• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

So guys, it looks like these talks between Papa Messi and the Barca board are going to be criticial to whether he comes or not.

At this stage, how badly do you want him? After all this hype will you actually be upset if he doesn't come? 

14 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Oh well, at least you tried. Just City being linked with one of the best two players in the world is an achievement in itself. Or is it? Were you only in the running because of the ex Barca men at the club?

Mick McCarthy could be the manager, as long as he's bringing the same suitcase to the table. 

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Lots of talk these days with statutes being proposed for players - can't say it interests me. The ultimate i guess must be to have a stand named after you like The Colin Bell Stand. 

Skip was 86 this week and surely there must be plans for a stand to be named in his honour for all the years of his great service to MCFC since 1966:

player, 

second-most decorated Manchester City captain of all-time, 

1969 Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year Award, sharing the accolade with Dave Mackay,

242 football league appearances for the club, 

various coaching roles at the club until 1996, 

temporary responsibility for first-team affairs (during Johnie Hart's illhealth), 

assistant manager to Ron Saunders,

caretaker manager, 

permanent manager, 

caretaker manager again, 

Honorary President of Manchester City,

Life President of the Manchester City Official Supporters Club, 

inducted into Manchester City's Hall of Fame in January 2004.

Surely the best transfer fee of £17,000 ever spent on a player by City.

unnamed (2).jpg

images (16).jpeg

When City had a soul. 

17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Lots of talk these days with statutes being proposed for players - can't say it interests me. The ultimate i guess must be to have a stand named after you like The Colin Bell Stand. 

Skip was 86 this week and surely there must be plans for a stand to be named in his honour for all the years of his great service to MCFC since 1966:

player, 

second-most decorated Manchester City captain of all-time, 

1969 Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year Award, sharing the accolade with Dave Mackay,

242 football league appearances for the club, 

various coaching roles at the club until 1996, 

temporary responsibility for first-team affairs (during Johnie Hart's illhealth), 

assistant manager to Ron Saunders,

caretaker manager, 

permanent manager, 

caretaker manager again, 

Honorary President of Manchester City,

Life President of the Manchester City Official Supporters Club, 

inducted into Manchester City's Hall of Fame in January 2004.

Surely the best transfer fee of £17,000 ever spent on a player by City.

unnamed (2).jpg

images (16).jpeg

Still looks fit as a fiddle. 

You need to get VK back at the club. Guys like him (and Silva) are hard to replace. 

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You need to get VK back at the club. Guys like him (and Silva) are hard to replace. 

Totally agree. In the early 2010s we got heavily criticised for our spending but we bought well and bought a real strong spine. I think we had some leaders, vocal or by other means, in the team. Don't think we have that so much now which does have an affect. 

With Vinnies Manc connections, marrying a local lass, I could see him returning in time in some capacity after he's served his managerial apprenticeship in Belgium. 

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Totally agree. In the early 2010s we got heavily criticised for our spending but we bought well and bought a real strong spine. I think we had some leaders, vocal or by other means, in the team. Don't think we have that so much now which does have an affect. 

With Vinnies Manc connections, marrying a local lass, I could see him returning in time in some capacity after he's served his managerial apprenticeship in Belgium. 

I see he quit the manager job in Anderlecht and is now just a player?

Hopefully he is doing his coaching badges and returns soon. 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I think City are still in with a chance of Messi. How can Messi line up for the new season against his will? Surely Koeman should be telling the president to get him out and bring other players in fast.

Next season he with join the City Group

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I think City are still in with a chance of Messi. How can Messi line up for the new season against his will? Surely Koeman should be telling the president to get him out and bring other players in fast.

They can have him.!! Sulky git.

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Foden might be best off hiding in quarantine for a couple of weeks. He only became a dad recently. His mrs will kill him

And this is England's great hope?... The little rat.

Keep Greenwood and Sancho away from him. And preferably the England squad altogether

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Keep Greenwood and Sancho away from him. And preferably the England squad altogether

I reckon it's the other way around. Foden never put a step out of place until he linked up with a United player and let's have it right, in addition to the "you know who I am" attitude, this sort of behaviour is rife at United. 

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I reckon it's the other way around. Foden never put a step out of place until he linked up with a United player and let's have it right, in addition to the "you know who I am" attitude, this sort of behaviour is rife at United. 

We have just about the most exemplary young footballer in the world in our ranks.

Getting mixed up in trouble after a few beers on holiday can't be equated to a new father sniffing around pussy. Rat. 

15 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Getting mixed up in trouble after a few beers on holiday can't be equated to a new father sniffing around pussy. Rat. 

You are unbelievable. You'll come up with any tripe to try and convince yourself your suspended sentence captain is innocent. Comparing what Foden and Greenwood did to the Birdman of Mykonos is laughable

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You are unbelievable. You'll come up with any tripe to try and convince yourself your suspended sentence captain is innocent. Comparing what Foden and Greenwood did to the Birdman of Mykonos is laughable

We obviously have a very different moral compass. 

One thing I do take seriously, which Kadilo unwittingly raised, is that whether or not it was his fault Maguire needs to shape up very quickly as a captain if he is going to be in a position to give a dressing down to a young player in a situation like this. I believe this will be fuel for him though. I also believe if some of the senior United players were on this trip Mason wouldn't have got mixed up in this.

Why wasn't Sterling keeping an eye on this little rat?

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

We obviously have a very different moral compass. 

One thing I do take seriously, which Kadilo unwittingly raised, is that whether or not it was his fault Maguire needs to shape up very quickly as a captain if he is going to be in a position to give a dressing down to a young player in a situation like this. I believe this will be fuel for him though. I also believe if some of the senior United players were on this trip Mason wouldn't have got mixed up in this.

Why wasn't Sterling keeping an eye on this little rat?

Let’s face it you have a discipline problem at United. 

I understand why you would want to play down Maguire. Assault, attempted bribery, hardly a role model for anyone let alone young players. Hardly surprising no one knows where the line is. What is he if he isnt of the senior players? Who do you mean, Lingard? 

And then there’s Pogba who basically does his own thing and has OLS eating out of his a.rse. 

No excuse for Foden mind. For a guy who was clearly over the moon to get his first cap god knows what he was thinking. 

• Like 1