The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

So the actual reason City were not punished was because the Statue of Limitations written in FFP had passed? 

No Bob. BLM ripped down all the Statue's. ????

We don't yet know the full transcript, I think it is being released in the next day or so but it isn't as simple as you are trying to make out.

The CAS statement said:-  'Most of the alleged breaches reported by the Adjudicatory Chamber of the CFCB (UEFA'S Club Financial Control Body) were either not established or time-barred.

So at the moment, that is about all we know.  I know what you are trying to allude to but UEFA wouldn't have gone this far if the majority of the case was subject to time bound elements. That's why UEFA didn't punish PSG. In addition, City have always maintained their innocence and just because some elements where thrown out on the time bound rule, doesn't mean we were guilty of that part. It just means it didn't need to be considered. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wilai said:

Maybe the acronym should be NFFP?......Not Fit For Purpose!....or is that a alternate for UEFA themselves?

It's never been fit for purpose. It was supposed to be about ensuring owners weren't putting clubs into huge debt. And so how can it be ok for clubs like City to be hauled over the coals for having no deb't but it's ok for other clubs to have eye watering debt for years and years and never reducing it? Baffling 

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Apparently we have reached an agreement with Ferran Torres, a 20 year old from Valencia. Must admit I know nothing about him. Any of you guys seen him?

Nope. Wiki makes him sound like the second coming of Dani Alves.

What a job Arteta has done in a short period of time. That squad is so much more organized and composed.

Burnt by a couple of Auby breakaways and couldn't hit the net. So many crosses. I do wish KDB would look for his shot more often instead of the super slick pass.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Well done Arsenal. Don't know whether I'd say they played better than us, we just didn't / couldn't finish. They made their chances count and we couldn't hit a barn door.

Arsenal defended for their lives. Luis had the game of his life! Playing Maitland-Niles as a wing  back. All things no one would have predicted. 

A few of your players had an off night. It happens. Let’s hope you get it together for the Real Madrid game. 

Have to say Arteta is becoming a very impressive manager and appears to be making a huge difference. Potential replacement for Pep eventually?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wilai said:

New Covid restrictions in UK mean 14 days quarantine for travellers from Spain. Might mean RM 2nd leg may have to be moved to a neutral venue? 

If they can't make it, we should get the win. Fed up of this on-off-on-off rubbish

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

If they can't make it, we should get the win. Fed up of this on-off-on-off rubbish

Private jet, quarantine style hotel in Madrid, no fans during training or the match. Can they get some form of exemption for non-tourist, work related travel? Won't they be off to Germany if they win the tie anyway?

Don't Wolves and Man Utd have similar issues if they play in Portugal?

A minefield. I wonder how the players feel.

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Because you hold so much sway at the European top table... I can really see that happening ????

It was tongue in cheek. I have absolutely no expectation of them awarding us a win because RM can't attend. 

4 minutes ago, champers said:

Private jet, quarantine style hotel in Madrid, no fans during training or the match. Can they get some form of exemption for non-tourist, work related travel? Won't they be off to Germany if they win the tie anyway?

Yeah it was hard enough getting leagues up and running in singular countries, never mind trying to organise games across borders

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It was tongue in cheek. I have absolutely no expectation of them awarding us a win because RM can't attend. 

Do you actually realise the situation you've got yourselves into? UEFA hate you more than ever, and so do most of the other top clubs.

How does it feel?

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Do you actually realise the situation you've got yourselves into? UEFA hate you more than ever, and so do most of the other top clubs.

How does it feel?

Well you should know cos nobody has ever liked your lot.

Interesting fact. We've finished above you ever since SAF left you. How does it feel?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, champers said:

RM game is scheduled for the Etihad so the issue is whether our government make them a special case. The remaining rounds are to be played in Portugal anyway so all qualifiers for the last 8 will be over there. At the moment, Portugal doesn't appear affected badly.

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

How does it feel?

Ouch. 

Last game nerves?

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

nobody has ever liked your lot

Nobody = dim English football fans.

The same people that unnesecerrily hammer any high profile English players that play for United over the years. Beckham, Rooney, Maguire... You are continuing a fine tradition.

I wonder why nobody hammers John Stones for being Delete? Cos nobody gives a <deleted> about City 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

No, it's because of your arrogance. Just like your post above. If someone says something bad about United then they're dim but you lot can slate away till your hearts content. That's why you're known as RAGs

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wilai said:

RM game is scheduled for the Etihad so the issue is whether our government make them a special case. The remaining rounds are to be played in Portugal anyway so all qualifiers for the last 8 will be over there. At the moment, Portugal doesn't appear affected badly.

Portugal is it? Apologies. However I am sure there is no air corridor there with the UK so Brits are not travelling there for holidays. There must be some differentiation between tourist travel and work travel.

As a side note: there are currently motor bike races going on in Jerez in Spain and teams and riders competing from all over the globe. Also the UK Masters golf has just finished yesterday with players from far and wide.

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

The same people that unnesecerrily hammer any high profile English players that play for United over the years. Beckham, Rooney, Maguire... You are continuing a fine tradition.

I wonder why nobody hammers John Stones for being Delete? Cos nobody gives a <deleted> about City 

I have hammered John Stones but he hardly plays for City now; Pep seemingly wants shot of him. I give Harry Maguire more stick but he plays every week and I did slag him off while he was still at Leicester, so it is not a Utd thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, champers said:

I have hammered John Stones but he hardly plays for City now; Pep seemingly wants shot of him. I give Harry Maguire more stick but he plays every week and I did slag him off while he was still at Leicester, so it is not a Utd thing.

Yeah but your a balanced, knowledgable football fan.

The minute the casual fan starts hammering City players is when they've made it to the big time. 

12 minutes ago, champers said:

MaGuire seems a bit of a marmite player. 

I was listening to 5 live last night back here and a guy called on and said Lewis Dunk deserves a chance ahead of him in the England set up. The guy was a Brighton fan and scathing in his views of MaGuire

But  then the pundits and presenters thought he was talking tosh. . 

Edited by Kadilo

• 2 weeks later...