The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

New City shirt on sale now in Pattaya - Royal Garden Plaza. I didn't get the price, no time for faffing about signing in, etc. Think it was a Puma outlet.

Game looks finely poised at half time. City's bench looks stronger than RMs.

Ramos looks like a tramp dressed from an Oxfam shop.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

7 minutes ago, champers said:

New City shirt on sale now in Pattaya - Royal Garden Plaza. I didn't get the price, no time for faffing about signing in, etc. Think it was a Puma outlet.

Game looks finely poised at half time. City's bench looks stronger than RMs.

Ramos looks like a tramp dressed from an Oxfam shop.

City to score a couple more. 3-1. 

Good game. 

The Gareth Bale situation really is turning into a sad story. A case of classic mis management. I can understand his frustration with no being respected by the club after what he has contributed, but then he made it worse with the Wales, Golf banner.

You have to say the responsibility lies with the club for poorly managing the whole thing. Seems ridiculous to have such a big asset not playing in a CL knockout match, when he is not injured.

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

The Gareth Bale situation really is turning into a sad story. A case of classic mis management. I can understand his frustration with no being respected by the club after what he has contributed, but then he made it worse with the Wales, Golf banner.

You have to say the responsibility lies with the club for poorly managing the whole thing. Seems ridiculous to have such a big asset not playing in a CL knockout match, when he is not injured.

I'd also like to add....... I think this highlights one of Ole's most underestimated strengths. I think he is really good at promoting squad harmony and diffusing these kind of situations. It helps that he has 0% ego (almost unheard of these days), and always wishes players the best in public, while behind the scenes isn't afraid to make tough and swift decisions (Sanchez and Lukaku being cases in point).

Obviously happy with the result but more importantly how we did it. You can't totally dominate possession against a team like RM, so we adapted when we weren't in possession. When we got the ball back, we were calm and didn't flap. For example, in the last 10 minutes or so when we should have been under constant attack from a team desperate to score, we hardly let RM have the ball. That is how you stop a team from scoring. Deny them the ball, instead of nail biting 11 men behind the ball.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Obviously happy with the result but more importantly how we did it. You can't totally dominate possession against a team like RM, so we adapted when we weren't in possession. When we got the ball back, we were calm and didn't flap. For example, in the last 10 minutes or so when we should have been under constant attack from a team desperate to score, we hardly let RM have the ball. That is how you stop a team from scoring. Deny them the ball, instead of nail biting 11 men behind the ball.

Didnt' watch the game but you have to be considered one of the favourites now. Only Atletico, Bayern and Barca that I'd fancy beating you. 

Edit.. and maybe PSG

Edited by RickG16

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Excellent performance. After RM scored they started to look dangerous and the keeper made some important stops. After the break you dominated  and looked the more likely to score. 

They clearly missed Ramos at the back but nevertheless you dominated. 

Juve now out the way and who knows maybe Barca later leaves a decent opening. 

Mind you Lyon are no gimme but i would expect City to win that. 

Still worrying at the back at times. Have Benzena far too much room and shooting opportunities. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, champers said:

Why don't you buy one and publicly burn it on Walking Street?

You'd be contributing to the Pattaya economy, while making the international football community happy. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

You'd be contributing to the Pattaya economy, while making the international football community happy. 

Nice try Rick but have a read of this link of most hated Football teams around the world, City are nowhere in it. https://www.gentside.co.uk/football/these-are-the-world-s-most-hated-football-clubs_art465.html

Funny line in it about hated teams in Germany:- RB Leipzig (Germany): the German equivalent of Man U, many Germans dislike the team due to its lack of heritage and its backing from Red Bull. ????

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

RB Leipzig (Germany): the German equivalent of Man U, many Germans dislike the team due to its lack of heritage and its backing from Red Bull. ????

Well we know they chose the wrong team for that analogy. 

On 8/8/2020 at 1:03 PM, RickG16 said:

This does need burning, new 3rd choice kit.

EfHGpePWoAAdT0p.jpeg

14 hours ago, champers said:

This does need burning, new 3rd choice kit.

EfHGpePWoAAdT0p.jpeg

I saw that being banded about last month but believe it was a concept. It is truly grotesque. I've just checked on the City shop and that isn't listed as the 3rd kit. I hope and pray it was only a concept.  

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

He's already checked the website and started praying... all that's left is a letter to the Sheikh. 

I probably should have it noted that the shirt prayer is well behind my annual prayer for United to continue their decline ????

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I saw that being banded about last month but believe it was a concept. It is truly grotesque. I've just checked on the City shop and that isn't listed as the 3rd kit. I hope and pray it was only a concept.  

It gave me an immediate LSD flashback.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, RickG16 said:

It must have fallen on deaf ears recently.

Yeah finishing at least 10 wins behind the league Champions in the last 2 seasons is serious progress. Going on ten years since you won the league, or any trophy of true significance. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah finishing at least 10 wins behind the league Champions in the last 2 seasons is serious progress. Going on ten years since you won the league, or any trophy of true significance. 

I'm talking about right now. I think this is the first time since Fergie we have a very solid first XI, a lot of potential in the squad, and are playing in a way the fans like.

We are in the CL for next year and are still in the business end of a European competition... while your players are off competing with James Milner for the most boring holiday snaps.