The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Are there any reasonable hotel prices to be had there?

I guess drinking beer can only be done at certain hotels?

Honestly I couldn't think of a worse place on the planet to spend money on traveling to such an event. 

25 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Honestly I couldn't think of a worse place on the planet to spend money on traveling to such an event. 

Bit harsh Bob. Nearly 12 years I've lived there. It's all dependant on where you live really but I wouldn't have stayed that long if it was that bad

VAR will be used in all 380 Premier League games this season.

Big screens will not only indicate when a review taking place but also show replays so fans inside the stadium so fans can see what’s happening.

Manchester United and Liverpool are the only exceptions to this as Old Trafford and Anfield do not currently have big screens installed.

Stone age grounds!

10 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sounds like Sane has got the same/similar injury as Mad Mendy, lets hope for footballing sake he makes a recovery. I'm sure we can all agree he's a really talented exciting player that we'd like to see for another 10 years or so.

... in Munich.

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Hotels are ok but if your serious about coming I think something could be arranged. Speak via pm if you like

Beware of stalkers. First chance he'll strangle you with a red & white scarf when your back's turned.

Edited by champers

There's a regularmisconception on here by you lot that City's owners, Pep and us City fans are desperate to win the CL / would rather win the CL over the PL, despite MrBj and me repeatedly stating we'd rather win the PL.

This and Peps recent comment explains it nicely:

There’s a popular misconception that City fans would happily swap our Premier League title with Liverpool’s Champions League. It’s such nonsense. The vast majority of City fans that I have spoken to want to win the Premier League first. Of course it would be good to win the Champions League, but winning a League title over 38 games in a seasons means so much more, is much more important to us and more satisfying.

While the owners would like to win the Champions League, it is even highly questionable that they would swap our title for anything.

Pep Guardiola talks about the League being the most important, and he said last Monday:

“I would sign right now to what we did last season again. Not winning the Champions League again in this season.”

“I think I want to be happy during 11 months. It makes me happy, the Premier League. When I win, the days after I am happier…I feel better, I work better with my players. That’s what it gives me.”

“To maintain the health of the team, the focus in the Premier League always is the most important thing, the local competition because it is every weekend.”

Clear.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

There's a regularmisconception on here by you lot that City's owners, Pep and us City fans are desperate to win the CL / would rather win the CL over the PL, despite MrBj and me repeatedly stating we'd rather win the PL.

This and Peps recent comment explains it nicely:

There’s a popular misconception that City fans would happily swap our Premier League title with Liverpool’s Champions League. It’s such nonsense. The vast majority of City fans that I have spoken to want to win the Premier League first. Of course it would be good to win the Champions League, but winning a League title over 38 games in a seasons means so much more, is much more important to us and more satisfying.

While the owners would like to win the Champions League, it is even highly questionable that they would swap our title for anything.

Pep Guardiola talks about the League being the most important, and he said last Monday:

“I would sign right now to what we did last season again. Not winning the Champions League again in this season.”

“I think I want to be happy during 11 months. It makes me happy, the Premier League. When I win, the days after I am happier…I feel better, I work better with my players. That’s what it gives me.”

“To maintain the health of the team, the focus in the Premier League always is the most important thing, the local competition because it is every weekend.”

Clear.

I also think other fans don't understand why we hate, yes hate, the muppets who run the Europa and CL comps. It brings big money in and yeah I wouldn't mind winning it but not at the expense of the Prem.

For those who don't know why we hate those clowns, read here:-

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/why-city-fans-boo-uefa-13674961

On 8/9/2019 at 11:29 PM, mrbojangles said:

Bit harsh Bob. Nearly 12 years I've lived there. It's all dependant on where you live really but I wouldn't have stayed that long if it was that bad

You've only stayed that long because you have secure work for a British bluechip, live in a 5 star bubble and get paid shit tons to do so. ????

How much time do you spend enjoying the wonderful city of Riyadh and all it has to offer, or the garbage filled barren surrounding landscape. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 9:51 AM, mrbojangles said:

West Ham are a lot better than the score line suggests

More patronising BS from the Abu Dhabi oil team.

Yet again we were thrashed by MC without putting up a fight. We just rolled over and let you rub our bellies.

The last 10 games against you lot have resulted in a 22-1 aggregate. 

The fact is that City are now so far ahead of everyone else the PL has become boring.

When you know who is going to win it before a ball is kicked it becomes rather pointless.

The attraction of the PL was always the fact that any team can beat anyone else on the day. Not so now.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to be in your position but don't you sometimes wish for the Maine Road days when life was a little more unpredictable?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

Yet again we were thrashed by MC without putting up a fight. We just rolled over and let you rub our bellies.

The last 10 games against you lot have resulted in a 22-1 aggregate. 

The fact is that City are now so far ahead of everyone else the PL has become boring.

When you know who is going to win it before a ball is kicked it becomes rather pointless.

The attraction of the PL was always the fact that any team can beat anyone else on the day. Not so now.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to be in your position but don't you sometimes wish for the Maine Road days when life was a little more unpredictable?

The Abu Dhabi oil team has a certain ring to it... so nice one for that.

But the rest of your post is a bit contradictory. Either City are so good the PL has become boring, or you rolled over and let them win.... which is it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

The Abu Dhabi oil team has a certain ring to it... so nice one for that.

But the rest of your post is a bit contradictory. Either City are so good the PL has become boring, or you rolled over and let them win.... which is it?

Both. Beaten before we even got on the pitch.

As will happen with most teams.

Not patronising at all. I have my view and it's an honest one. If you don't agree with it, that's fine but at least keep it civil 

Pipping Liverpool to the title on the last day blows your first point out of the water

As for the other points, We got beat by Chelsea, Leicester, Newcastle and Crystal Palace last year. So yes, any team can still beat anyone on the day. Therefore, those are also blown out of the water

Are you having a laugh (or a Giraffe in your native tongue). I had a miserable childhood riding that rollercoaster. Enough for a lifetime thanks. I'm very happy with our lot at the moment and enjoying it whilst I can cos it won't last forever

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Pipping Liverpool to the title on the last day blows your first point out of the water

As for the other points, We got beat by Chelsea, Leicester, Newcastle and Crystal Palace last year. So yes, any team can still beat anyone on the day. Therefore, those are also blown out of the water

This season City have improved the squad even more.

Liverpool have not.

City will win by a country mile.

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Not patronising at all. I have my view and it's an honest one. If you don't agree with it, that's fine but at least keep it civil 

Of course it is patronising.

You beat us 4 or 5 every time then come out with "good old West Ham, good try, unlucky etc"

At least be honest and say you wipe the floor with us every time.

BTW It should have been 6-0 as the ruled out goal was never off side whatever VAR said.

The sooner that is kicked into touch the better.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fishtank said:

BTW It should have been 6-0 as the ruled out goal was never off side whatever VAR said.

Have to agree with that. Perfectly good goal. It just delayed the inevitable but there will be times very soon where this type of decision will cause far more controversy. 

The disallowed goal in the Wolves game for handball in the build up was a total joke as well. As their boss says players will have to cut off their arms soon .......as well as trim their nostril hair. 

PS I don’t personally find Mr B comments patrionising. He made a similar comment early last season when we had a similarly performance and I think we all know we are far better than that game showed as we went on to prove in the latter half of the season. 

Im not sure they will win the league comfortably. I can see it being a similar battle to last season with maybe City winning by a handful of points. 

Im sure Liverpool fans will disagree ????

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

This season City have improved the squad even more.

Liverpool have not.

City will win by a country mile.

Apparently, Liverpool have Gomez & AOC back both like new signings, a fit Lallana will be like a new signing, Rhian Brewster being back from injury is like signing a star in the making.  Load of <deleted> in my opinion.

Agree on the country mile win

Of course it is patronising.

You beat us 4 or 5 every time then come out with "good old West Ham, good try, unlucky etc"

At least be honest and say you wipe the floor with us every time.

BB is far more patronizing, Jangles vails it better ????

• Like 1