The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Been very impressed with Rodri to date; him coming on and winning that midfield on Saturday showed how good he is. He's settled in very quickly. Got to feel sorry for Fernandinho in all of this; last season he was our most important player and this season he can't get a kick. Just don't play Gundogan there again - he has no physicality.

6 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Atalanta are an excellent team and I recall you lost Shakhtar a couple of seasons back. 

You're correct. I had to go read the BBC article to remind myself what happened. We were 8 points clear in the PL, already qualified in the CL, our first loss in 29 games, Adarabioyo, Foden (first CL start) and Diaz played and Everton's Bernard was MOM.

Screenshot_2019-08-30-07-17-52.png

On 8/30/2019 at 4:45 AM, BangrakBob said:

Incredibly fortunate once again. Should see you through to the quarters again ????

^^^It's easy to see the implication here... it's not fair.... City have the better draw.... we are being hard done by...conspiracy against the scousers.

Even when they are European champions they prefer to cry about being victimised. 

19 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

^^^It's easy to see the implication here... it's not fair.... City have the better draw.... we are being hard done by...conspiracy against the scousers.

Even when they are European champions they prefer to cry about being victimised. 

Hello, hello, United agro!

I'm really looking forward to reading the bin-dippers response to you Rick.

4v0 win but a bit of a bore. Aguero Silva Mahrez Rodri all excellent - Aguero's finishing for his last 3 goals has been so precise. Sterling was the invisible man.

Very worrying about Laporte, looked bad. Stones injured. Otamendi and Fernandinho partnership...oh dear.

16 hours ago, RickG16 said:

City seemingly getting a kind draw every CL group stage is an actual fun fact. How has it got anything to do with us?

You're yearning to interpret it how you want to again Rick. Mad that you'd actually think back to back finalist, last season winners, would even consider anyone else's draw as positive or negative for us. We don't give a <deleted> who we or anyone else draws, we are going for back to back titles.

Enjoy your trip to dark-durka-stan or where ever it is you'll be playing in the second class of Europe!

Congratulations on another great result today!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

City seemingly getting a kind draw every CL group stage is an actual fun fact.

You need to check your "actual fun facts" more closely!

Just to clarify this nonsense that City get an easy group every year ive posted the "facts".

Initially we always drew a favourite.

Maybe it balances out (i know  some of you are fans of the 'it balances out' theory).

2011/12 Bayern Munich..Napoli..Villarreal

2012/13 Real Madrid..Dortmund..Ajax

2013/14 Bayern Munich..CSKA Moscow..Viktoria Plzen

2014/15 Bayern Munich..CSKA Moscow..Roma

2015/16 Juventus..Borussia Monchengladbach..Sevilla

2016/17 Barcelona..Borussia Monchengladbach..Celtic

2017/18 Napoli..Feyenoord..Shaktar Donetsk  

2018/19 Lyon..Hoffenheim..Shaktar Donetsk  

2019/20 Dinamo Zagreb..Atalanta..Shaktar Donetsk