The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

16 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

QPR 4-2 Man Utd: Reds suffer pre-season friendly defeat  

Any player ratings available?

Don't know, but from what I saw of the highlights QPR played really well, and Utds defence was appalling.

7 hours ago, xylophone said:

Don't know, but from what I saw of the highlights QPR played really well, and Utds defence was appalling.

2 screamers from them. We looked very disjointed. A bit alarming to see Peirera still in the side.

But have to consider that was nowhere near our first team, and QPR several weeks ahead in preparations etc etc 

Looks like the Candy Shop is well and truly open (and I don't mean Tony's in Patts????) First Sancho,  now Varane from RM today. Travelling over for medical. I wonder who will OGS ask his dad for next?

16 minutes ago, wilai said:

Looks like the Candy Shop is well and truly open (and I don't mean Tony's in Patts????) First Sancho,  now Varane from RM today. Travelling over for medical. I wonder who will OGS ask his dad for next?

Varane is not a done deal just yet, Who's next you ask, Kounde could be next and could be used as a CDM 

10 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Varane is not a done deal just yet,

It is as long as he passes a medical. This guy is rarely, if ever, wrong.

"More details. Raphaël Varane contract with Manchester United will be on a four-years basis with option to extend until June 2026. Personal terms agreed since days and paperworks prepared in the last few hours. Real Madrid accepted the bid today morning.

On 7/26/2021 at 8:07 PM, RickG16 said:

But have to consider that was nowhere near our first team, and QPR several weeks ahead in preparations etc etc 

Agree with that, and very often the preseason friendlies are really to blood a few youngsters, as well as give some of the more regular players a run out after injury, and I'm not sure how much store one can put on these games and the results.

I remember playing a pre-season friendly against Crystal Palace, and against Chelsea, and although Chelsea did put a couple of "regulars" in their team, I don't recall seeing any Crystal Palace regulars when we played them.

Quite what they got out of it I don't know, other than a stretching of the legs and watching a few youngsters in action.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 8:19 AM, wilai said:

His Dad?

On 7/7/2021 at 2:09 PM, mrbojangles said:

Going through ups and downs. Difficult just to turn off after working for so long. I've had to re-discover maths due to my daughters home/online schooling. Bladdy hated maths first time round. Just bought myself a new welder, so going to get stuck into some ideas have had for quite a while but never had the time to do them. Better learn to weld first though (insert laughing emoji) ????

Are you drinking more?

5 minutes ago, Jockstar said:

Are you drinking more?

Not really mate. A few beers at night. Mainly because for the last 13 years I couldn't have real beer. Bit tricky to gauge the comparison of retirement Vs Covid. Apparently home drinking has increased due to Covid. I'm still off the smokes for over 19 moths now but I'll not give up having a beer ????

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Not really mate. A few beers at night. Mainly because for the last 13 years I couldn't have real beer. Bit tricky to gauge the comparison of retirement Vs Covid. Apparently home drinking has increased due to Covid. I'm still off the smokes for over 19 moths now but I'll not give up having a beer ????

Good luck with the smokes! 2 1/2 years for me!

• Like 1

Man Utd Team Meal tonight. Are they staying at a quarantine hotel?.....No surprise though to see Luke Shaw's preference: Cheeseburger Fries AND Chips along with plenty of bread. Chip butties perhaps????? Lingard is a strange one....Couldn't he have just asked for a cheese roll?

E7-ZKfWWQAA9Jz_?format=jpg&name=medium

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Good old Sumo. Still thinks he’s on his Mykonos Holidays. Surprised he never ordered a side of extra chips and sticky toffee for pudding. 

He thought he'd get more if he ordered them as a main meal????

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, wilai said:

Man Utd Team Meal tonight. Are they staying at a quarantine hotel?.....No surprise though to see Luke Shaw's preference: Cheeseburger Fries AND Chips along with plenty of bread. Chip butties perhaps????? Lingard is a strange one....Couldn't he have just asked for a cheese roll?

E7-ZKfWWQAA9Jz_?format=jpg&name=medium

Don’t mention Chip Buttys

• Like 1

Manchester United player ratings: Bruno Fernandes and Nemanja Matic good vs Everton

Man United beat Everton 4-0 at Old Trafford in their last pre-season friendly and here are how the players rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-united-player-ratings-everton-21252497