The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

14 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

They already did 187 million pounds

Do you know what IN ADDITION actually means?  As far as shirt sales go, Man U sold 3,250,000 million units as long ago as 2018/19 so you still have a fair way to go I'd guess before any ADDITIONAL sales pay for him.

Manchester United player ratings: Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes good vs Newcastle

Cristiano Ronaldo was the matchwinner for Man United against Newcastle and here are how the players rated at Old Trafford.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-newcastle-21544726

50 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I mean let's be honest, Firminho is hardly carrying the torch from Romario and Ronaldo is he. 

One day you'll wake up and post something remotely sensible........not holding my breath though.????......And at least have the decency to check how players names are actually spelt before posting.

46 minutes ago, wilai said:

One day you'll wake up and post something remotely sensible........not holding my breath though.????......And at least have the decency to check how players names are actually spelt before posting.

No interest in spelling Liverpool names properly.

I don't see anything outrageous in what I've said. Firminho is a little more functional and less magical than the Brazilian strikers of the past. Am I wrong? 

Why be so defensive? I'll admit Fred isn't the second coming of Dunga either!

Now you're 3rd in the FPL you refuse to discuss football now is it? Any point which dares to contain negative connotations about Liverpool are just ridiculous....

15 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I don't see anything outrageous in what I've said. Firminho is a little more functional and less magical than the Brazilian strikers of the past. Am I wrong? 

Your mate was complaining about a player's lack of ability and control, and you jump in with a ridiculous comparison between one of the best 'false 9s' around and a pair of out and out strikers. And not seeing anything wrong with saying that just confirms your complete lack of football knowledge. 

• Like 1

Just now, wilai said:

Your mate was complaining about a player's lack of ability and control, and you jump in with a ridiculous comparison between one of the best 'false 9s' around and a pair of out and out strikers. And not seeing anything wrong with saying that just confirms your complete lack of football knowledge. 

I’m amazed it’s taken you this long. ????

Just now, wilai said:

So we can only compare false 9s to false 9s? It's a thread, the topic progresses.... Fred might not be one of the best Brazilian midfielders going, but Firmino isn't exactly box office either is he? He's good at what he does. Not what we've come to expect from Brazilian strikers over the years.