800000 baht in Bank, Months or Days !

when it comes to count. . . it is the old Immigration game.  They count the day of your application as day number one, and count backwards to the day your Bank account showed 800,000+  (and nothing less from there on)

so they count down 60 days, although it could actually be 61 days 

Same applies when you enter the country . . day of entry is day one . .then they follow the calendar and count 30 days . .so sometimes it is when you arrive on April 2 on a visa exempt, they day the permit of stay for 30 days end is not May 2 but rather May 1 st !!

Edited by crazygreg44

7 minutes ago, BritTim said:

They count actual months.

excuse me, I doubt this. The question is good!  Two months are actually 61 days, except when one of the months in the count is a month February

Edited by crazygreg44

I reckon you should never ask this question to an Immigration officer. Better yet  .. "up to you!"  how they  count

I entered on October 2nd, went to do the "new" TM30 . . .she put my 90-day report date at December 2nd.  I kindly asked her to count 90 days from October 2nd !

Many of these people have no idea of Maths

13 minutes ago, crazygreg44 said:

when it comes to count. . . it is the old Immigration game.  They count the day of your application as day number one, and count backwards to the day your Bank account showed 800,000+  (and nothing less from there on)

so they count down 60 days, although it could actually be 61 days 

Same applies when you enter the country . . day of entry is day one . .then they follow the calendar and count 30 days . .so sometimes it is when you arrive on April 2 on a visa exempt, they day the permit of stay for 30 days end is not May 2 but rather May 1 st !!

In my experience, Thai officials are quite literal about the difference between 60 days and two months. Yes, when you enter Thailand using a visa and are entitled to a 60-day permission to stay, you are stamped in for exactly 60 days with the day of entry counting as day 1. Similarly, a 60-day extension to visit your wife does mean 60 days. However, when the criteria for seasoning of money in the bank is two months, that is what they check (though some offices might be flexible under some circumstance, something the senior official has the discretion to allow).

5 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

As the title suggests what is the criteria for the money in the Bank, Days or Months, 60 days/90 days or 2/3 full months ?

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

They count actual months.

It is 60 days for the first extension then 3 months from year two onwards.

8 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

excuse me, I doubt this. The question is good!

Two months are actually 61 days, except when one of the months in the count is a month February

15 July to 15 September is 62 days... :tongue: