Use Our Service If You Love Thailand, Much-Loathed State Post Says

webfact

Use Our Service If You Love Thailand, Much-Loathed State Post Says

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

47396811_702920113437022_726171964938387

BANGKOK — In the face of growing competition from private courier companies Kerry and Lalamove, the official post service unveiled a new marketing message evoking patriotism.

“Using Thailand Post service is showing gratitude to the country (Revenues go to the state to develop the nation),” the agency declared in a Tuesday banner which was quickly ridiculed on the internet.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2018/12/05/use-our-service-if-you-love-thailand-much-loathed-state-post-says/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-12-05

Who will use the Official Postal service that is inefficient, where parcels get stolen misplaced or even don't arrive and much more ?.... (of course, some will be singing praise of the Thai Post Service that good for them works in their area, but this is not everywhere helas!)

the equation is simple and playing the patriot act is somewhat useless,  as a very large amount of e-commerce customers in Thailand are those pesky foreigners/farangs!

Edited by observer90210

I have nothing but praise for Thai Post in Chiang Mai. Never lost a package, and always get one of those pink forms if my package is too big or I wasn't home, and the post office service is also very good.

...and I order hundreds of packages a year...some of them over $1000.

The only issue I had recently was that a package exceeded 40,000 baht, and I had to go to customs to register as an importer. Took 5 minutes and the package was delivered the next day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

Our standard post arrives in a bundle held together with an elastic band once every quarter - same for many others in the area (Hua Hin). They are dreadful here.

Try complaining & have your fact right when you do so. I had to years ago & it worked a treat-The lazy b******d had been hoarding/throwing mail away instead of delivering it and was caught as a result of several complaints.

I think overall this is a reflection of what's happening/has already happened in countries around the world. 

Traditional postal services are being made redundant thanks to technology for communication and start up companies which specialize in delivering promptly. 

Like many other post offices, they're going to have to reinvent themselves and offer new services which appeal to people who don't need stamps or packages. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Their slogan should be;

"We steal your stuff and laugh about it"

Your post is not very funny...laugh, laugh,... ha, ha!

I have had a P. O. Box in Nana for many years and have never had a problem. If you have a problem with the postal system then please share it with us. Otherwise please leave your cheap comments out of the discussion.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

If they want to get customers back they need to improve their services and open more branches.
I once had to wait 2.5 hours at the post to send 1 package.
For domestic online trade Kerry is faster cheaper you can print labels at home and they pickup so no need to spend half day at the Post.
!0 years ago i had problems recieving packages but these days they always arrive only problem is when not home they leave a slip and I have to drive half hour to go pick it up. Kerry Express call to arrange a delivery if not home.
Since they increased International Expedited post from 800-2500 baht I use DHL as its cheaper, faster and can be tracked every step of the way.

17 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Playing the nationalism card. Pathetic.

If I were Kerry or Lalamove, I'd counteract immediately, posting ads in all major newspapers that read: "You, our customer, and we, the service provider, pay taxes on our transactions. And those go to the state to develop the nation, too."

On the contrary, the best strategy might be not to play their petty game. 

Silence might be the best marketeer.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, newcomer71 said:

Now, that is desperation...

It's a small preview of how so many state and private entities will be trying to appeal to nationalism when they began to suffer from competition with better equipped competitors. 

"If you love Thailand, you won't buy those foreign items. Buy our local Thai junk. The money mostly gets pocketed by officials who drive Mercedes Benz"

14 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Bashing Thai officialdom is something the average Thai does too.  I use Thai Post with little trouble as well.  Don't care for having to show my passport every time I send something, but it's junta mania's police state. 

Nor have I ever had issues with Thai Post....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

I've used Thai Post for 20 years, and never had a problem, what is it with Thai-bashing on this forum ?

I used them once and they DESTROYED my package. I have a 100% loathing of their "service." And when I say destroyed, it HAD to have been intentional.

18 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

I've used Thai Post for 20 years, and never had a problem, what is it with Thai-bashing on this forum ?

In the first 6 years living here I had big problems recieving any Post almost nothing got through but that was in Pattaya on the dark side, these days with online tracking n all never have a problem just the odd Christmas and Birthday card without tracking sometimes doesn't make it.

I am somewhat bewildered by Thai Post. Amazon sent me a Kindle via private courier to replace one that failed under warranty. Arrived about two days late, thanks to Customs in Bangkok. All the way from America with a partly-charged lithium battery in it.

I agreed to send them the failed Kindle so the Amazon engineers could determine what went wrong. Go to the local post office. Cannot, has battery. But but but - the battery is as flat as a dead maggot. Cannot.

How does Thai Post expect to compete with couriers, if they can do what Thai Post can't?

20 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Their slogan should be;

"We steal your stuff and laugh about it"

Maybe that was the case in some areas many years ago, but in the last 13 years at my current postal code, the post service, both in & out has been nothing but exemplary.

Our local Post Office is superbly run too.

These days, i have nothing but good things to say about the Thai Post Office.

Kerry seems popular for delivering commercial stuff to private punters (like my missus), but the International couriers, DHL et al, i have nothing but utter scorn and contempt for.

• Like 1