Outspoken Chalerm named Pheu Thai’s chief of election campaign team

webfact

7 minutes ago, JAG said:

Whilst we are on the subject of "ear medicine" ; it must be some mighty powerful stuff you're on, judging by the imagery which it is conjuring up...

Well a mighty powerful dosage of ear medicine made the big c stagger and incoherent when he was representing Thailand an an official engagement in KL Malaysia, and highly embarrassing for the Thai contingent and all Thais. 

• Like 2

On 12/5/2018 at 4:33 AM, Eric Loh said:

Grab a seat and bring out the popcorn. Chalerm versus Prayut and Prawit will be raw upfront full throttle stuff. Waiting for him to tear into these two ursupers in his campaigning. He is the right man for this election campaigning where others will be intimated to speak out against the junta. 

At least he is not afraid to get into the mud and take the gloves off. Could make this interesting as things are publicized that normally would be off limits.

7 minutes ago, chama said:

At least he is not afraid to get into the mud and take the gloves off. Could make this interesting as things are publicized that normally would be off limits.

Outspoken, yes! And for him that usually also means intimidating / threatening.

In all the 'outspoken' comments he's made did he ever say something of great value / a new approach etc., that was 'outstanding' in terms of taking Thailand forward and improving the quality of life for large numbers of Thais? No!

Does anybody recall when he was the health minister and the story broke about Chinese baby formula manufacturers padding the powder with melamine, and a number of babies infants has died from the melamine In China and Thailand and more countries.

Chalerms' 'outspoken' comment to reporters at a media event was 'be quiet, don't say anything about it, we don't want to upset the Chinese'.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Outspoken, yes! And for him that usually also means intimidating / threatening.

In all the 'outspoken' comments he's made did he ever say something of great value / a new approach etc., that was 'outstanding' in terms of taking Thailand forward and improving the quality of life for large numbers of Thais? No!

Does anybody recall when he was the health minister and the story broke about Chinese baby formula manufacturers padding the powder with melamine, and a number of babies infants has died from the melamine In China and Thailand and more countries.

Chalerms' 'outspoken' comment to reporters at a media event was 'be quiet, don't say anything about it, we don't want to upset the Chinese'.

Not sure he is there to improve anyone else's life but rather get into a fist fight with the Generals and disclose things they would prefer not shared in public. After doing the damage either the party will lose traction or find a new front man. I hope my earlier post did not come off as an overall endorsement for Chalerm, that was not how it was intended. 

1 hour ago, chama said:

Not sure he is there to improve anyone else's life but rather get into a fist fight with the Generals and disclose things they would prefer not shared in public. After doing the damage either the party will lose traction or find a new front man. I hope my earlier post did not come off as an overall endorsement for Chalerm, that was not how it was intended. 

There's also the point that chalerm has big baggage over many decades. 

Someone / many people very likely have a lot of dirt on this clown, so needs to be careful what he stirs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chama said:

Someone / many people very likely have a lot of dirt on this clown, so he needs to be careful what / who he stirs. 

22 hours ago, scorecard said:

Someone / many people very likely have a lot of dirt on this clown, so he needs to be careful what / who he stirs. 

So Pheu Thai may regret bringing him on board but if he slings enough mud at the junta some of it may stick and the other parties may improve their odds. Either way it is an interesting strategy PT. Could be fun to watch.

13 minutes ago, chama said:

So Pheu Thai may regret bringing him on board but if he slings enough mud at the junta some of it may stick and the other parties may improve their odds. Either way it is an interesting strategy PT. Could be fun to watch.

You could well be right.

I wonder how much 'mud' he will sling. He's been around a long time and been involved in many nasty incidents, thuggery and violence and more and fled Thailand twice. Is he corrupt? How long is a long piece of string???

There are plenty of other ruthless big time thugs around and chalerm would well know that. Somehow I suspect he would be very careful who he upsets, partly because of the fear of plenty of folks spilling the beans on him.

Is he the only 'nasty' in Thai politics? Of course not, they come in every colour and under every banner. But that doesn't change chalerm's profile.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

On 12/7/2018 at 9:32 PM, scorecard said:

You could well be right.

I wonder how much 'mud' he will sling. He's been around a long time and been involved in many nasty incidents, thuggery and violence and more and fled Thailand twice. Is he corrupt? How long is a long piece of string???

There are plenty of other ruthless big time thugs around and chalerm would well know that. Somehow I suspect he would be very careful who he upsets, partly because of the fear of plenty of folks spilling the beans on him.

Is he the only 'nasty' in Thai politics? Of course not, they come in every colour and under every banner. But that doesn't change chalerm's profile.

Another point, chalerm is not a follower, he does what he wants, plenty of past examples of him shooting off his mouth without too much analysis. Plus several times he's lost his cool and seriously bad mouthed the police and more.

Can the paymaster keep him under control / keep him within some boundaries?

On 12/6/2018 at 9:19 AM, Eric Loh said:

Junta apologists do have such seething brains. The junta has make this election dirty and have intimidate all oppositions. In fact they done worst than intimidation. You don't bring a paper cutter to a gun fight. You fight dirty when you face with dirt. Seem simple to understand. Right? 

So dirty is good as long as its on your side.. no wonder you got funny idea's about democracy. Instead of coming out and condemning guys like him you defend them. I seen this behavior before of you. You fail to condemn both sides. 

Anyway nothing new. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 9:23 AM, yellowboat said:

Are all Redshirts terrorists ?   Is it good for a country to have a military police state ?  Has the junta governed well ?

No not all redshirts are terrorists, but there certainly are a bunch that are. Its the PTP their own lil terror squad. A police state is also not good, all sides are bad and it is not going to change.

The fight over the money will go on forever.

• Like 1