Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

This might be my first post on the Spurs thread, and I'm writing it to implore you not to think like little Manchester city.

Honestly forget about top 4 (not self interest as United probably won't get top 4) and put everything into the CL. This is your chance to make a mark in history. The reason you want top 4 is to get into the CL, so if you are already in the semis, go all out to win it!!

Sincerely hope if an English team wins it, it's you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RickG16 said:

This might be my first post on the Spurs thread, and I'm writing it to implore you not to think like little Manchester city.

Honestly forget about top 4 (not self interest as United probably won't get top 4) and put everything into the CL. This is your chance to make a mark in history. The reason you want top 4 is to get into the CL, so if you are already in the semis, go all out to win it!!

Sincerely hope if an English team wins it, it's you.

You should have stuck this on the Liverpool thread.

• Haha 1

Think the team picks itself tonight with our injuries and suspensions

4-2-3-1 should be most likely.

Hoping Sissoko is fit enough to start otherwise Dier will need to play.

Lloris

Trippier           Toby                       Vertonghen            Rose

Sissoko         Wanyama

Moura                           Eriksen                            Dele

Liorente

Subs: Gazzaniga, Foyth Sanchez, Dier, KWP, Skipp, ???

11 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Think the team picks itself tonight with our injuries and suspensions

4-2-3-1 should be most likely.

Hoping Sissoko is fit enough to start otherwise Dier will need to play.

Lloris

Trippier           Toby                       Vertonghen            Rose

Sissoko         Wanyama

Moura                           Eriksen                            Dele

Liorente

Subs: Gazzaniga, Foyth Sanchez, Dier, KWP, Skipp, ???

Yes just have to hope Trippier and Rose can find us some width....at their best they are both capable but we'll see.

6 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

^^^ what we really need is a whole lot of luck and for lucus to step up and deliver.. its time...

Ps.. i'm far from optimistic..

We're fortunate Sissoko is fit for this....big blow with Winks who I thought might be ready for the second leg.

Its going to be tough with our bench so thin but its a CL Semi Final and everyone has to stand up as part of the squad and deliver their best.

COYS!!!

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We're fortunate Sissoko is fit for this....big blow with Winks who I thought might be ready for the second leg.

Its going to be tough with our bench so thin but its a CL Semi Final and everyone has to stand up as part of the squad and deliver their best.

COYS!!!

SIssiko  on the bench   yep if theres a time to stand up and be counted   .. then its now ...  lets hope theyre tall enuf !!!    ????

Jeez the ripped the shit out of us... strangley losing verity could b  our saviour.. he did look sparko .. hope he's ok   this latter 'shape' looked like it at least stood a decent chance.. wasnt lookin 4 ward 2 the second half

.. now i am ...

And who on earth would have said early season sissoko could and probably will have   a HUGE say in our season???? but looks v like he could do.. and who said he could nt shoot .. that one really <deleted> ment business..   odds on him gettin the next? Would nt b a bad punt  4 someone.

game on

Oh and ali  needs a fyckin rocket up his arse...

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Without Kane and Son Spurs are pretty toothless. Twinkle toes Llorente can be a tough watch.

Son we'll have to be on his horse for the second leg.

Agree...Ajax will be disappointed not to have killed us off tonight but we'll have to step up hugely second leg.

Be interesting to see how their young squad cope with a slender lead vs our potential away goal.

Edited by RonniePickering22

12 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Agree...Ajax will be disappointed not to have killed us off tonight but we'll have to step up hugely second leg.

Be interesting to see how their young squad cope with a slender lead vs our potential away goal.

Poch had NOTHING on the bench to chase the game in the last ?? Mins davies  <deleted>!! not offerin it as an excuse but  we really are TOTALLY on our uppers  ive seen some bad injury situs but tbh this  atm is as bad as ive seen.. thank the fuc son is availiable 4 the next game  though i really dont think we've got enuf .. BUT  weve .. ive learnt   u never say never with a poch team ..

Edited by 3 minus 2

9 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Dele & Eriksen are two regular players who should have lead

by example and took the game by the scruff of the neck.

Instead, they were the two biggest let downs, absolutely shocking

performances from the pair.

Not for the first time these two go hiding when it really matters

they just don't do it on the big stage.

In his first season Dele was looking like world class potential,

the last two seasons he's gone in to his comfort zone and doesn't 

seem to know how to step up when it matters.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

dude the romance you purvey is long gone, attempting to sprinkle some SAF fairy dust on the Spurs ????

Ajax owned them, your team is piss, it's not 1999 fella ???????????????? 

Pipe down until you've actually achieved something in living memory. Our seasons could end up the same. The only difference will be that you qualify for a competition you are never going to win. 

24 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Pipe down until you've actually achieved something in living memory. Our seasons could end up the same. The only difference will be that you qualify for a competition you are never going to win. 

Eh?

Think they have won it more times than your lot.

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

As good a chance as anyone imho.

I've got Barca winning this, and next season we can expect to see the likes of Real and Bayern looking a lot stronger.