Should I be concerned ?

sanemax

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

YES!!! You should be very concerned. That is creepy and scary. I would definitely take a worst case scenario as being possible and serious. I would not leave those kids alone for a minute. Better better better safe than sorry. 

Good luck and be watchful.

You don't go around dishing out colouring crayons and photographing kids, do you? :whistling: 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

So you did not have a long term partner in the last year?

Just to confirm you are currently operating under sanemax handle. Hope your aware of this.

Well , I have been sort of Friends with the woman in question for two years or so , although gik is as far as I will go , in labeling the relationship  .

Now you are suggesting that I am multi handling , of course you will not back that up  , just another false accusation , another false accusation  which you cannot back up .

I did call you out on your previous false accusation which you have yet to reply to .

One false accusation after another and nothing to back them up with .

Prove your accusations or just bottle it and ignore them and move on to more false accusations 

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Go ahead I've read the thread from june/July just now and it's clear you gave up and fully expected fatalities. You were one of the muppets with no hope.

Hello Rc2702 ..... Let's cut the crap. Just repost from the cave thread where Sanemax had given up on the boys. No need for you two to keep arguing the point.

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

So you did not have a long term partner in the last year?

Just to confirm you are currently operating under sanemax handle. Hope your aware of this.

That is the problem, you think that I am multi handling and you are getting me mixed up with someone else .

This is my only profile on TV and I havent posted in any other name since I signed up over two years ago and you seem to be attributing other peoples posts to me , because you think that we are the same person .

Just to confirm, this is my one and only profile on TV

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That is the problem, you think that I am multi handling and you are getting me mixed up with someone else .

This is my only profile on TV and I havent posted in any other name since I signed up over two years ago and you seem to be attributing other peoples posts to me , because you think that we are the same person .

Just to confirm, this is my one and only profile on TV

Look it's a job and a half as the number of threads on that cave went wild and tv limits content of users to 6-7 pages only now.  I know how to find content it will just take some time but I know what I read and responded to. So by the end of the weekend I shall have the proof and I do think you are a "multi handler" as you put it but that's another topic.

Another possibility is that he is an e-beggar and going to use photos on Vlog or social media to show how much he loves helping the poor local population and everyone should help him.

This has come full circle in Philippines where government is actively prosecuting such individuals now - so some may be moving here.

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Look it's a job and a half as the number of threads on that cave went wild and tv limits content of users to 6-7 pages only now.  I know how to find content it will just take some time but I know what I read and responded to. So by the end of the weekend I shall have the proof and I do think you are a "multi handler" as you put it but that's another topic.

Go away with your make believe World , and get back on topic .

10 hours ago, kenk24 said:

YES!!! You should be very concerned. That is creepy and scary. I would definitely take a worst case scenario as being possible and serious. I would not leave those kids alone for a minute. Better better better safe than sorry. 

Good luck and be watchful.

I was even thinking that he could be part of a child abduction gang , many Children in Thailand go missing every year .

Abduct Children and sell them in China .

The Boy has Chinese heritage and it would be quite easy to cross the porous borders 

Take photos of kids , show them to clients and ask which one they want .

Grab the kid and then take it to China .

A bit far fetched , but these things do happen .

If he was an NGO from some charity wanting to show his "work" , he would have put himself in the photo .

If he was just some perv who wanted photos of fully clothed kids , he could just do a websearch .

I do now think that the "Merry Christmas , ho-ho-ho" bit was just a guise to make people think the gift was a Christmas present and nothing more sinister

Getting back on topic .

Yes I think you should be concerned, the fact that he drove away as you crossed the road is alarming.

Of course he could be a keen photographer looking for some locals to photograph but usually they wouldn’t bring presents and just snap away to get natural photos .
Did he have an expensive camera or just use his phone ?

As no one seems to know who this guy is I suggest you make all the family members aware, via the mother, that there is a possible danger to the boy and to keep an eye out.
I don’t see you can do much more .

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

was even thinking that he could be part of a child abduction gang

That was my first and only thought - - - it is not worth a 1% chance to be incorrect... doesn't even have to be a gang - just a solo operator. 

I cannot imagine a worse fate than having a kid abducted... take care...

35 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

That was my first and only thought - - - it is not worth a 1% chance to be incorrect... doesn't even have to be a gang - just a solo operator. 

I cannot imagine a worse fate than having a kid abducted... take care...

Although if his intentions were to abduct a child , he would have done it discreetly without contacting any adults .

If it was something along those lines , and as his sole intention seemed to be taking a photo , that would suggest he would be abducting at a later date on behalf of someone else .

I am not sure whether he left because I showed up , or he left because he got the photos and job done .

With hindsight , I should have stayed in the background a bit longer to see what he intended to do next

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Getting back on topic .
Yes I think you should be concerned, the fact that he drove away as you crossed the road is alarming.
Of course he could be a keen photographer looking for some locals to photograph but usually they wouldn’t bring presents and just snap away to get natural photos .
Did he have an expensive camera or just use his phone ?As no one seems to know who this guy is I suggest you make all the family members aware, via the mother, that there is a possible danger to the boy and to keep an eye out.
I don’t see you can do much more .

I dont recall which camera it was , but as he took it out and took photos quickly , it was probably a point and shoot camera or a phone camera .

On 12/12/2018 at 6:17 AM, marcusarelus said:

Of course you didn't ask the guy who he was?  Did he speak Thai to the children? 

Difficult to really say what we would do sat here at home. I think in fact pretty certain I would have gone over and asked him what he was doing, but how many times have we watched something then thought afterwards ‘I should have’ certainly happened to me.

On 12/12/2018 at 1:23 AM, fruitman said:

In the lonely planet they adviced to bring crayons and pens for the thai kids to give to them...in the past kids didn't have them so the backpackers gave it to them as present.

Maybe this guy also read that lonely planet?

I bring chiclets.

With chiclets and a Bic pen you can  get anything from a Thai..........

25 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

I bring chiclets.

With chiclets and a Bic pen you can  get anything from a Thai..........

Well maybe from the children upcountry but in BKK they would rather have a pen to write on their ipad screen.

My neighbour gave crayons to their daughters, they drew all over the wallpaper in the living room...she won't do that again.

10 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Well maybe from the children upcountry but in BKK they would rather have a pen to write on their ipad screen.

My neighbour gave crayons to their daughters, they drew all over the wallpaper in the living room...she won't do that again.

Sometimes you need to read the writing on the wall

Things happen fast. Hindsight is 20/20. Moving forward, educate the kids on the dangers of strangers.

I myself would immediately get a CCTV or two on that porch in obvious fashion with glowing red light, so if he returns it is obvious to him he is being filmed on arrival.

On 12/14/2018 at 2:00 PM, BritManToo said:

As far as I know there are no laws in any country to prevent a person taking photos in a public place (excluding Korea).

But refusing the gifts might have been a good idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photography_and_the_law

Don't want to go off topic, but before I came to live in Thailand, I was in Paris with a girlfriend, and started taking photos of the Eiffel Tower on a public walkway from about half a mile away, and was stopped by a lone French cop and told in English "no photos", I swore at him and told him where to go before taking my girls hand and walking away.

7 minutes ago, Been there done that said:

Reading all comments, i conclude that OP must stay away from little children as he is not able to look after them on a proper way.

Not the first but certainly not the last. 

I wasnt taking care of the kid at the time , I was across the road and others were taking care and responsibility , it was my intervention that stopped any possible irregularities from possibly occurring .

52 minutes ago, Been there done that said:

Reading all comments, i conclude that OP must stay away from little children as he is not able to look after them on a proper way.

Not the first but certainly not the last. 

I'm still not sure why everyone is painting this as his fault.  He wasn't the child's caretaker, merely a friend of the family who observed the interaction from afar.  What is he supposed to do, go charging up to everyone who speaks to the kid within his line of sight and demand to know who they are, how they know the kid, their intentions, driver's license proof of insurance proof of residence and business card plus mother's maiden name and three references?  I bet you're a blast to be around whenever there's a child within a ten-mile radius.

56 minutes ago, Katia said:

I'm still not sure why everyone is painting this as his fault.  He wasn't the child's caretaker, merely a friend of the family who observed the interaction from afar.  What is he supposed to do, go charging up to everyone who speaks to the kid within his line of sight and demand to know who they are, how they know the kid, their intentions, driver's license proof of insurance proof of residence and business card plus mother's maiden name and three references?  I bet you're a blast to be around whenever there's a child within a ten-mile radius.

Yes i am. Thank you for noticing it. You must be an empath.

Archived