Election results to be declared within hours of polls closing

snoop1130

22 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

I'm confused, only a few days ago it was announced results wouldn't be available until the end of April.

I'm even more confused as to if and when an official coronation will take place.

Can't proceed with anything until the esteemed event is concluded.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

I'm confused, only a few days ago it was announced results wouldn't be available until the end of April.

The end of April. 2 months after the election, is the deadline for the Election Commission to declare all of the results. Within that period, cases of cheating, fraud, miscounting, lost ballet boxes etc can be dealt with.

But these should be the anomalies. The vast majority of election results will be available within a few hours.

4 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

All about Thainess. 

Study it.

Learn it.

Comprehend it. 

...if you dare.

Can add 'Fight it' to the end of the list. It's a corrosive force that melts the brain. Just observe overseas Thais returning and how quickly they get lulled back into Thainess. Practitioners should be kept in a maximum security asylum to prevent the disease from spreading.

Good for holidays though. Just turn brain off at swampy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Yeah, real BS. Just shows that they will announce whatever rubbish they want with no monitors or checks.

Oh, as with all elections here, there will be a lot of 'monitors' involved.............................:wink:

• Haha 1

My idea of a fair election.

A public website whereby you log in with your I'd card. Place your votes and they are in view for everyone to see. No hidden voting allowed. 

Those needing help with the tech can go to polling stations to get help. 

I can't think of a fairer in the open system. 

As for those wanting anonymous voting...well there lies the problem. It's open to corruption 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bannork said:

The end of April. 2 months after the election, is the deadline for the Election Commission to declare all of the results. Within that period, cases of cheating, fraud, miscounting, lost ballet boxes etc can be dealt with.

But these should be the anomalies. The vast majority of election results will be available within a few hours.

First people were complaining that the results would be late and suggesting fraud, now when its fast they are again suggesting fraud. Sometimes I wonder if the posters here make as many U turns as Prayut himself. 

20 minutes ago, JAG said:

Oh I would suggest quite a lot of us:

study it,

learn it,

comprehend it.

I for one, and I suspect a number of what may be called "the usual suspects" on this forum don't regard it as "Thainess", but rather as a regime and philosophy (in a limited sense  of the word) imposed upon the Thai nation and people by a venal and grasping self centred group, who have used their wealth to engineer control of the country, and are now exploiting and consolidating that control to further increase their wealth at the expense of the country. 

If unchecked, it will ultimately only have one ending. That won't be what is conventionally regarded as "Thainess" either. This regime is destroying "Thainess".

would have to agree, however not really sure what the ultimate end is going to be -- this will depend on the coming generation/s, that's only if they can get their collective heads out of their mobile phones.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Election Commissioner Nath Laoseesawakool told reporters the votes will be counted immediately after polling stations close at 5pm, with unofficial results announced by 10pm at the latest.

I think Mr. Laoseesawakool is un kool and needs a new commission.

5 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

I think you could name the results today- we know what they will be.

Don't forget we have another general on the sidelines who has already stated he is prepared to stage another coup!

Double standards, bro.... 

Quote:- "UNOFFICIAL results will be announced by 10pm" (5 hours later) so when will the OFFICIAL results be announced? Okay for Bangkok but what about the many isolated rural constituencies spread across the vast area of hills and mountains in Northern Thailand.

3 hours ago, andux said:

They did something similar to that in Venezuela, in the early 2000s. And then most of the people who voted against Chavez's government were fired from their jobs and put on a black list ????

Now, who dare vote against the junta in Thailand, with name and ID... 

And, so the government who was fairly elected got to fire some people.  So what. What happened in subsequent elections? Were further elections kept open to the public.

Is the list of voting still available to the public? Can I view them?  I think you'll find it was not as I stated it should be, but I'm open to accept it that open elections happened if I'm shown the proof.

In this case,  the easily accessible election voting list, or as I like to refer to it,  the EAEVL