Throw Away Your Western Manliness!

Nyezhov

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

Now my 12 year old son is trained by my wife to iron his own school uniform. A small step forward, and a sign that my wife has come round to thinking it is not a bad thing men can look after themselves a little ????

I wipe my own butt. That should be enough. I am ready to take the plunge!

I envision myself with a Moses like beard, belly sticking out from a Toga, on a greek style platform with peristyles and curliques declaiming in an Eisensteinian way (like the speeches in Alexander Nevskii):

Wife! Where are you? Show yourself, in this country that believes unless ye do EVERYTHING for this useless Man ye shall be shunned! Here is my ATM card! My SinSot is ready, the laundry basket filled! I hunger for your food! I shall teach ye to make Sausage Rolls, Pasta di Vongole and burgers! I am weary, Makro is your battlefield! Kill ye the snake, the centipede, the dust bunny! I am ready to receive your attention! Hurry, now, O woman, ManU and Liverpool play tomorrow! Bring ye your younger sister while youre at it baby!

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I am ready to receive your attention! Hurry, now, O woman, ManU and Liverpool play tomorrow! Bring ye your younger sister while youre at it baby!

I kinda had you down as a football person for me it's hurry up StarTrek is on. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2018 at 2:00 PM, thaiguzzi said:

What!?

Not like the poster on another thread then, who can't stand the place, nor the people, and most importantly, no one can cook an egg here............ Not one Thai can fry an egg.................

Who could be this stupid.  Useless to try to contradict this bunch of bunk......but not one Thai can fry an egg????? Where the heck have you been living?  I don't think I know a Thai who CAN'T fry an egg.  Time to start watching the loonies at CNN in hopes I'll see a big explosion and the screen will go blank........you guys may be next.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, TGIR said:

Who could be this stupid.  Useless to try to contradict this bunch of bunk......but not one Thai can fry an egg????? Where the heck have you been living?  I don't think I know a Thai who CAN'T fry an egg.  Time to start watching the loonies at CNN in hopes I'll see a big explosion and the screen will go blank........you guys may be next.

Not me dude.

The person i was referring to in my post.

Do try and keep up.

Or read properly.

I remember being with a Thai GF and passing a welding shop one time. The wife was there with the money belt. She used the occurance to point out that in Thailand, the wife takes care of the money. I smiled politely and said, except she was with a farang....

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, Nyezhov said:

I dont have a lady so I have to cook, clean and do my laundry.

Well as to clean.... Just touch ups. And the cooking, well I have to unwrap gordian knots on the plastic bags from the Noodle Lady in front of the 7-11. Just laundry then. Don't think its worth it for me to get hooked up for the one hour savings per week.

So I guess its sleep, drink, excersize (horizontally or otherwise), take pics, edit pics, catch up on my reading and post.

Life is good. Insanity was wonderful last night. Great DJ, hot ladies. A lot of Japanese girls. One of the Coyote dancers asked me to buy her a drink, and I said, sure, how much for Short Time. She found a more compliant target.

I look forward to the next chapter. ????

• Like 2

On 12/15/2018 at 12:43 PM, BritManToo said:

I didn't come to Thailand to find a replacement mom, although I do see a lot of posters who seem to want exactly that.

I can cook, clean and deal with my own orders and purchases.

Sure, most of us can, but we also like to be 'mothered' once in a while - it breaks up the monotony  - like when a sweet young thing has your head in their lap and they are peeling grapes for you to eat, just try telling them the skins are the most nutritious, doesn't work.  As for 'N' Man's analogy??  Brilliant - but I pass on playing dumb in the markets, I do a good enough job of that for real, but at least I speak enough Thai so I can talk my way out of looking entirely stupid, and can extract a laugh along the way................in the ultimate wisdom of Brother Jimmy Buffet  "If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane"   

• Like 1

On 12/15/2018 at 2:00 PM, thaiguzzi said:

What!?

Not like the poster on another thread then, who can't stand the place, nor the people, and most importantly, no one can cook an egg here............ Not one Thai can fry an egg.................

I have to admit, it took me a month to teach my favorite breakfast place to cook my perfect Kai Dow  (See Luang My Suk, See Khao suk)    I can eat three eggs a day and never tire of them.

6 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I have to admit, it took me a month to teach my favorite breakfast place to cook my perfect Kai Dow  (See Luang My Suk, See Khao suk)    I can eat three eggs a day and never tire of them.

I just ask for "kai dow farang". Most places seem to know what that means.

5 hours ago, Spidey said:

I just ask for "kai dow farang". Most places seem to know what that means.

Just give a me fried egg, nobody in the world except for some hole in the walls in the USA know how to make a proper thin cheese omelet anyway. Except maybe in france

Edited by Nyezhov

15 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Just give a me fried egg, nobody in the world except for some hole in the walls in the USA know how to make a proper thin cheese omelet anyway. Except maybe in france

Top omelette is a Spanish omelette, tortilla. Dad was born in Spain and taught me how to make them. The trick is to make them rise like a soufflé. Sometimes make them here, in Thailand, the locals love them.

• Like 2

Anyone can bang an egg into a pan and think they're frying an egg. A well fried egg takes preparation, butter, correct temperature (not too [emoji91]), time, paying attention, love, and bacon in the pan for flavour. The cook also needs to inquire just how you like it - sunnyside up maybe, uncooked gooey on top perhaps, soft or hard?
This combination is not easy to find in Thailand, or indeed many other countries.

Sent from my H4133 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1