60 day single entry to convert

Hi all, 

I am flying to Thailand on a 60day single entry visa next week and  i would like to know if it possilbe to convert this to a visa type based on retirerment, i have the required money seasoned in Thailand allready and was hoping this would be possible without leaving to aquire it, thanks in advance for any help. P.s i from the U.K

Yes as long as you’ve at least 15 (maybe 21 at some offices) days left of your 60 day stay for tourism you can apply for a non immigrant visa giving you a 90 day stay. Then towards the end of the 90 days you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay.

52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a change of visa status to get a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry.

General requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80  (click Eng at the top of the page for english)

Hey Joe (what a great song) Im rolling to CW this week to convert my 90 days to a one year (my 90 days are up January 21)...is it the TM6 or the TM7 I need to fill out? Also, can I get a multiple rentry permit at the same time? I want to go on the 20th, thats no problem do you think?

41 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Hey Joe (what a great song) Im rolling to CW this week to convert my 90 days to a one year (my 90 days are up January 21)...is it the TM6 or the TM7 I need to fill out? Also, can I get a multiple rentry permit at the same time? I want to go on the 20th, thats no problem do you think?

You need a completed TM7 application form with a 4 X 6 photo attached. The TM6 is the arrival/departure card you completed on entry to the country.

No problem to apply on the 20th since CW immigration will do them up to 45 days early.

You can apply for a multiple re-entry permit after your extension of stay is stamped in your passport. You will need a copy of the the extension stamp page to submit with the TM8 application form.

Edit. Download, complete and print two sided these Fillable TM7 form.pdf and Fillable TM8 re-entry permit form.pdf forms.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You need a completed TM7 application form with a 4 X 6 photo attached. The TM6 is the arrival/departure card you completed on entry to the country.

No problem to apply on the 20th since CW immigration will do them up to 45 days early.

You can apply for a multiple re-entry permit after your extension of stay is stamped in your passport. You will need a copy of the the extension stamp page to submit with the TM8 application form.

Edit. Download, complete and print two sided these Fillable TM7 form.pdf and Fillable TM8 re-entry permit form.pdf forms.

Change your user name to Immigration God. ????

I wonder how they will handle my Income affidavit (I do not transfer 65,000 every month...becasue that would encourage me to spend it). Guess we will find out!