Suspenders

marcusarelus

Suspenders.  It is so comfortable.  No belt.  Nothing to bind my waist.  I hardly even know I'm wearing clothes. 

I know it looks silly.  I put on a pair of cotton shorts with a lightweight top from Uniqlo

• We've created a shirt that's lighter, 1.2 times more breathable, and faster-drying, for a "barely there" feel.
  • Microfibers create a feel so smooth you'll forget you're wearing it.
  • Lots of comfort features including quick-drying DRY technology plus self-deodorizing and anti-microbial/anti-odor properties.
  • Deep V-neck stays hidden, even with the top shirt button undone.
  • Neat, refreshing short sleeve design.

shorts.jpg

Edited by marcusarelus

22 minutes ago, allane said:

The heading jumped off the  page at me. Purely by coincidence, I was asked a day or two ago if I knew anywhere to buy suspenders in Bangkok. Any ideas ?

I bought mine ffom Ebay, but Lazada also sells them at a higher price. I have also seen them at the local markets here in Pattaya.

Edited by giddyup

22 minutes ago, allane said:

The heading jumped off the  page at me. Purely by coincidence, I was asked a day or two ago if I knew anywhere to buy suspenders in Bangkok. Any ideas ?

Which type, Brit or US?

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What's the difference?

You may need to look at posts #2 and #3 ????

These are also suspenders ????

411j6L9zmaL.jpg

Incidentally, that image came from Amazon for men's suspenders, those socks look a bit, er, suspect.

https://www.amazon.com/Mens-Suspenders-Garters-Green-striped/dp/B01LZ9E2LS

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

You may need to look at posts #2 and #3 ????

These are also suspenders ????

411j6L9zmaL.jpg

Incidentally, that image came from Amazon for men's suspenders, those socks look a bit, er, suspect.

https://www.amazon.com/Mens-Suspenders-Garters-Green-striped/dp/B01LZ9E2LS

I always thought of suspenders for men as the type that hold your pants up, I don't know anywhere except the US that has suspenders to hold your socks up, did they never introduce socks to elastic? In Australia we call pant suspenders "braces".

My ex. (blue eyed, blonde haired, dead-heat in a Zeppelin race, Essex girl) used to wear stockings and suspenders with her (real) school uniform, for that genuine St. Trinians look (image is sadly not my ex.).

pure-hell-of-st-trinians-1960-KGRT78.jpg

16 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Can you not just buy clothes that fit?

Phhhhhhttt...they dont even have my size here. I went to a custom tailor and he referred me to the tent maker down the road. Im the only man in the universe who wears elephant pants because he has to.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Phhhhhhttt...they dont even have my size here. I went to a custom tailor and he referred me to the tent maker down the road. Im the only man in the universe who wears elephant pants because he has to.

That may be so, but in this case, the necessity for suspenders suggests being built like an elephant is not the issue.

9 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

That may be so, but in this case, the necessity for suspenders suggests being built like an elephant is not the issue.

Sure is. When your ass has taken a hike to your belly, which dangles over your johnson like a engorged durian, so that you look like a beach ball on toothpics, and you measurment is 54 around your navel and 36 below, well than guess what, you will spend your days hiking up your pants because of that thing called gravity.

See how easy it is to tie a string around an orange.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Sure is. When your ass has taken a hike to your belly, which dangles over your johnson like a engorged durian, so that you look like a beach ball on toothpics, and you measurment is 54 around your navel and 36 below, well than guess what, you will spend your days hiking up your pants because of that thing called gravity.

See how easy it is to tie a string around an orange.

So true especially when you have a phablet, keys and a wallet full of money weighing down the string. 

10 minutes ago, Maybole said:

Is he talking about Gallusses

Gallus' comes from the earlier form 'gallows', which originates in 18th century Scotland, when the word was defined by the lexicographer Nathaniel Bailey as 'contrivances made of cloth, and hooks and eyes, worn over the shoulders by men to keep their breeches up'. A dialect version is spelt 'gallaces'. 'Gallows' had faded by the mid-19th century, giving way to 'gallus' (usually 'galluses') which survived until the mid-20th century.

Braces, Suspenders or Galluses, whatever you call, them they hold our trousers!

Sus.jpg

Edited by marcusarelus