Babies corpses stolen by graverobbers in Rayong for 'black magic'

rooster59

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed - Buddhists are cremated. These babies must have been of a different religious belief - for example Christian. The Chinese also bury their dead as can be witnessed at many Chinese cemeteries throughout Thailand.

Thai buddhist tradition dictates that a child which dies before their milk teeth have grown should not be cremated but instead buried, they could well have been Buddhist babies it would be nothing unusual, there was a certain Bangkok temple were caught with over 2000 dead Buddhist babies several years back.  If these guys knew what they were doing and truly believed in the superstition they are practicing, then they will have specifically targeted the remains of stillborn babies.

16 minutes ago, mick220675 said:

I live in a small village on the Cambodian border with a very superstitious population. The village has been plagued with ghost attacks leaving many seriously ill and some dead. Most blame black magic spells for the deaths and illness. .

Be careful...it's only a matter of time before someone in this village

comes up with the idea that this bad luck is the fault of a foreigner

and to turn the curse away they need to make amulets out of him.

????

2 hours ago, loong said:

None of the graves shown in the photo have been opened recently. Grasses don't grow overnight.

Very observant of you, I was thinking the same thing, the graves in the photo have been opened for quite sometime!

2 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

No, that is a Chinese grave designed to Feng Shui beliefs, Chinese do not cremate.

My wife is Chinese from Hong Kong.  I have attended the cremation of her Father, Mother and 2 Uncles.  With the land price in Hong Kong I can assure you almost everyone is cremated.

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

“Locals told police that they had heard someone reciting prayers in Khmer dialect shortly before the theft of the bodies was discovered”

sure... I believe that.

Probably speaking Kmai, from Surin. hear it a lot in Pattaya.

9 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Up here in the outback of issan I always call their Buddhism,voodoo.reminds me of the sequence in live and let die.apparently my stair case goes up the wrong way and is bad luck on the house.the mother in law said I need to knock them down.then when a woman gives birth she has to lay next to a open fire for a day and night.some really strange things go on up here.

IMG_2669.PNG

DUCK soup, as there’s a real deal ‘Quack’ sat in the stock. Puddled ! and the blind sheep follow like to the dance tune of the piped piper ! 

3 hours ago, wvavin said:

You just need to enact a law for a mandatory death sentence for stealing corpse and we shall see who is stealing again!

A meaningless, silly contribution to the discussion.  A more reasonable view may be that 'education' not annihilation is the likely best response. 

4 minutes ago, Naamblar2014 said:

my wife asked if I should be buried or cremated upon my death.  well obviously burial is not an option as foreigners cannot own land,  unless I can get a lease for eternity. 

hold grave hopes for that...

In Africa, people are killed for it. ...Altho, incidence negligible compared to just plain murder in robberies and so on. Not very unusual that it is suspected when white cats and black cats go missing.
Latest thing is people with albinism being targeted, SA and Uganda.

On some levels, Thailand reminds me alot of Cuba. In Cuba there is alot of Christianity, mixed in with Santeria, and other African tribal ideas and superstitions. Same here. Seems to be alot of tribal voodoo, mixed in with Buddhism, and even some Hindu concepts, and it is sometimes hard to tell where one ends, and the other begins. It is kind of a hodgepodge of beliefs. 

I consider superstition of be so beyond the pale, so beyond reason and common sense. But, that is just me. 

Regardless of your beliefs, something like this is just beyond comprehension. I do not care what your belief system is. Where is the dignity and respect for others? One of the worst things a parent has to endure is the death of their child. And then to have their body stolen for a voodoo ceremony? What can one say? 

On 12/23/2018 at 1:19 PM, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed - Buddhists are cremated. These babies must have been of a different religious belief - for example Christian. The Chinese also bury their dead as can be witnessed at many Chinese cemeteries throughout Thailand.

This is confusing.

If Buddhists are cremated, then why do the Chinese Buddhists 

bury their dead?

In the Christian faith, both cremation and burials take place.

On 12/23/2018 at 5:15 PM, futsukayoi said:

My wife is Chinese from Hong Kong.  I have attended the cremation of her Father, Mother and 2 Uncles.  With the land price in Hong Kong I can assure you almost everyone is cremated.

I meant Thai Chinese, I am aware than in many places in China the people have been forced to change their traditions, but they have not here.

Archived