Babies corpses stolen by graverobbers in Rayong for 'black magic'

rooster59

Babies corpses stolen by graverobbers in Rayong for 'black magic'

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUyMy83NjE5MDA2L25ld3MwMi5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

The bodies of ten babies have been stolen by graverobbers from a cemetery in Rayong.

Police believe the theft from the cemetery in Ban Chang is linked to black magic or occult beliefs.

Rescue workers were called to the cemetery on Saturday when locals reported that some graves had been forced open and that the infant bodies were missing.

Rescue workers said a total of 10 bodies had been stolen.

Locals told police that they had heard someone reciting prayers in Khmer dialect shortly before the theft of the bodies was discovered.

Police say those responsible may use the bodies to make baby amulets known as kuman tong, which are revered among believers of black magic.

On Saturday officers from Ban Chang police station and military personnel collected evidence from the cemetery as they continue to search for those responsible.

Police urged locals not to panic over what is shocking but believed to be isolated incident.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-23

Up here in the outback of issan I always call their Buddhism,voodoo.reminds me of the sequence in live and let die.apparently my stair case goes up the wrong way and is bad luck on the house.the mother in law said I need to knock them down.then when a woman gives birth she has to lay next to a open fire for a day and night.some really strange things go on up here.

IMG_2669.PNG

39 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Up here in the outback of issan I always call their Buddhism,voodoo.reminds me of the sequence in live and let die.apparently my stair case goes up the wrong way and is bad luck on the house.the mother in law said I need to knock them down.then when a woman gives birth she has to lay next to a open fire for a day and night.some really strange things go on up here.

IMG_2669.PNG

A lot of distorted Buddhist belief mixed with the animism that predates it. Marvellous that the mumbo-jumbo has lasted so long. 

Surprisingly in  the US the evangelical are busy reinventing it. 

56 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

A lot of Issan people live and work in Rayong.

1 hour ago, happy chappie said:

IMG_2669.PNG

Some carrots, onions, potatoes and chicken stock you would have some tasty stew.

IMG_2669.thumb.PNG.8448fe5f7492973d6de047000650c61b.PNG
Spot on, I was informed that if a deposit of 15,000 baht didn't appear in my wife's account every month, a strange and mysterious entity would tamper with the brakes on my motorbike.

Sent from my ARE-AL00 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, marko kok prong said:

I have said in many post's before and as another poster said before me,Thai buddhism is largely animism with a veneer of Buddhism over the top.

And rightfully so. A for everyone in everyday life, indigenous. B at its purest for those seeking the Deliverance (Liberation), imported. 

58 minutes ago, owenm said:

How many burials are there in Thailand? I was of the impression that most were cremated..

Yes indeed - Buddhists are cremated. These babies must have been of a different religious belief - for example Christian. The Chinese also bury their dead as can be witnessed at many Chinese cemeteries throughout Thailand.

4 hours ago, happy chappie said:

IMG_2669.PNG

McTemple- lovin' it! You want fries with it? Large, medium, or small?

primitive%202_zpsowosudh1.png

4 hours ago, happy chappie said:

IMG_2669.PNG

..what's the aim here..5 baht a piece of wood..see if you can land it on the fie without splashing the big carrot.

2 hours ago, loong said:

None of the graves shown in the photo have been opened recently. Grasses don't grow overnight.

Maybe because the photo shown has nothing to do with the story, and was never intended to do so by the article’s author/s. 

5 hours ago, happy chappie said:

IMG_2669.PNG

Get out before you become am amulet ????

I live in a small village on the Cambodian border with a very superstitious population. The village has been plagued with ghost attacks leaving many seriously ill and some dead. Most blame black magic spells for the deaths and illness. 

I have been to 3 Buddhist burials, and latter when the deceased were dug up and burnt after years of been in the ground. My understanding if the deceased had a violent death they may be buried first and at a latter date cremated.

I remember reading years ago Thailand burred thousands of children who had no family and then died as cremations are expensive, this may be the reason so many children were buried in on place.

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed - Buddhists are cremated. These babies must have been of a different religious belief - for example Christian. The Chinese also bury their dead as can be witnessed at many Chinese cemeteries throughout Thailand.

And some people get easily confused when you point that out. ????????

Archived