How to Transfer Yellow Tabiyan Baan to New House

I have a Non-O Retirement Visa - 8 successful renewals from Chaeng Wattana, BKK.

I also hold a yellow tabiyan baan based on my residence at my Thai partner's town house in BKK.

She is selling that town house and when that is done, will transfer residence from BKK to Rayong.

What is the procedure for transferring or replacing my yellow tabiyan baan, and which forms/documents are required.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Meaning that the entire process is done over again de novo?  When you get a new passport, the visas in the old one are "ported over" to the new one.  It's not a simple affair to get the yellow tabiyan baan - I was hoping that the one I've got, and have had for some years, will simplify the process.  Anyone who has actually done this same thing in Rayong?

The yellow house book belongs to the house, not to you. When you move out you go to the amphoe and get your name removed from it. Maybe they keep the yellow house book because it's "empty" then, in case they give it back to you you should give it to the buyer of the house, because that's where it belongs.

When you move to the house in Rayong you (the owner) has to get a yellow house book for the house there and then your name can be registered in it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jackdd said:

The yellow house book belongs to the house, not to you. When you move out you go to the amphoe and get your name removed from it. Maybe they keep the yellow house book because it's "empty" then, in case they give it back to you you should give it to the buyer of the house, because that's where it belongs.

When you move to the house in Rayong you (the owner) has to get a yellow house book for the house there and then your name can be registered in it.

They don't keep the yellow book. It's important that you get a form from the khet in Bangkok to give to the amphur in Rayong along with the old yellow book.

I still have my old yellow books.

For getting a blue book this isn't necessary, but for a yellow one it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Khon Baan Nok said:

Meaning that the entire process is done over again de novo

Although I am not speaking from experience with moving, I am hopeful that it won't be the "entire process" because the difficult part has been done already.

Difficult part:

translating your name [passport translation, birth certificate etc.], creating your data in the citizen database, assigning a citizen ID no.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thanks for the replies.  Let me be more specific:

When I got the original tabiyan baan in Bangkok, I had to get a notarized copy of my passport from my embassy (US);

I then had to go through a procedure at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Chaeng Wattana that included an official translation of my name into Thai.

When all that was done, I had to fill out forms and be interviewed at the ampheur of my Khet in Bangkok, which eventually issued the yellow tabiayan baan.

The existing yellow tabiyan baan has the number of the house, which is the same for my tabiyan baan (yellow) and my Thai partner's (blue).  She is the owner of record of the property.

It also has (page 2) my "citizen" number (เลขประจำตัวประชาชน), which has a different format than a Thai number for easy identification.  It includes the Thai spelling of my name derived from the official translation document given to me at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Will I have to go through all those steps again?  And does my "citizen" number stay the same, as a Thai citizen's would, or will it also change?

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Khon Baan Nok said:

Thanks for the replies.  Let me be more specific:

When I got the original tabiyan baan in Bangkok, I had to get a notarized copy of my passport from my embassy (US);

I then had to go through a procedure at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Chaeng Wattana that included an official translation of my name into Thai.

When all that was done, I had to fill out forms and be interviewed at the ampheur of my Khet in Bangkok, which eventually issued the yellow tabiayan baan.

The existing yellow tabiyan baan has the number of the house, which is the same for my tabiyan baan (yellow) and my Thai partner's (blue).  She is the owner of record of the property.

It also has (page 2) my "citizen" number (เลขประจำตัวประชาชน), which has a different format than a Thai number for easy identification.  It includes the Thai spelling of my name derived from the official translation document given to me at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Will I have to go through all those steps again?  And does my "citizen" number stay the same, as a Thai citizen's would, or will it also change?

Thanks in advance.

The important thing is to get a letter from the first place to give to the second place, then it's easy. 

I think you are getting confused about the 

เลขประจำตัวประชาชน

This is a non-Thai identity number, you are not a Thai citizen. This number stays the same.

My yellow book is actually for a house I've never been to, and I've had one for 3 different places.

20 hours ago, allane said:

You don't transfer it, you get a new one, after she has obtained her blue tabien baan for the new home.

A Tabien Baan book is not a personal document specific to you.

It's purpose is to be an official on-going record of who lives at a specific address, hence the book 'belongs' to that address rather than being an address record just about you or personally belonging to you.

Further every address has (should have / can easily get) a tabien baan book. When you leave that address there is a responsibility to remove your name from the book for the address you are departing and a responsibility to get your name added to the tabien baan book belonging to your new address.

Removing your name from the tabien baan book of old address and adding your name for the book for the new address is not difficult.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Khon Baan Nok said:

You should not have to do all that again. It was mostly needed to the get the ID number assigned to you which is not a citizen number. The 6 it starts with designates you are in the following status here.

6 Minority or Foreign nationals who are living in Thailand temporarily and illegal migrants.

Your number will not be changed.

When you cancel your current yellow book they will give you a form you will take to the new Khet/Amphoe for where you are moving to. If you move within the same district they would issue the new one when you cancel the existing one.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You should not have to do all that again. It was mostly needed to the get the ID number assigned to you which is not a citizen number. The 6 it starts with designates you are in the following status here.

6 Minority or Foreign nationals who are living in Thailand temporarily and illegal migrants.

Your number will not be changed.

When you cancel your current yellow book they will give you a form you will take to the new Khet/Amphoe for where you are moving to. If you move within the same district they would issue the new one when you cancel the existing one.

The above is true. I have moved several times and only took my certificate from the old amphur to the new one. One tip, when you get your yellow book, at the same time get a pink ID card. You get it almost for free, but can only be made after 3 p.m.