Warning

worzel

just a warning to all ladies to be careful a work mate of my thai wife was kicked of her motor bike and raped in bophut last night ,according to the police this is the third time this has hapened in recent months. dont want to cause panic just want people to be aware :o

just a warning to all ladies to be careful a work mate of my thai wife was kicked of her motor bike and raped in bophut last night ,according to the police this is the third time this has hapened in recent months. dont want to cause panic just want people to be aware :o

Ya, I know a lady who was headed home after her shift at a restaurant around 1 a.m. a month or two ago and was kicked off her bike NOT FAR FROM THE POLICE BOX on the ring road near the Fisherman's Village turn-off. Apparently it was a group of about 8 young Thais including a female or two. This girl was, luckily able to get back on her bike and race to nearby business where she knew the owner and staff. So aside from some nasty scrapes on her leg, side and arm she escaped unscathed. She said it was "clear" what they were going to do if she had not gotten away.

Samui can, indeed, be a very very dangerous place and not just for the foolhearty.

Ya, I know a lady who was headed home after her shift at a restaurant around 1 a.m. a month or two ago and was kicked off her bike NOT FAR FROM THE POLICE BOX on the ring road near the Fisherman's Village turn-off. Apparently it was a group of about 8 young Thais including a female or two. This girl was, luckily able to get back on her bike and race to nearby business where she knew the owner and staff. So aside from some nasty scrapes on her leg, side and arm she escaped unscathed. She said it was "clear" what they were going to do if she had not gotten away.

Samui can, indeed, be a very very dangerous place and not just for the foolhearty.

More of the "other" side of paradise, but the youth grow up on a island where the farang women on Chaweng Beach usually have skimpy g-strings and tops, or none of the mentioned, yet they want to be "with it". Problem is they become mad at seeing all the flash money the jet set are "throwing" away on a good time, hence they take revenge on females that can't protect themselves. Motto: SWF's, think before going out late on Samui, aswell as other places.

This is a well bad story,i hope the girl was brave enough to give police a dna sample,im sure she would recognise these a..eholes,and could lead the police to them if seen again!....beware girlys...travel in at least pairs at night!

More of the "other" side of paradise, but the youth grow up on a island where the farang women on Chaweng Beach usually have skimpy g-strings and tops, or none of the mentioned, yet they want to be "with it". Problem is they become mad at seeing all the flash money the jet set are "throwing" away on a good time, hence they take revenge on females that can't protect themselves. Motto: SWF's, think before going out late on Samui, aswell as other places.

The girl I was talking about is Thai not a SWF and I bet the one Worzel is talking about is a Thai too.

The girl I was talking about is Thai not a SWF and I bet the one Worzel is talking about is a Thai too.

I will then say ALL women, instead of SWF. This I can better understand, since if it was a falang women, it would give a higher the rapists more time, because of tourism!

:o

I will then say ALL women, instead of SWF. This I can better understand, since if it was a falang women, it would give a higher the rapists more time, because of tourism!

SamuiJens, you are completely off the wall here, I suggest you research the psychology of rape a bit before deciding that skimpy clothes have anything to do with it. Rape is not about sex, it is about power and control and rapists aren't men who are sexually excited but men who enjoy degrading and demeaning other human beings. Rapists will rape a 70 year old woman, or a 17 year old.

Read my lips: Rape is not about sex.

Next time, think before posting such opinions

SamuiJens, you are completely off the wall here, I suggest you research the psychology of rape a bit before deciding that skimpy clothes have anything to do with it. Rape is not about sex, it is about power and control and rapists aren't men who are sexually excited but men who enjoy degrading and demeaning other human beings. Rapists will rape a 70 year old woman, or a 17 year old.

Next time, think before posting such opinions

What utter rubbish...

I do hope you aren't telling me I am posting utter rubbish?

your statement is subjective and not fact.. it's just your opinion and this is an open forum so tell me why you think as you do..

Perhaps you haven't ever studied the subject? Perhaps you don't even know what you are talking about? It is a generally accepted principle in psychology and it is a common misconception of men to commonly blame the victim for others behavior.

I am not here to educate you, you need to educate yourself. Try doing a little research before posting such uninformed opinions.

your statement is subjective and not fact.. it's just your opinion and this is an open forum so tell me why you think as you do..

Perhaps you haven't ever studied the subject? Perhaps you don't even know what you are talking about? It is a generally accepted principle in psychology and it is a common misconception of men to commonly blame the victim for others behavior.

I am not here to educate you, you need to educate yourself. Try doing a little research before posting such uninformed opinions.

sorry, but to say, quote : 'rape is not about sex' is about as uneducated and simplistic a statement could be.. and actually borders on the ridiculous...

perhaps i have studied the subject and perhaps i do know what i'm talking about. (he say's carefull not to upset a trigger happy mod)

sorry, but to say, quote : 'rape is not about sex' is about as uneducated and simplistic a statement could be.. and actually borders on the ridiculous...

perhaps i have studied the subject and perhaps i do know what i'm talking about. (he say's carefull not to upset a trigger happy mod)

Well do tell us more.I was always believed that it was more about power than sex? I suppose there must be a bit of both,but I really don't know.

................................................................................

Not as simple as that, There was a program on tv a while ago that had questioned 3.000 males from diferent backgrounds and asked them.

If it was 100% garenteed that you could rape a woman of your choice and get away with it would you ? The reply's were astonishing, it was high, about 87% I think it was said yes.

I wonder if those 87% would like to answer another question regarding their desire to rape a scantily clad woman on the beach or a fully clothed one !

A while ago I watched a live show at the Coliseum in Bangkok which regularly features dance routines interspersed with comedy sketches compered by a master of ceremonies who certainly knew how to work the audience, mostly Thai of all ages but with the odd farang. All great fun but subtlety was not the name of the game. In truth, ignorance of the Thai language was no bar to comprehension since the humour was broad verging on the pantomime.

One routine stood out , however. The central figure, a hapless katoey, flirts with the lads but his lack of grace and clumsily executed femininity reduces him quickly to a figure of fun and the butt of numerous jokes. Eventually, the male dancers in the sketch, spurred on by the katoey's comments about their lack of virility, took it in turns to rape him. There ensued a series of crudely choreographed scenes of bumping and grinding to the accompaniment of drum rolls and lascivious comments by the compere. The audience evidently lapped it up and showed their appreciation by bestowing 100 bt notes upon the key performers but my guests, two mature policewomen from the UK, didn't know how to react beyond gazing in open mouthed astonishment at what anyone would consider as a bizarre display of appalling bad taste. But the point was not lost on them, it wasn't the show itself but the reaction of the audience to it which was the most telling and provided an insight into the Thai psyche they had not previously understood.

Rape is a complex phenomenon which cannot be neatly labelled although the post feminist school of thought, that it is simply a power trip, would have us believe otherwise.

I am no expert but it strikes me that in Thailand there is a disconnection with victims that is peculiarily oriental, a callousness suggesting perhaps an inability to display any real empathy. Quite why this should be I cannot explain but rape in Thailand is commonplace and gang rape in the cities is almost a rite of passage for a significant social group both for perpetrators and victims.

Rape is a power trip- it must hook into sex but that's not the primary thing (otherwise normal sex would be enough for the deviant criminal rapists). In any case, I don't think there's any excuse at all for someone who is theoretically sane and responsible to rape another human being. The responsibility for the crime lies entirely with the rapist.

"Steven"

I am now closing this thread. The OP posted a warning to the ladies to take care. Since that time it has degenerated into a discussion about what constitutes rape. This is :o and is sufficient reason to close the thread anyway.

As one who experienced it as a child, rape is violence, pure and simple. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a fool, a dangerous fool and if I find anybody expousing such an attitude on Thaivisa I will ensure the posts are removed and posting rights revoked - for ever.