2 q's about 800,000 baht for retirement visa extension

3 hours ago, LucysDad said:

Which immigration office was that ?

No 800k in the bank ?

Just copies of bank statements ?

THEY? started using the income letter.......... why would you have obtained one if immigration were just accepting bank statements ?

I don't think so.... this doesn't stack up.

Suan Phlu office before they moved to Chaeng Wattana

Nothing in bank at that time but pensions deposits sufficient to cover 65000

Copies of bank statements - yes

Did not know about any notarized letter at that time

Just as easy and less confusing to IMM with the letter - I forget what year I started using that letter

7 hours ago, JackThompson said:

According to the US Consul, who saw the approved-draft of the new Police Order on this issue, the money must be deposited into a Thai Bank to qualify.

At least some portion of that 65K would be used to live on, so only a portion could be sent back.  As well, as the rule is "income" - folks will have to be able to pay bills out of their income, some of which will be in their passport-country.

As to likelihood of folks doing the round-robin, consider that the rule seems to require monthly-xferrs (vs quarterly, etc) with fees going both directions on those, plus the trouble.  Immigration's calculus may be that their preferred agent-applications will be easier for most, and likely not much more than the xfer-fees for a year, so they will have accomplished their goal.

Can you please verify the consul's comment?  Posted somewhere or Hearsay?

And also wondering if the combination of deposits (if less than the required amount) plus money in an account for at least three months totaling minimum requirements is still valid. 

Edited by snooky
adds

38 minutes ago, snooky said:

And also wondering if the combination of deposits (if less than the required amount) plus money in an account for at least three months totaling minimum requirements is still valid. 

In the interview, he states that the "combo method" is going to be preserved.

1 hour ago, snooky said:

Suan Phlu office before they moved to Chaeng Wattana

Nothing in bank at that time but pensions deposits sufficient to cover 65000

Copies of bank statements - yes

Did not know about any notarized letter at that time

Just as easy and less confusing to IMM with the letter - I forget what year I started using that letter

Thank you for clarifying.

My point is that immigration rules state money in the bank OR an embassy letter; there was no option to show monthly income via bank statements.

5 hours ago, Olmate said:

Yes posted November, nothing new

Most of this information and charges become current from 01/01/2019.  99% of contributors to this site would not have seen this information.  I would think it would about the 1st time in history that a JP or CD could influence what a person can attest to in a Statutory declaration.  They are only there to witness that you signed the document.  If Thai immigration will no longer accept your sworne declaration well that is their business.  For a long time now Stat Dec's to Thai immigration have often contained blatant BS.  Looks like too many people killed the goose that laid the golden egg.  It appears up to now that only those people who do not have the required funds are the ones requesting these false declarations.  

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

In the interview, he states that the "combo method" is going to be preserved.

If you apply for your Retirement Visa in Australia at the Thai Embassy and you use the combo method as I could.  To qualify you will need the Australian Aged Pension (AAP) of about Bt47,000 P/M and the rest Bt18,000, you will need to provide a record of payments which you can get from your retirement fund.  If you show that you are getting this money for an extended time all will be OK, like a year or 2,  2 years is better.  If you have only been getting the payment once well that will raise alarm bells.

You know it is quite possible and legal for an Aussie to start a retirement fund with a large reputable retirement fund and put say put Aus $4000 or more and request that the fund pay you equal to Bt18000 P/M until it runs out.  I believe all will do it. The Bt47,000 plus Bt18,000 adds up to Bt65,000 per month surprise surprise!  You should be able to do the same if applying in Thailand.  Nothing illegal with this.

Edited by David Walden

20 minutes ago, David Walden said:

Most of this information and charges become current from 01/01/2019.  99% of contributors to this site would not have seen this information.  I would think it would about the 1st time in history that a JP or CD could influence what a person can attest to in a Statutory declaration.  They are only there to witness that you signed the document.  If Thai immigration will no longer accept your sworne declaration well that is their business.  For a long time now Stat Dec's to Thai immigration have often contained blatant BS.  Looks like too many people killed the goose that laid the golden egg.  It appears up to now that only those people who do not have the required funds are the ones requesting these false declarations.  

It appears, if you have read the various threads about the many differing scenarios from people using the former letter, you don’t have a clue.Suggest you get  up to speed before posting. The information and your typical response are old news, as was your post earlier today about new info on the Oz embassy website.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Olmate said:

It appears, if you have read the various threads about the many differing scenarios from people using the former letter, you don’t have a clue.Suggest you get  up to speed before posting. The information and your typical response are old news, as was your post earlier today about new info on the Oz embassy website.

Get a life pal.  I repeat only people who don't have the money are the ones bending the rules...the rules are complicated but been around for years and have not changed...my efforts here are to help stimulate comments and share information with others.

5 minutes ago, David Walden said:

Get a life pal.  I repeat only people who don't have the money are the ones bending the rules...the rules are complicated but been around for years and have not changed...my efforts here are to help stimulate comments and share information with others.

So make sure the info apparently only your aware of is correct would be the first priority pal. Your bending the rules observation is merely that and is about as accurate as your the 99% of members unaware of the changes,that puts you in the 1% ? Next try not to pass off your mistakes as stimulating comment and sharing info, too many here know what BS is

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, David Walden said:

If you apply for your Retirement Visa in Australia at the Thai Embassy and … //

Why do you bring - again - Australia in this thread ? :ermm:

This thread is about Retirement Extension,

something you cannot get abroad,

but only in an Immigration Office in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

So make sure the info apparently only your aware of is correct would be the first priority pal. Your bending the rules observation is merely that and is about as accurate as your the 99% of members unaware of the changes,that puts you in the 1% ? Next try not to pass off your mistakes as stimulating comment and sharing info, too many here know what BS is

Everything I write on this website is a result of my own personal experience.  That is it is first hand experiences.  It may be that new requirements have been announced in November which I have been aware of but they will not begin to be introduced until 01/01/2019 and afterward for all the legations in Thailand.  You simply appear to be pedantic in all your comments.  Why don't make some useful inputs instead of looking around to find something to complain about?

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Why do you bring - again - Australia in this thread ? :ermm:

This thread is about Retirement Extension,

something you cannot get abroad,

but only in an Immigration Office in Thailand.

You can get a Retirement Visa extension in Thailand for a retirement visa you obtain in Australia, the extension is only issued in Thailand.  I would think that is relevant to Retirement visa discussions on this site.  Most people do not know you can get a O-A  M retirement visa in your home country as long as you have the Bt800.000 or the Bt65,000 p/m or use a Surrender value of your retirement fund as long as it is more than Bt800.000.  This way you don't have to have any money in Thailand.  I just thought that information might be useful to people contemplating living long-term retirement in Thailand.  It is useless information for people who do not have the Bt800.000.

On 1/1/2019 at 11:14 PM, David Walden said:

You can get a Retirement Visa extension in Thailand for a retirement visa you obtain in Australia, the extension is only issued in Thailand.  I would think that is relevant to Retirement visa discussions on this site.  Most people do not know you can get a O-A  M retirement visa in your home country as long as you have the Bt800.000 or the Bt65,000 p/m or use a Surrender value of your retirement fund as long as it is more than Bt800.000.  This way you don't have to have any money in Thailand.  I just thought that information might be useful to people contemplating living long-term retirement in Thailand.  It is useless information for people who do not have the Bt800.000.

Further to this post of mine, it appears that with the requirements to obtain a retirement visa either in Australia or most other countries the combination method or combo method will be preserved.  For Australians, this would mean if applying in Thailand or Australia or any country you would need about Bt45,000 P/M as is AAP = Bt500.000 P/A (Australian Aged Pension living in Thailand) plus another Bt300,000 for 3 months in a Thai bank account to qualify.  Very little discussion has ever appeared on websites regarding this quite attractive other available legal method of getting a retirement visa.  It may well be a very useful procedure for some of my friends Aussies and others who are expecting to return to their home country because they don't have the Bt800,000 which too hard for them.  Bt300,000 in a Thai bank should be well do-able and legal even if the money is borrowed for 3 months only...yes, things are looking better?  I might get into the money lending business in Thailand and pigs might fly.

Edited by David Walden

6 minutes ago, David Walden said:

For Australians, this would mean if applying in Thailand or Australia or any country you would need about Bt45,000 P/M as is AAP = Bt500.000 P/A (Australian Aged Pension living in Thailand) plus another Bt300,000 for 3 months in a Thai bank account to qualify. 

I'm getting confused (age probably or too much red wine) but as I understand it the Thai Immigration still need a letter from The Oz embassy to verify your pension amount but they have stopped issuing that letter, so as I see it this method won't work.....??

22 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I'm getting confused (age probably or too much red wine) but as I understand it the Thai Immigration still need a letter from The Oz embassy to verify your pension amount but they have stopped issuing that letter, so as I see it this method won't work.....??

Oz OAP is less than 40k per month now, not 45.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, xylophone said:

Still early days Thailand has not yet released any details for any new procedures for getting a Retirement visa., coming soon?  There appears to be no new procedures yet.  It has been a long time an option that you can declare the value of any pension you get and put into a Thai bank a/c a balance where the 2/3/4 amounts add up to Bt800,000. The same I am told does apply in Australia if you are getting your visa there.  It would seem you will not need the letter or stat dec signed at the Aus US or UK Embassy you would need to be able to prove to Thai Immigration for Australians and others that you have a AAP of Bt500,000 and you put Bt300,000 either in a Aus bank a/c or a Thailand bank a/c.  Wait and see but I would hope that this will satisfy Thai Immigration...TIT.  This option has been available for 18 years very few people have used it and it's finished up in the too hard basket but it may turn out to be the best option.  If you're a pensioner getting Bt500,000P/Y pension like the AAP or others and you haven't the Bt300,000 and you can't beg steal or borrow it well that's tough...sorry.

2 hours ago, David Walden said:

Still early days Thailand has not yet released any details for any new procedures for getting a Retirement visa., coming soon?  There appears to be no new procedures yet.  It has been a long time an option that you can declare the value of any pension you get and put into a Thai bank a/c a balance where the 2/3/4 amounts add up to Bt800,000. The same I am told does apply in Australia if you are getting your visa there.  It would seem you will not need the letter or stat dec signed at the Aus US or UK Embassy you would need to be able to prove to Thai Immigration for Australians and others that you have a AAP of Bt500,000 and you put Bt300,000 either in a Aus bank a/c or a Thailand bank a/c.  Wait and see but I would hope that this will satisfy Thai Immigration...TIT.  This option has been available for 18 years very few people have used it and it's finished up in the too hard basket but it may turn out to be the best option.  If you're a pensioner getting Bt500,000P/Y pension like the AAP or others and you haven't the Bt300,000 and you can't beg steal or borrow it well that's tough...sorry.

The issue is not getting the visa,it’s the permission to stay extension that’s the sticking point,so while awaiting for clarity it’s off to the agent to beg borrow or steal! . Thats been the grand plan from TI all along anyway.

You cannot have money in Au bank to apply here,don,t know why you say that. Yes it is possible to go back and redo visa and the best option if your able ,many cannot due to family ,travel difficulties and cost involved.Now the medical  insurance that may be required for such new visa,s obtained at home Embassy is the next hurdle. Add to the mix if the Oz dollar continues to slide it’s becoming more impractical to move money here,your fixed pension is falling in baht there are so many reasons for you to feel sorry...not just that’s tough.

7 hours ago, Olmate said:

Oz OAP is less than 40k per month now, not 45.

I expect you are forgetting that there are mostly 31 days in a month sometimes only 30 day and Feb only 28.

If you live in Australia and received no reductions your yearly Australian Aged Pension (AAP) will be for 365 days will be Aus $23,862.40 that amounts to Aus$65.38 per day with no rent assistance for a single person. At Bt23 to the Aus $= Bt548,007 a year. Used to be Bt600,000+.

After moving to Thailand after 6 weeks your Australian pension will be reduced to Aus $22,308 which amounts to Aus $60.86 per day or Bt23 to Aus dollar =Bt513,084 for a year no rent assistance is available when you live outside Aus. This means for a 31 day month= Bt42,757 for 30 days=Bt41993 per month and a 28 day month Bt39228.00 or$513.084 per year with 6 monthly reviews.  I think you have overlooked that Centrelink payments in Thailand are made every 4 weeks but there are 13  four (4) weekly periods in a year.  Yes, it has dropped down 2 or 3 bt in the last month.  Sorry about that.  

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

The issue is not getting the visa,it’s the permission to stay extension that’s the sticking point,so while awaiting for clarity it’s off to the agent to beg borrow or steal! . Thats been the grand plan from TI all along anyway.

You cannot have money in Au bank to apply here,don,t know why you say that. Yes it is possible to go back and redo visa and the best option if your able ,many cannot due to family ,travel difficulties and cost involved.Now the medical  insurance that may be required for such new visa,s obtained at home Embassy is the next hurdle. Add to the mix if the Oz dollar continues to slide it’s becoming more impractical to move money here,your fixed pension is falling in baht there are so many reasons for you to feel sorry...not just that’s tough.

I never said you can apply for a Thai visa in Thailand using money in Australia or your home country.  I tried it did not work. Aus Embassy said it would work but it was not to be. You can use money in a home country bank account to apply for a visa in your home country (Australia and others).  Either in a bank account, an Australian pension +Bt20,000 or so = to Bt 65,000  or a Australian retirement fund with a current surrender value= to Bt800.000 as I have done.  When you finish the required process you will receive an O-A   M.  Being multi-entry retirement visa the price is Aus $275 plus the cost of a police report and a medical.  You apply at the Thai Embassy in Canberra or your home country. 

Anytime in the first 12 months, you can come and go as many times as you like to Thailand. If you depart and return, each time you return your permission to stay will be extended for 12 months.  If you leave and return to Thailand after 364 days on your visa your passport will be stamped to allow you to stay in Thailand for another 364 days.  Altogether that 1 year O-A  M visa will allow you to be in retirement for almost 2 years in Thailand with as many trips as you like home only in the first year.  I do it that way, my last arrival after several trips back to Aus was on the 28th Aus 2018 it was almost 12 months old then.  My passport was stamped without me even requesting it till 27 Aug 2019.  If I leave during the extension period my visa and extension conclude and I have to start all over again  Aus $275 +police report +medical etc.  Not so bad once you have done it once.

Edited by David Walden

Thanks for all this David, I am still just a bit confused and perhaps you can help?  In the Canadian Thai Consulate Website where I have received 60 day tourist visas in the past and plan to apply for a one year O-A visa, multiple entries. It maintains that any time you wish to leave within your first year,  you are "required to apply at the Immigration office for re-entry permit (single or multiple) before departure." Did you have to do that too? and that if you want to extend your O-A an extra year that you have to have the $800000 in a Thai bank? Not just on deposit in your home country. It seems you got a one year extension each time you returned. (presumably the IO did not request documented finances and just stamped your passport with an extra year) Have you gotten the extension without any money physically in a Thailand bank? In the extension year can you confirm that if you leave Thailand your O-A is no longer valid? When I tried to open an account in Thailand on my 60 day tourist visa, I was denied at two banks. Is it different when you are there on an O-A visa? Thanks so much for any clarification from anyone. 

2 hours ago, JDMCanuck said:

In the Canadian Thai Consulate Website where I have received 60 day tourist visas in the past and plan to apply for a one year O-A visa, multiple entries. It maintains that any time you wish to leave within your first year,  you are "required to apply at the Immigration office for re-entry permit (single or multiple) before departure."

That is incorrect info that has been on the MFA, embassy and consulate websites for years going back to when single entry OA visas were issued. You do not need a re-entry permit until after your visa expires to keep you last entry valid.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JDMCanuck said:

Thanks for all this David, I am still just a bit confused and perhaps you can help?  In the Canadian Thai Consulate Website where I have received 60 day tourist visas in the past and plan to apply for a one year O-A visa, multiple entries. It maintains that any time you wish to leave within your first year,  you are "required to apply at the Immigration office for re-entry permit (single or multiple) before departure." Did you have to do that too? and that if you want to extend your O-A an extra year that you have to have the $800000 in a Thai bank? Not just on deposit in your home country. It seems you got a one year extension each time you returned. (presumably the IO did not request documented finances and just stamped your passport with an extra year) Have you gotten the extension without any money physically in a Thailand bank? In the extension year can you confirm that if you leave Thailand your O-A is no longer valid? When I tried to open an account in Thailand on my 60 day tourist visa, I was denied at two banks. Is it different when you are there on an O-A visa? Thanks so much for any clarification from anyone. http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/Home/visa

http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/Home/visa

I have covered this on a few other places on ThaiVisa.  I believe it is the same for Canada.  When you apply for and receive your retirement visa from the Thai Embassy in your home country they issue with a O-A  M (multi-entry) visa which is a multi-entry visa.  During the year of this visa, you can come and go as many times as you like to where ever you want to go.  You do not pay anything as you re-enter.  Each time you re-enter your passport will be stamped so you can stay in Thailand for a further 364 days from the date you arrived.  If you arrive after several trips overseas as I do and the visa is 364 days old your passport will be stamped with an extension to stay for another 364 days. A total of 2 days short of 2 years (TIT)  It will be automatic. you don't have even speak to the immigration officer at all.  They don't want to know anything, you don't have to prove anything about the money you have anywhere.  The need to prove you have the required funds is already taken care of in your original Retirement Visa O-A application.  But remember if you leave Thailand during the extension period and go home you will have to re-apply all over again no extension on top of extensions....TIT   All of this is based on my own personal experience.  That's how I get my Retirement Visa...it may well be in the light of recent turmoil about Retirement visa the best way to get your Retirement Visa in the future if you have the Bt800.000 it can be quite simple to get your visa in your home country.  You can't use BS in Australia or Canada or most Western Countries to create evidence about your bank balances or retirement funds.http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/Home/visa

Edited by David Walden

7 hours ago, David Walden said:

If you arrive after several trips overseas as I do and the visa is 364 days old your passport will be stamped with an extension to stay for another 364 days. A total of 2 days short of 2 years (TIT)  It will be automatic. you don't have even speak to the immigration officer at all.  They don't want to know anything, you don't have to prove anything about the money you have anywhere.  The need to prove you have the required funds is already taken care of in your original Retirement Visa O-A application. 

So far, so good.

7 hours ago, David Walden said:

But remember if you leave Thailand during the extension period and go home you will have to re-apply all over again no extension on top of extensions....TIT

... unless you get a Re-Entry Permit to keep your permitted-stay alive during that last 364 days, after the "enter before" date on the Visa has passed. 

So, after the expiration date ("enter before" date), the Visa is dead, but you can keep the last permitted-stay you got from that visa alive, with a re-entry permit. 

On 12/24/2018 at 4:30 PM, Iforbach said:

I hv krunsgi  bank oz $ equal to 800000 and get letter from bank ..that i can withdraw daily and take 1000 on day of visa application .with reciept as back up ..no problems in 5 years 

Nice  one ,  iforbach , are you by any chance  from Tai bach area ,,, you may owe me a beer or two,?  .555

The best way , is  to have Thai Bank 800,000.in your thai bank accounts, assle free ,   Quality  farangs  always welcome in the kingdom.  This  is  soon to be the  norm criteria ,,, asap