Wash and Dry coin operated commercial machines finally in Pattaya

marinediscoking

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/30/2018 at 2:36 PM, marinediscoking said:

Looks like a franchise, this just opened on regional land office Rd. 500m down from 3rd Rd. Next door to Tigglebitties. The sign says free washing until Jan. 2

20181230_142226.jpg

One more ? So many around now ! Do they belong to the same owner ? And how can they make money with such investment ? Is it only clothes laundry or also money ?!

On 2/21/2019 at 12:00 AM, myshem said:

One more ? So many around now ! Do they belong to the same owner ? And how can they make money with such investment ? Is it only clothes laundry or also money ?!

They are franchises from Japan the owner told me. They are not owned by the same person.

If it were me, I would buy the machines and open one myself without using the oteri name,  they are made in singapore. 

• 10 months later...
On 2/22/2019 at 4:36 PM, marinediscoking said:

They are franchises from Japan the owner told me. They are not owned by the same person.

If it were me, I would buy the machines and open one myself without using the oteri name,  they are made in singapore. 

But how much would you have to spend to open one ?!

On 12/25/2018 at 10:05 PM, scorecard said:

Just one point, I would never use public coin operated laundry machines, because nobody knows what was washed just before your clothes and all the previous washes, those clothes could have contained drug residue, nasty chemicals, blood, grease from a car mechanics clothes etc., etc. Or how often dog blankets or whatever have been washed in the same machine.

Not for me, but each to their own of course.

Perhaps you should wash twice, in the same machine, that way, you know who the last customer was.  ????

It's a shame they are not washer / dryer combos.  You put the laundry in and come back when washing and drying has been completed, in the same machine.

From your photos, it looks like you have to move the clean, but wet clothes, into a dryer.

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

It's a shame they are not washer / dryer combos.  You put the laundry in and come back when washing and drying has been completed, in the same machine.

From your photos, it looks like you have to move the clean, but wet clothes, into a dryer.

Sometimes you can pay extra and helper will move clothes to the dryer

Who is the target market for this business?

Both Thais and falang who want proper washing of clothes and a choice of hot water. My clothes seem a lot cleaner since i switch to the Otteri shop.

Costs me 40 baht so not worth buying a machine

20 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Both Thais and falang who want proper washing of clothes and a choice of hot water. My clothes seem a lot cleaner since i switch to the Otteri shop.

Costs me 40 baht so not worth buying a machine

I've spoken to a few Thai girls about why they hand wash and not machine wash.

They have all said, more or less, the machines are too hard on their clothes and damage them.  I explained about the "delicate" or "soft wash" option on a washing machine and they were still not interested.

I remember one girl who I was "familiar" with who was staying over.  I told her to bring all her washing to my place and I'll wash it in the machine and anything that was damaged I would buy new for her.  She accepted the invitation to stay, but declined on the washing offer. ????

A friend's defacto still hand washes, and he has a machine.

Must be a cultural thing. 

Happy to hear from other members if they have encountered this. 

42 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Never been to one of these. But it might be interesting to recreate some US movie where they do karate chops or shooting in them. Quaint.

I would be interested if they recreate the Levis 501 advert  but with a girlie taking the jeans off.

22 hours ago, Leaver said:

I've spoken to a few Thai girls about why they hand wash and not machine wash.

They have all said, more or less, the machines are too hard on their clothes and damage them.  I explained about the "delicate" or "soft wash" option on a washing machine and they were still not interested.

I remember one girl who I was "familiar" with who was staying over.  I told her to bring all her washing to my place and I'll wash it in the machine and anything that was damaged I would buy new for her.  She accepted the invitation to stay, but declined on the washing offer. ????

A friend's defacto still hand washes, and he has a machine.

Must be a cultural thing. 

Happy to hear from other members if they have encountered this. 

Thai also do not like to wash clothes in a machines where dirty people washed their clothes, this is why they prefer to hand wash.

1 hour ago, rech said:

Thai also do not like to wash clothes in a machines where dirty people washed their clothes, this is why they prefer to hand wash.

Ah, ok, but we all know where bar girls hands have been.  ????

For Thais farang washing machines, clothes or dishes, are the ultimate evil, soul snatching sinister machines from the future. Up to them, if they enjoy bleeding knuckles from scraping their wash against a wooden board go for it. If I for some oddball reason have to clean stuff, I set the machine to full auto, done.

Masochists be masochists.

13 hours ago, DrTuner said:

For Thais farang washing machines, clothes or dishes, are the ultimate evil, soul snatching sinister machines from the future. Up to them, if they enjoy bleeding knuckles from scraping their wash against a wooden board go for it. If I for some oddball reason have to clean stuff, I set the machine to full auto, done.

Masochists be masochists.

There's one of those laundromats mentioned by the OP in my soi and no matter what time of the day or night whenI drive past it is always well patroned by Thai's/Asians.... rarely have I seen a white person in there.

19 hours ago, scorecard said:

What's your point? Only a small % of Thai females are bar girls? 

Quite a high percentage of bar girls in Central Pattaya, where this business is located.

A legit Thai lady I know is a manager, of a retail store, she hand washes, and she can easily afford to buy a machine, or use coin operated machines.  

Another Thai lady I know works in a real estate office and she hand washes.  Same thing, could easily buy, or pay, but doesn't.

Another girl I know works in factory.  Same as above.  Can buy or pay, but doesn't. 

My friend's defacto came from a bar.  She now has access to a washing machine, and doesn't use it.

I asked around and found it was common among the Thai girls.

I just put it out there if anyone else came across this reluctance to use washing machines. 

Quite a high percentage of bar girls in Central Pattaya, where this business is located.

I legit Thai lady I know is a manager, of a retail store, she hand washes, and she can easily afford to buy a machine, or use coin operated machines.  

Another Thai lady I know works in a real estate office and she hand washes.  Same thing, could easily buy, or pay, but doesn't.

Another girl I know works in factory.  Same as above.  Can buy or pay, but doesn't. 

My friend's defacto came from a bar.  She now has access to a washing machine, and doesn't use it.

I asked around and found it was common among the Thai girls.

I just put it out there if anyone else came across this reluctance to use washing machines. 

Coincidentally i have a bar girl friend in my place, she says she does in sink, she says some clothes no good for machine. Case closed maybe

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Coincidentally i have a bar girl friend in my place, she says she does in sink, she says some clothes no good for machine. Case closed maybe

I admit I only have a small survey sample, but when I was surprised with discovering this, I asked a few Thai female friends, and then some bar girls, and found it to be quite common. 

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

I admit I only have a small survey sample, but when I was surprised with discovering this, I asked a few Thai female friends, and then some bar girls, and found it to be quite common. 

Yes explains why i never see bar girls doing laundry

2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

They are like me ...50 baht kilo wash n iron!

I do one 9 kg wash a week, for me it's 50 baht then i hang out to dry by the morning. if i did wash n iron it would be 450 baht a week, i guess it depends which you prefer, buy definitely my clothes are cleaner since i ditched the per KG laundry and thing's don't go missing

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I do one 9 kg wash a week, for me it's 50 baht then i hang out to dry by the morning. if i did wash n iron it would be 450 baht a week, i guess it depends which you prefer, buy definitely my clothes are cleaner since i ditched the per KG laundry and thing's don't go missing

I,m not that keen on those chores at this age, but good for those that get a kick out of it I guess,condo,s are not suited to a Hills hoist in the backyard and my kids don,t swing on em any more!

Archived