Turkey for 79 baht / kg

Spotted advertising for Inghams cooked turkey for 79 baht / kg in Makro Chaweng.

Off course they didn't have any left.

Took a trip to Makro Lamai, they had plenty.

I have a good freezer so I bought 3 birds, best before date 09/2020.

Hey, a five kilo turkey for 400 baht, now I have three future parties menu ready.

Only aviable 27-dec to 1 Jan, ordinary price 450 baht / kg.

Theese birds will go quickly, hurry.

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Each? Really? I'll be there first thing tomorrow.

Actually, I'll check our local Makro first.

True, the staff didn't believe it either had to get section chief and store manager, they said it's in the computer.

Actually in Lamai the price was 350 first, I asked them to scan and it said 79 baht.

When I went back to buy two more birds it was changed to 79 baht, advert item.

On 12/27/2018 at 6:07 PM, PoorSucker said:

Spotted advertising for Inghams cooked turkey for 79 baht / kg in Makro Chaweng.

An Australian turkey brand here?  That's a new one on me. How are Aussie turkeys?

https://inghams.com.au/products/turkey/

I think last year I checked my local Makro in BKK, and all they had were some scrawny Thai quasi-turkeys.

On 12/31/2018 at 1:16 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

An Australian turkey brand here?  That's a new one on me. How are Aussie turkeys?

https://inghams.com.au/products/turkey/

I think last year I checked my local Makro in BKK, and all they had were some scrawny Thai quasi-turkeys.

Best turkey I had since I went to college in the US in the early 90's

1 hour ago, PoorSucker said:

Best turkey I had since I went to college in the US in the early 90's

Is it your impression the Aussie turkeys are a new thing here this year, or, they've been here all along and I just never noticed or heard of them before?  They've certainly got to be better than the lousy Thai ones!

Central Markets this year had a lot of frozen Butterball turkeys from the U.S., but they all had to be the pre-cooked variety, apparently, in order to avoid the continuing Thai customs ban on raw turkey imports from the U.S.

52 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Is it your impression the Aussie turkeys are a new thing here this year, or, they've been here all along and I just never noticed or heard of them before?  They've certainly got to be better than the lousy Thai ones!

Central Markets this year had a lot of frozen Butterball turkeys from the U.S., but they all had to be the pre-cooked variety, apparently, in order to avoid the continuing Thai customs ban on raw turkey imports from the U.S.

Yes, never seen Inghams before, still pre-cooked.

Well, priced at 450 baht/kg again, luckily I bought three birds.????

2 hours ago, losworld said:

prefer canadian turkeys as they are grain fed... u.s. turkey corn fed not as good imho

This turkey was an Aussie, don't know what they feed them, but delicious, had to Cook it upside down though.????

Archived