Phuket marina set to host major yacht show

snoop1130

Phuket marina set to host major yacht show

By The Nation

Having been home to yacht shows in Phuket for almost 15 years, Royal Phuket Marina will host the country's largest yachting and luxury lifestyle event from January 10 to 13, the Thailand Yacht Show and RendezVous, organised by Verventia.

Gulu Lalvani, chairman of Royal Phuket Marina, said: “What makes Royal Phuket Marina special is our integrated concept with easy access to boats in the marina, restaurants on the boardwalk and the island's largest exhibition hall right on the waterfront. 

"This makes it an ideal boat show venue as visitors can move easily between displays without having to walk too far. 

“We've been working closely with the organisers and the show looks set to be one of the best ever with a record of more than 50 boats in the show ranging from 10 to 54 metres.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30361230

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-27

I used this marina for more than a decade and it was a fine marina.  Good staff But now it is a marina for local speed boats and a few supper yachts.
Its condo owners are miserable for turning what was supposed to be a first class yachting marina into a chinese mad house.
I wont go near here again.

Ao Por is still the place to be.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, quadperfect said:

I used this marina for more than a decade and it was a fine marina.  Good staff But now it is a marina for local speed boats and a few supper yachts.

Its condo owners are miserable for turning what was supposed to be a first class yachting marina into a chinese mad house.

I wont go near here again.

I saw that just this week. The ground floor office spaces have turned into speedboat waiting rooms and the public toilets there are a disgrace. I had to hold my need to the toilet as there was a line of noisy Chinese waiting to use it. Sounded like a chicken coup and smelled like one. 

How the people who live above this must feel to see this happen at a "5 star" residence. 

Mass tourism on your doorstep is a nightmare. 

On 12/29/2018 at 7:57 AM, hansgruber said:

I saw that just this week. The ground floor office spaces have turned into speedboat waiting rooms and the public toilets there are a disgrace. I had to hold my need to the toilet as there was a line of noisy Chinese waiting to use it. Sounded like a chicken coup and smelled like one. 

How the people who live above this must feel to see this happen at a "5 star" residence. 

Mass tourism on your doorstep is a nightmare. 

"How the people who live above this must feel to see this happen at a "5 star" residence."  - similar thing happening in condo blocks, all over the island. 

What should be a residential area is now a short term hotel, with a very high turn over of customers.