Clarification on Non Immigrant B & O Visa Sought

I wanted to get clarification on both of the above in terms of leaving and re-entering the country. (Assume O visa is a multi-entry).

1). If I exit the country via foot on a Non-Immigrant O visa, do I still get 90 days when I re-enter the kingdom? I've searched on Google but couldn't find a topic on this but I'm sure this question just have been asked before.

2). Same question but with a Non-Immigrant B visa (my friend).

I was thinking of going to Mae Sai.

Thanks in anticipation.

7 minutes ago, Justin Side said:

Both will get 90 days providing they are multi entry and still valid.

Sweet ????, cheers Justin. Does it also work for a re-entry visa on the Non-Immigrant B do you know my friend asked if walking across at Mae Sai?

Edited by stament

6 minutes ago, elviajero said:

As long as the 'B' is multiple entry too, you would both be given a new 90 day stay as long as you are entering on or before the 'enter before' date printed on the visa.

What if the B visa isn't multi entry?

1 minute ago, stament said:

What if the B visa isn't multi entry?

It would mean the visa is already used and couldn't be used again to enter the country. They would give your friend 30 days (assuming they qualify for visa exempt entry).

4 hours ago, stament said:

Sweet ????, cheers Justin. Does it also work for a re-entry visa on the Non-Immigrant B do you know my friend asked if walking across at Mae Sai?

If you have a re-entry permit, your current permission to stay would not be cancelled when leaving and re-entering Thailand, regardless of where this was done. However, this would normally be a pretty pointless exercise.

14 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If you have a re-entry permit, your current permission to stay would not be cancelled when leaving and re-entering Thailand, regardless of where this was done. However, this would normally be a pretty pointless exercise.

Why pointless?

2 hours ago, stament said:
2 hours ago, BritTim said:

Why pointless?

The context was a same day in/out border bounce. If holding a multiple entry visa, this gives you a fresh 90-day entry into Thailand which is usually the entire object of the exercise. If you just have a re-entry permit to protect your permission to stay, an in/out border bounce only has the effect of adding a few stamps to your passport. It has no effect on your permission to stay.

The only reason to leave Thailand, later returning with a re-entry permission is if you want to travel overseas for some other reason, and not wanting your current permission to stay to be affected by your trip.

• Like 1