Jomtien Beach vendors reminded to keep sand clean

Rimmer

Jomtien Beach vendors reminded to keep sand clean

image.png

PATTAYA:--Jomtien Beach vendors were given a reminder to keep the shoreline clean and free of smokers.

About 60 beach chair vendors and masseuses met with Pattaya mayoral advisor Sretapol Boonsawat, Manop Sakorn, chairman of Jomtien Beach Thai Traditional Massage Club and city regularly-enforcement officers Dec. 18.

The agenda covered cleanliness of the beach, Thailand’s beach smoking ban, vehicle traffic, garbage collection and beach chair parcel boundaries.

Vendors were told their primary responsibility is to keep their areas of the beach clean and to properly dispose of rubbish in tied plastic bags which must be dropped off at the appropriate pickup point on time.

They also are required to help enforce the smoking ban and alert patrol officers in cases where the beach-goer doesn’t comply.

The vendors also were asked to ensure that any vehicles brought into the Jomtien “free zone” area are relocated after no-parking rules go into effect.

Sretapol and Engineering Department Director Sunthorn Sompramai then checked the progress of the latest phase of the Jomtien Beach landscaping overhaul.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-12-28
  • Haha 2

Regular I ride down to Na Jomtien, I usually visit Drifters café when my mates are in town. Today I bought a beer from the little shop just down from Drifters, there is a little dwelling supplied by city hall that has power and lighting for free. This structure has a sign in Thai which says the building is for the local fisherman. It has a large area beside the building which local boat repairers (tradesman) repair boats (using the free electricity), regularly these guys leave their rubbish everywhere, the beach is littered with crap. Today I saw the repairman throwing off cuttings from the fibreglass boat into the water. This really annoys me, these people just throwing rubbish onto the beach/into the water. Bloody animals.

Please, city hall inspectors, visit this site and arrest these horrible people.

• Like 1