Dependent Visa for 49.5 years old mother.

She would have to be 50 years old to apply for an extension of stay based upon your extension for being your mother.

From clause 2.20 of the police order for extension of stay.

"(5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must be 50 years of age or over."

She might be able to get a single entry non-o visa at a embassy or consulate.

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Or perhaps write her age the same as Thais do - starting at one year-old when you're born - then she would be 50 already. An honest mistake...

That would not work. Immigration goes by the date of birth not what you write on a form.

• Thanks 1

@ubonjoe, @bluesofa@DrJack54

Thanks for your replies.

@DrJack54

Appologies for not providing the completed details.

I am not sure how to edit the original question so adding the details here.

I have got an offer from a company in Thailand and would be getting the application for work permit started on joining. Right now I would be getting in by non-immigrant visa for myself and my mother. Let me know if any other details are required.

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Saheb Preet Singh said:

Right now I would be getting in by non-immigrant visa for myself and my mother.

You would get a single entry non-b visa. And then after getting the work permit you would apply for a one year extension of stay.

Your mother would get a single entry non-o visa that will allow a 90 day entry if the embassy or consulate does not invoke the 50 or over rule. If she got the first non-o visa she could possibley go out for another non-o visa that would allow her to stay until her birthday when she could apply for the extension that would be granted to the date your extension ends.

• Thanks 2

She could probably also get a multiple entry tourist visa, make a visa run every 90 days until she is 50 and then convert it to a non-immigrant o visa at an immigration office in Thailand. Like this she would not have to spend time outside of Thailand waiting until an embassy / consulate issues a new visa for her.

• Thanks 1