Buzzwords of the Year: Big Joke and the Irate Netizens put the Brake Failure in Embassy Letters!

rooster59

I took a minute to skim through this and I honestly didn't spend much time reading this maybe 30 seconds to a minute to skim through it real quick but wow anyone who took the time to read this article is now dumber for having read it. I award the author no points and may God have mercy on his soul.  And actually it turns out that the embassy letters being phased out next year is actually going to be a very positive thing at least for those of us who fall within Thai law living here on long stay visas.  I'm glad it'll save me a trip to the embassy all the way down in Bangkok at the end of next year 2019 into 2020 and that $50 dollar fee for their piece of paper.  I actually just renewed my extension recently for 2019 and it honestly wasn't that hard.  I've seen a few different immigration offices and I guess I'd have to see them all to understand what everyone was complaining about because I've never had any problems in 5 years of living here.  In fact I got my extension done a little early this year because of all the fear mongering but at least now I don't have to deal with it in January because it's already done.  

Edited by Jim7777
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

they had a man kill a police offer on Dec. 25th. and 2 days later the police caught him and he will spend the rest of his life in prison red bull grand son killed a police officer 7 years and he is still free. So How much money has the crooked Thai police got from the grand father. In America if someone kills a police officer all the money in the world could not set him free. So the name big joke show just what him and his men are big F****  jokes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, randy723 said:

they had a man kill a police offer on Dec. 25th. and 2 days later the police caught him and he will spend the rest of his life in prison red bull grand son killed a police officer 7 years and he is still free. So How much money has the crooked Thai police got from the grand father. In America if someone kills a police officer all the money in the world could not set him free. So the name big joke show just what him and his men are big F****  jokes.

"they had a man kill a police offer on Dec. 25th"

Who are "they"?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim7777 said:

I took a minute to skim through this and I honestly didn't spend much time reading this maybe 30 seconds to a minute to skim through it real quick but wow anyone who took the time to read this article is now dumber for having read it. I award the author no points and may God have mercy on his soul.  And actually it turns out that the embassy letters being phased out next year is actually going to be a very positive thing at least for those of us who fall within Thai law living here on long stay visas.  I'm glad it'll save me a trip to the embassy all the way down in Bangkok at the end of next year 2019 into 2020 and that $50 dollar fee for their piece of paper.  I actually just renewed my extension recently for 2019 and it honestly wasn't that hard.  I've seen a few different immigration offices and I guess I'd have to see them all to understand what everyone was complaining about because I've never had any problems in 5 years of living here.  In fact I got my extension done a little early this year because of all the fear mongering but at least now I don't have to deal with it in January because it's already done.  

Moaning about an article you didn't read. Priceless. 555

Rooster’s stuff is always a good read and rather than bitching I’d say “keep up the good work”. There’s too much ranting and complaining going on here all the time (see some of the above comments) and sometimes I would just like to say to some of the “ever and always negative” posters: “If you don’t like it here, go back where you came from”. So all in all, after half my life spent here, I still love it, with all its ups and downs. A happy new year to all of you!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jim7777 said:

I'm sorry? Jim, you need to have a lie down and a bex...nobody cares that you have almost beaten the system and have obtained your visa renewal! Go to sleep now there's a good boy! ????

• Like 1

Just an addition to "Cave" - the pompous ass (to put it nicely) senior policeman who showed up in the early stages demanding to see 'licences etc' for those operating rescue equipment! What a brain dead knob (again, to put it nicely)!! In the weird, wonderful, wacky world of the Kingdom he will probably get promoted. 

An interesting read Rooster.

Edited by lvr181
Additional wording

13 hours ago, DaMoony said:

Rooster’s stuff is always a good read and rather than bitching I’d say “keep up the good work”. There’s too much ranting and complaining going on here all the time (see some of the above comments) and sometimes I would just like to say to some of the “ever and always negative” posters: “If you don’t like it here, go back where you came from”. So all in all, after half my life spent here, I still love it, with all its ups and downs. A happy new year to all of you!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

First post on TV!

Well done my good man as you got 90% of the hackneyed phrases right.

On 12/31/2018 at 8:38 AM, lvr181 said:

Just an addition to "Cave" - the pompous ass (to put it nicely) senior policeman who showed up in the early stages demanding to see 'licences etc' for those operating rescue equipment! What a brain dead knob (again, to put it nicely)!! In the weird, wonderful, wacky world of the Kingdom he will probably get promoted. 

This was General Servile, who got mention elsewhere in the article for obsequiously waiing the leopard poacher. 

16 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

This was General Servile, who got mention elsewhere in the article for obsequiously waiing the leopard poacher. 

Perhaps he is not silly? Just motivated by money from corruption?  :coffee1:

Yes Sir, no Sir, just three bags full (of Baht) Sir!