Flat bed sheets

Suradit69

I've always had bed sheets purchased outside Thailand so I was surprised when looking for bed sheets at Index and Baan & Beyond  to discover that sets included a fitted sheet and pillow cases. No flat sheet as part of a set or separately. When I asked at both places I was shown duvets, which I wouldn't want. I rarely use air conditioning, so even the thinnest duvet would be too warm.

Any idea where to find flat sheets? Thanks in advance.

28 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

IKEA have them. And they have a sale on at the moment with (apparently) 15% off everything for club members.

https://www.ikea.com/th/en/search/?query=sheets

My opinion of Thai sheets and Thai sheet prices could not be lower.

In regard to quality search around you can find plenty of very poor quality and you can find quite good quality at OK prices.

Another outlet is MAKRO, they have good quality white sheets and pillow cases and more, reasonable prices. 

49 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I also discovered belatedly that the thread count shown on the sheets I looked at was per 10 square cm, not per one square inch. So that means the thread count is actually about two-thirds of the stated amount when compared to the standard I'm accustomed to.

53 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

I also discovered belatedly that the thread count shown on the sheets I looked at was per 10 square cm, not per one square inch. So that means the thread count is actually about two-thirds of the stated amount when compared to the standard I'm accustomed to.

Probably a labelling error: they're really sieves!

I wonder what these are like for 299B?

https://www.ikea.com/th/en/catalog/products/00357702/

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

In regard to quality search around you can find plenty of very poor quality and you can find quite good quality at OK prices.

Another outlet is MAKRO, they have good quality white sheets and pillow cases and more, reasonable prices. 

I've tried Makro's sheets. And while their quality/durability may be OK, IMHO, sleeping on them is roughly akin to sleeping on sandpaper.

IKEA have them. And they have a sale on at the moment with (apparently) 15% off everything for club members.

Remember that to buy anything from IKEA one has to physically go to their store in BKK to pay for the thing ! [emoji13]

7 minutes ago, johng said:

Remember that to buy anything from IKEA one has to physically go to their store in BKK to pay for the thing ! emoji13.png

I don't get that. I would have spent thousands of $$$ over the last few years if I could have bought on line. So I ended up buying from lazada, home pro etc. 

2 hours ago, NE1 said:

I purchased some from Thai Watsadu , I use them as dust / paint sheets.  6 ft x 6 ft.

The problem being that for a king size bed the flat sheets that are NOT the base sheets need to be bigger to overlap the bed and you!

Hell of a job finding them and was also shown duvets every time but did find them at a Central store if you have one in Patts.

I have Ikea flat bed sheets which are a PITA, ok as a quasi blanket, i have one fitted sheet for the mattress which is so much better as it doesn't move

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I have Ikea flat bed sheets which are a PITA, ok as a quasi blanket, i have one fitted sheet for the mattress which is so much better as it doesn't move

I think the idea is that you use a fitted sheet on the bottom and a flat one on the top. That's what I always did in Europe anyway. Here I only have the fitted lower sheet and nothing on top.

4 hours ago, johng said:

Remember that to buy anything from IKEA one has to physically go to their store in BKK to pay for the thing !

Yes, I agree that it is daft. Never understood why they dont do online ordering and COD.

That said, it isnt hard to drive there from Pattaya and to be perfectly honest I would rather spend two hours in my car than spend two hours traipsing around local shops looking for something that they probably dont have.

7 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

No flat sheet as part of a set or separately.

funny as this was one of the first things I tried to buy in Thailand. Blank stares all around everywhere i went here in Hua Hin.

never did find them. drove me crazy.  

I think the idea is that you use a fitted sheet on the bottom and a flat one on the top. That's what I always did in Europe anyway. Here I only have the fitted lower sheet and nothing on top.
Yes, but certainly Ikea Glasgow was phasing out fitted sheets, used to be a choice of a few and when i last went, just one

10 hours ago, topt said:

They have flat sheets at Index of varying thread counts.

Well I was in Index in Pattaya yesterday and they had no flat sheets. When I asked, the lady understood what I meant, replied " not in Thailand," and showed me duvets.

5 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Well I was in Index in Pattaya yesterday and they had no flat sheets. When I asked, the lady understood what I meant, replied " not in Thailand," and showed me duvets.

I believe this to be a flat sheet - from the description -

20181231_144405.thumb.jpg.8cfbae557f7d85e8c4c0b6c799390494.jpg

They also had SANTAS brand flat sheets at just under 5k baht per sheet. This was less than an hour ago.......

6 minutes ago, topt said:

They also had SANTAS brand flat sheets at just under 5k baht per sheet.

And the one in the picture is 1295B. What is it with these ridiculous prices here? It's the sheet I'm buying, not the factory.
I have half a dozen fitted cotton sheets. They are all over 10 years old and cost under 300B each in a local supermarket in Europe. They are still in perfect condition and are very good quality.

5 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

What is it with these ridiculous prices here?

Maybe hand made Egyptian cotton with gold embroidery and personal monogram..or just that they don't sell many  so the  "less customers raise the price"  idea kicks in ????

4 hours ago, KittenKong said:

And the one in the picture is 1295B. What is it with these ridiculous prices here? It's the sheet I'm buying, not the factory.
I have half a dozen fitted cotton sheets. They are all over 10 years old and cost under 300B each in a local supermarket in Europe. They are still in perfect condition and are very good quality.

Not just Sheets but anything cotton. Whenever I go back to oz I take empty suitcases and fill them with sheets towels, T's etc 

6 minutes ago, madmen said:

Not just Sheets but anything cotton. Whenever I go back to oz I take empty suitcases and fill them with sheets towels, T's etc 

There seems to be major discrepancies for odd items. Vegemite, Aldi soap and wine come to Thailand with me. Sensodyne toothpaste, whisky and dried fruit go back to Oz.

We got the shits looking for them and the prices of 1000 baht upwards, in the end, made me buy a sewing machine and I made the sheets myself. Since made about 6 sets of sheets, 8 pillowcases, and three or four duvets. I like to change my sheets/pillowcases every few days and at least once every three months, wash the pillows. The pillows are micro-crimp and just so good to sleep with.

Value and quality for money Ikea sheets are the best and thats coming from a hotel biz, 

Ikea sheets wash very well, do not thread or tear and do not change the color.

I have tried Satin brand and Lotus both standard and premium.

Lotus is not bad , but cost triple to what Ikea sheets cost.

Keep in mind in hotel sheets go into wash every day or second day, so to last heavy use it has to be good quality.

Also surprising copy sets from Aliexpress are pretty good. but again Ikea wins on price.

Archived