Flat bed sheets

Suradit69

I have one silk flat... whatever it was meant to be. I found it at Tesco Lotus at On Nut.
It is a very scant five feet, but good for me as a bed cover, though sometimes "she who must be obeyed" swipes the whole thing middle of the night, and not, I think, so she can admire my 65 yo 114 kilo body. ????

5 hours ago, topt said:

I believe this to be a flat sheet - from the description -

20181231_144405.thumb.jpg.8cfbae557f7d85e8c4c0b6c799390494.jpg

They also had SANTAS brand flat sheets at just under 5k baht per sheet. This was less than an hour ago.......

Assuming your photo is from the Index in Pattaya, it may very  well be true, but I found none and the sales clerk told me there were none. If one of us had found these at baht 5000 I wouldn't have bought it anyway.  

I never  claimed they didn't exist, just that I found none and the salesclerk said there were none. 

I bought two two flat sheets on eBay for about $80 since that seemed the least trouble. Judging from what most posters in this thread have said, they are not easily found in Thailand. As I said in my o/p I also tried Baan & Beyond with the same result.

i didn't mean it to be a competition or an I'm right and you're wrong thing. I explained my experience, which others have also found to be true, and asked where they were available, if at all. I don't plan on taking your photo back toIndex and demanding an apology from the salesclerk. I expect if they were available the clerk would have been happy to sell them.

I hope you didn't rush to Index an hour ago to prove me wrong. That would be really sad, especially considering the traffic on Sukhumvit.

37 minutes ago, BestB said:

Keep in mind in hotel sheets go into wash every day or second day, so to last heavy use it has to be good quality.

Well to be fair, being able to survive 1000's of washes and being pleasant skin contact aren't necessarily the same thing.

5 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Well to be fair, being able to survive 1000's of washes and being pleasant skin contact aren't necessarily the same thing.

As you usual you know better,so apologies for trying to help. Buy whatever makes your skin feel pleasant

Sidebar question:  Since there were a couple mentions of white sheets, how many of you use them?  I've always thought of white bed linens as institutional items, like hospitals and hotels, and never really considered using them at home.

Sidebar question:  Since there were a couple mentions of white sheets, how many of you use them?  I've always thought of white bed linens as institutional items, like hospitals and hotels, and never really considered using them at home.
I use white sheets, more common in the UK. Good if you need to bleach that's the main advantage, especially if you use those cold machines

14 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

I expect if they were available the clerk would have been happy to sell them.

For a man with your supposed experience of living in Thailand I find this statement bizarre but since you are sorted, no worries. :saai:

Archived