Democrat Warren takes step to challenge Trump in 2020

webfact

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Have you considered people walking around waving their gun about might have driven business away?

1.  It was factory.  

2. There was no walk-in traffic.

3. Where in what I wrote, was the word "waving?"

Stop making things up.

4 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Cultural appropriation is a big deal these days

One could easily imagine a situation where one is called “Bonespur Warren” while supporters dance at Maralago under a coat of arms that has a Cherokee headdress emblazoned on it... :coffee1:

• Haha 1

Just now, johnsnapo said:

As Bernie Saunders showed in opinion polls, someone like her can actually win but she has to get by the Democratic old school 1st who opted for Clinton last time and paid a very heavy price for it. I sincerely hope they learnt their lesson. 

Hillary and the DNC cheated Bernie SANDERS from the nomination.  Ask Donna Brazille.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Michael Moore's new documentary Fahrenheit 11/9 is excellent. It was available yesterday but has been taken down by youtube.

Quite an eye opener; time Americans (and The British) woke up! 

Thank you Grouse, great video, lots of common sense there.

I agree that Warren is a populist from the left. I suppose Sherrod Brown is as well. I think he probably has more credibility than Warren but personally I'm shy of populists from the right and left. Tariffs are stupid. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/12/sherrod-brown-weighing-2020-presidential-run/1976256002/

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, TonyClifton said:

Use your words correctly.   The word to be used is not "racist."  You apparently don't know the meaning of this word.  Had you used bigoted or prejudiced, I might give you some credence.  

Not sure what you're smoking but if you're saying there isn't racism against Native Americans you're tripping bigly.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Warren has denounced Trump as an "insecure money grubber" with a platform of "racism, sexism and xenophobia" while Trump has described the former Harvard Law School professor as "goofy" and a "lowlife" with "a nasty mouth."

One is pointing out what is factually correct the other is resorting to name calling because he does not like her...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Basil B said:

One is pointing out what is factually correct the other is resorting to name calling because he does not like her...

Individual-1 personally insults anyone that doesn't worship him. Certainly political opponents of any party. I agree Warren's insults have accuracy but this points out one of the big decision points for the democrat's choice in 2020. Are we better off with someone as angry and obnoxious as Individual-1 but on the other side of the policy spectrum or are we better off ignoring his divisive trash and really trying to unite the country again? My impulse is the latter. There are a number of choices that could do that, including Klobuchar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GalaxyMan said:

She's a total flake. I hate Trump -- I can't think of a stronger term than hate -- but she is an idiot. Says that she wants the employees of corporations to run them. Tail wagging the dog. I've owned businesses in the US, managed others. I am viscerally against the idea of tail wagging the dog. You don't want to work for my business in the way I want it run, built on my money, there's the door. Don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out. I absolutely hate unions. An idea that's seen its time and usefulness and that should be relegated to the graveyard of once-okay ideas. She's all about unions. Communism in another guise. Another bad idea for the graveyard of bad ideas.

Is there any such thing as an honorable politician? The very concept seems oxymoronic to me, sort of mutually exclusive terms.

You're probably confused. Co-0ps don't have a seperate owner than the workers.  I worked in one once in the late 70's. I paid $17k as a buy in to earn $8/hr at a time when the minimum wage was about $3/hour. 3 years later I went off to college and sold myshare for $22k and the then salary was $9.50/hr. Not bad at the time. The best run company I ever worked for except for the ones I owned myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I agree that Warren is a populist from the left. I suppose Sherrod Brown is as well. I think he probably has more credibility than Warren but personally I'm shy of populists from the right and left. Tariffs are stupid. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/12/sherrod-brown-weighing-2020-presidential-run/1976256002/

Tariffs are stupid if they are imposed for the wrong reasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Not sure what you're smoking but if you're saying there isn't racism against Native Americans you're tripping bigly.

Didn't you start a topic or post extensively that there was no such thing as race? A point I happen to agree with BTW.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bristolboy said:

If Elizabeth Warren isn't your idea of a genuine populist, someone who is extremely knowledgeable and has consistently challenged corporations, who is?

Tulsi Gabbard would get my support.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Never understood the appeal of Louis CK or Elizabeth Warren.

I hear ya, I tried watching his standup, never got a laugh.  I tried watching that show he had, was that supposed to be comedy?

But I listened to this thing mentioned in the news today, recorded by someone in the audience, and admit I got a few chuckles.  He has this "I've got nothing to lose now" manner, and at one point says something like "what you gonna do, revoke my birth certificate?"  Some good slams against the millennial generation.

His fetish about whipping it out in front of women and wanking it, I can't relate to that at all.  Maybe you have to be a red haired guy from Boston to understand.

What Liz is basically about is the role private $$$ plays in gov't, and I agree.  It's time for the new breed of Dems to start coming up with visions and strategies and not be distracted by the attention-getting antics of the orange demon.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

Mueller's investigation is a FRAUD, Pocahontas, aka Sen. Warren is equally a fraud. Anti-Trump "contributers" are as ignorant as my spelling.

Just because you don't like the massive results of the Mueller investigation (much more to come) doesn't make it a fraud. 

Parroting the racist taunts of a criminally corrupt illegitimate president doesn't make Senator Warren a fraud. 

• Like 2