Mass shooting HORROR in Thailand as man GUNS DOWN 7 people

webfact

20 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

Another tragic instance of someone who would seem to have had mental health issues.
The government needs to invest in providing support to vulnerable people, so we can slow this almost daily reporting of someone doing a vicious act because of a deranged mental state. There are too many unbalanced people here grabbing guns or knives seeking revenge for the most trivial of matters. Road rage, feeling disrespected, marital issues, grab a weapon and let's get even.

Who knows it could eventually be safe to live here.

He has just been released from prison so how did he get a gun...what sort of gun" The one I saw was a large modern weapon but the news showed a small gun???

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Lack of any effective law enforcement over the past 20 years or so has seen a proliferation of firearms, drugs etc. on a prolific scale. It seems that every Somchai and his dog are tooled up, which doesn't bode well for the future.

and Thailand is the only country where incidents like this happen?

20 hours ago, TSF said:

So many these Thai males have zero control, make em angry and its a murderous rage. All you can do is warn people...don't go to Thailand, if you do give the males a wide berth, don't try to interact with them. Don't ever ever try to be funny and crack a joke...that's like playing with a hand grenade.

and I say again, is Thailand the only country in the world which has sooting outrages?

20 hours ago, Tradewind777 said:

Sad to concur with this but my god it’s so true. Thai males seem to me to all be total a/holes and this one the biggest of the lot. 

I think when it comes to "going postal" or mass shootings or shootings of unarmed women & children by unhinged males,  far greater examples elsewhere in the world currently exist and have done in the not too distant past and all perpetrated by people who share the same nationality as those pontificating in this thread. 

Saying that all Thai males are  this or that is about as silly as saying all farang  males are sex tourists who suffer from penis envy when they're around Thai males. 

Stop using a tragedy to promote your self serving agenda.

20 hours ago, Tradewind777 said:

Sad to concur with this but my god it’s so true. Thai males seem to me to all be total a/holes and this one the biggest of the lot. 

"Thai males seem to me to all be total a/holes".  What a load of nonsense.

11 minutes ago, Rocket Hawks said:

These sorts of incidents are almost unheard of in Thailand. They are the daily standard in the United States which has draconian laws and heavy policing. All the insane laws in America don’t seem to be doing much good in this regard. Murder rates in the US have never been higher. 

More and effective law enforcement is not the solution. This is all just the inevitability of capitalism and unfortunately the American way is slowly taking over Thailand. There is no answer for Godless culture where feelings of greed, envy, jealousy, and hatred begin to take over the human spirit. This is what capitalism does, it drives people over the edge. It’s not drugs, it’s not guns, it’s not lack of effective policing. It’s capitalism. 

Thailand has remarkably low levels of violent crime given its poverty levels and I’ve always contributed that to Buddhism. But the almighty dollar is a powerful thing and has a way of promoting a Godless culture where people no longer fear things like Karma and the afterlife. Their God becomes money and when that happens, you get a lot more violent crime.

Whats your solution

So what about gun laws now? Thailand has got an strict gun laws ,yet there are more illegal than legal guns in Thailand.  It all comes down to policing the law . Now that's a big problem in Thailand no one seems to be interested to enforce Any law.

54 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

And it seems you are unaware of the high level of the information the BIB gathered from the brother in law who survived the shooting. RIP to the victims. 

And are you sure the BIL isn't the shooter? 

11 minutes ago, possum1931 said:
20 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

I didn't say that.

"It seems that every Somchai and his dog are tooled up",  Really! well would you mind explaining

just what that means?

Your reply was "and Thailand is the only country where incidents like this happen?". I made no reference to Thailand being the only country where incidents like this happen. Of course it happens the world over.

5 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Too many guns, too much drinking. A recipe for this and other tragedies which are the bread and butter of the Thai media. 

When will they ever learn?

Thai media? Have you ever watched or read any news media outside of Thailand.

"When will they ever learn?"

Are you serious? Such mayhem in some western countries is practically a weekly event and so common only the most serious events garner much more than a yawn from the media numbed public.

Certainly the bread and butter of Thai Visa and the posters who love the opportunity to publicly expose themselves and the bubbles they live in.

29 minutes ago, Rocket Hawks said:

These sorts of incidents are almost unheard of in Thailand. They are the daily standard in the United States which has draconian laws and heavy policing. All the insane laws in America don’t seem to be doing much good in this regard. Murder rates in the US have never been higher. 

More and effective law enforcement is not the solution. This is all just the inevitability of capitalism and unfortunately the American way is slowly taking over Thailand. There is no answer for Godless culture where feelings of greed, envy, jealousy, and hatred begin to take over the human spirit. This is what capitalism does, it drives people over the edge. It’s not drugs, it’s not guns, it’s not lack of effective policing. It’s capitalism. 

Thailand has remarkably low levels of violent crime given its poverty levels and I’ve always contributed that to Buddhism. But the almighty dollar is a powerful thing and has a way of promoting a Godless culture where people no longer fear things like Karma and the afterlife. Their God becomes money and when that happens, you get a lot more violent crime.

I disagree with what you say.  I'm American and I carried a gun everyday at work for the Government for 20 years, and I have owned several personal weapons over the years.  Using a gun on innocent people is about as cowardly and disgusting as it gets.  I have never once thought about grabbing a gun when I have gotten pissed off at someone.  However, I would shoot in self defense, if I have too.  Thankfully I never pulled the trigger while on duty.  But I have held people at gunpoint.

With all that being said...It has nothing to do with Law Enforcement, laws that are in place, greed, Capitalism, or gun control.  It has everything to do with Mental Illness.  To blame Capitalism is very foolish and obviously you do not understand what true Capitalism is.  True Capitalism is not about greed, it's about competition.  However, I do agree with you about when money becomes a persons GOD, not good!  And, Capitalism in America today, is not the true Capitalism of decades ago.

You have to be Mentally Ill and seriously deranged to open fire on innocent people.  If a gun was not available to this guy.  Then he probably would done as many other Thai's have done, and what happens in China and London on a regular basis.  Knife attacks.

This kind of impulsive behavior which ended in some many deaths is much too common here.  Thailand has not promoted mental health counseling and it is still very stigmatizing here to have a mental health problem.  I would guess this killer has had problems in the past and no one, including the killer, did anything about it.  Some have asked why kill his own family?  I have found in researching suicide that, although fairly common, there is no answer to this question for obvious reasons, but my hypothesis is that disturbed individual kill those they love so they will have sufficent guilt and self-hatred to provide the needed courage to kill themselves.

7 minutes ago, JMSIII said:

Thailand has remarkably low levels of violent crime given its poverty levels and I’ve always contributed that to Buddhism.

Utter nonsense...Thailand has the highest level of violent crime in Asia and is a full 50% higher than Philippines!!!

Pet capital it has a higher Gun death rate than US.

33 minutes ago, Catoni said:

What is this??

Thailand becoming like south side Chicago, U.S.A ??

No not even close.  Chicago's problem with gun related homicides is black gang related.  And that's with Chicago having just about the strictest gun control in the country.  The bad guys will always have guns, because bad guys don't follow the law.  Sadly, Obama wanted to enforce Federal gun control on all of us, but yet his home town of Chicago is the worst in the nation for homicides.  He has done nothing to help Chicago PD be proactive were the violence is.

Sadly in Thailand, Thai's are too quick to become angry and violent.  If this guy didn't have a gun, he would have used a knife or a blunt object.  Mental Illness is the problem.

Archived