Pup needing home urgently

30 minutes ago, Arjen said:

I recently was at a Makro in Pattaya (I do not know if there are more) and there was a foreigner (I think German) who rescues dogs. He has a side car with several dogs and is standing there to get donations. I talked a while with him. 

When you want I can give his contact details in PM.

Good luck!

Arjen.

Yes please     It is one option, I have a couple more I was looking into.  Thought the pup would be long gone,but no   Is going to be a really good dog too,quiet as a mouse and tail wagging all the time    Thanks  Arjen

Edited by ted4647
sp
  • Like 1

Hi Ted4647 (can I be informal and just call you Ted?). OK, I think I can help, however, it would help if you can give me some information regarding the little chap. Has he been brought up in a house, or a covered area, the wife is not too keen on dogs in the house full time. Has he had much contact with other dogs? Finally, I am in Chai Nat, about a 4 hour drive to Pattaya, is there any chance that we might be able to meet somewhere a little closer. OK, really finally, right now we are looking after a frail old man in hospital, would you be able to keep the dog for a few more days. Has he got a name by the way?

Regards.

Planemad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, planemad said:

Hi Ted4647 (can I be informal and just call you Ted?). OK, I think I can help, however, it would help if you can give me some information regarding the little chap. Has he been brought up in a house, or a covered area, the wife is not too keen on dogs in the house full time. Has he had much contact with other dogs? Finally, I am in Chai Nat, about a 4 hour drive to Pattaya, is there any chance that we might be able to meet somewhere a little closer. OK, really finally, right now we are looking after a frail old man in hospital, would you be able to keep the dog for a few more days. Has he got a name by the way?

Regards.

Planemad

Hi, yes he is fine with other dogs,fine in the house too,quiet little chap,tail wags all the time.  De wormed him at start ,so now just ribs and tiny waist,but putting on weight now.  Ill get vaccine,Ill keep him for you.  Yes probably OK for two hour drive,have small car. If you keep in touch,just to confirm you are OK with it all,that would be fine.  No name,too young to come running, will be quite an intelligent mutt I should imagine Thanks    Ted

• Like 1

Hi Ted, I am sorry that this will not be the reply you wanted. The frail old man I mentioned earlier is my Father-In-Law who has been in hospital for a week now with severe respiratory problems, he has now been diagnosed as having TB. My wife and her sister are taking turns to sit with him swapping for day and night shift which means I am traveling to and from the hospital at least twice a day and sometimes 4 times (about 40 km round trip). The outlook for F.i.L does not look like it will be a quick fix and could drag on for weeks, so I hope you can see that I cannot leave the local area for what would be about an 8 hour journey. 

This is not a choice I have made easily, my own little dog (a husky) was recently killed after being bitten by a snake and has left me quite heart broken, I was looking forward to re-homing your little chap to help both of us to move forward, it simply is not to be and again, I am so sorry.

May I suggest that you reinsert this as an advert both in TV Classifieds and Baht and Sold, both are free and will reach a far wider audience than the pet section here.

I cannot apologise enough, good luck Ted, you are clearly a gentleman with a high moral instinct regarding pets, there is nothing more I can say.

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2019 at 10:29 AM, Arjen said:

I recently was at a Makro in Pattaya (I do not know if there are more) and there was a foreigner (I think German) who rescues dogs. He has a side car with several dogs and is standing there to get donations. I talked a while with him. 

When you want I can give his contact details in PM.

Good luck!

Arjen.

Adrian already has a house full of pets , mostly disabled ones. 

• Like 1