How To Disable Power Keys On Keyboard?

opalhort

My son is annoyed with the 3 power keys on his keyboard because he keeps on hitting them accidentally in the heat of his games.

I googled and found a lot of info but I'm not in the mood (not clever enough) to write my own filter driver. Found one (only one!) program "I Hate this key.exe" which appears to be able to solve my son's problem: BUT it is not free!

Does anybody know of a FREE program which could achieve the same purpose?

opalhort

My son is annoyed with the 3 power keys on his keyboard because he keeps on hitting them accidentally in the heat of his games.

I googled and found a lot of info but I'm not in the mood (not clever enough) to write my own filter driver. Found one (only one!) program "I Hate this key.exe" which appears to be able to solve my son's problem: BUT it is not free!

opalhort

The Program: I Hate This Key is FREE, go to this link for download: http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utiliti...e_This_Key.html

opalhort

The Program: I Hate This Key is FREE, go to this link for download: http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utiliti...e_This_Key.html

The free version is very crippled! If you want to disable the power keys you have to pay for the deluxe version at $9.95

opalhort

opalhort

The free version is very crippled! If you want to disable the power keys you have to pay for the deluxe version at $9.95

opalhort

Is US$ 9.95 (THB ~350.00) to much?

Before I try to get something "free" for just THB 350.00 I would like start counting:

1. search on the internet for ?? hour?

2. download may some bull...t how often?

3. also get some Trojan, Spy, Virus pp?

Result: to much HEADACHE and loose of time!

Final: I buy the Original for THB 350.00!!!

A Solution:

take out the key's from the keyboard or use Elephantglue to "tighten" them!!

Is US$ 9.95 (THB ~350.00) to much?

Before I try to get something "free" for just THB 350.00 I would like start counting:

1. search on the internet for ?? hour?

2. download may some bull...t how often?

3. also get some Trojan, Spy, Virus pp?

Result: to much HEADACHE and loose of time!

Final: I buy the Original for THB 350.00!!!

A Solution:

take out the key's from the keyboard or use Elephantglue to "tighten" them!!

Money is not the point, but why pay when the same thing can be found for free?

to your questions:

1. 20 minutes

2. the only bull---t download I made was the program I mentioned because they advertise themselves as "freeware" but the program is actually crippled unless you pay.

3. Never! because all programmes run through screening before installation.

As for your solution: this is exactly what many neighbourhood kids did and my son found it disgusting because it would disfigure his keyboard. That's why he asked me for help to find some software.

opalhort

Maybe I'm wrong but can't you switch off this facility in the BIOS of the P5B?

Regards

/edit//

Just checked and under Power -> APM Configuration -> Power on by PS/2 keyboard [disabled]

Might solve your problem?

Yes this is possible in the BIOS of the P5B, but not in the BIOS my son is using (ASUS MB P4PE2-X)

Anyway, the problem has been solved now with the program tywais suggested.

Thanks for all your input and suggestions.

opalhort