U.S. House passes bills that would end government shutdown, without wall funds

webfact

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh you’re playing the ‘you hate white men’ victim card.

I guess that Trumps rational discussion, pun intended.

no, I'm just questioning where the white man bad nonsense

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A great example of why it is a total waste of time to try to have a rational discussion with "trump" fans. That doesn't mean that everyone that voted for him is like that. We saw that in the midterms when so many independents, more conservative democrats, and more traditional republicans created a historical wave landslide in the house ending the total control of the criminally corrupt demagogue president. 

Historical landslide? I believe Clinton and Obama both lost more than 40 house seats in the midterms. It was a small victory. A purple puddle.

13 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Historical landslide? I believe Clinton and Obama both lost more than 40 house seats in the midterms. It was a small victory. A purple puddle.

Latest House results confirm 2018 wasn't a blue wave. It was a blue tsunami

"This year's 8.6 point House popular vote win for the Democrats is the greatest on record for a minority party heading into an election. This dates all the way back to 1942, when the Clerk of the House started listing the House popular vote in its after-election statistics document. That is, the Democratic performance this year was better than the minority party's in the previous 38 elections."

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/06/politics/latest-house-vote-blue-wave/index.html

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I am measuring in seats changed. The popular vote doesn't matter. CNN? I am sure I can find sites that say differently. 

On the congressional level, the democrats had to contend with Republican gerrymandering. But it's just about impossible to win the electoral college when the margin against you is 8.6 percent.

Which of the facts cited in that article are you going to find disputed elsewhere? But if you're so sure of it, go look.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

On the congressional level, the democrats had to contend with Republican gerrymandering. But it's just about impossible to win the electoral college when the margin against you is 8.6 percent.

Which of the facts cited in that article are you going to find disputed elsewhere? But if you're so sure of it, go look.

The republican seats lost were almost Democrats anyway. They got no love and lost it was really a shame.  The electoral college doesn't matter for the house. It was however put in place by the founding fathers to protect the country from being controlled by the elites back in DC and on the coast. Now it serves a dual purpose with California. If it weren't for the EC Hillary would have gotten away with ignoring PA, WI, MI etc. It functioned very well just as it should have last election.

Anyway make your reply because so long was you reply to every post that's victory in your mind.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

The republican seats lost were almost Democrats anyway. They got no love and lost it was really a shame.  The electoral college doesn't matter for the house. It was however put in place by the founding fathers to protect the country from being controlled by the elites back in DC and on the coast. Now it serves a dual purpose with California. If it weren't for the EC Hillary would have gotten away with ignoring PA, WI, MI etc. It functioned very well just as it should have last election.

Anyway make your reply because so long was you reply to every post that's victory in your mind.

"The electoral college doesn't matter for the house. It was however put in place by the founding fathers to protect the country from being controlled by the elites back in DC and on the coast."

Where did you learn American history from? Fox News? First of all, back when the country was founded, every state except Pennsylvania had some coastline.

image.thumb.png.e0abbc18deda4d4e0ff37e267a61d6cd.png

And the electoral college was established to prevent the slave states from being overwhelmed by the more populous northern states. Remember the 3/5 of a person each slave was reckoned to be in the Constitution? That's what the electoral college was about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

And as for your comment about the Republican seats being almost Democratic. They didn't all used to be almost Democratic though, did they? And Trump certainly accelerated the process.

22 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

The electoral college doesn't matter for the house.

The electoral college may not matter for the house but the vote totals in each state for the house are significant prognistacators of the next election. Trump ain't real popular in the Midwest and Pennsylvania anymore.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Well before that Mexico and America stole that same land from the Native Americans. Waves of millions of unchecked immigrants didn't work out that well for the indigenous population. The USA didn't steal anything from Mexico as it was never legitimately Mexico's land in the first place. 

The entire premise of the feel  good story that America is a melting pot of immigrants  is founded on the genocide basic to this countries birth. That makes it a laughable argument.

I180117c-small-885x600.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cameraman888 said:

This whole border wall government shutdown is a total diversion from all the corruption investigations going on with Criminal Trump. Nobody really cares about the wall except his most deplorable followers who follow his every lie, and believe this jerk president who thinks his followers are all dummies. It's a diversion and Trump often uses diversions to hide the other news going on to keep people from following his criminal activities.

I agree with your statement about his followers, but not your conclusion. I think in this case it is not a diversion, but he is serious. He needs the wall or he is done.

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I agree with your statement about his followers, but not your conclusion. I think in this case it is not a diversion, but he is serious. He needs the wall or he is done.

3 dimensional chess... its both!! ????????????

11 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Do you have any links to back up your "beliefs" or do we have to accept your "beliefs" as Gospel?

11 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

I am measuring in seats changed. The popular vote doesn't matter. CNN? I am sure I can find sites that say differently. 

Then please do so. 

• Like 1