Notiification of address required or no? Not done one in 6 years...

I am worried that I may have misunderstood the notification of address at immigration thing

I have been here for 6 years, getting a Non-Imm O Marriage Visa from Savvanakhet each 15 months. I have not needed to visited the local immigration office in that time. 
I have moved home multiple times, always renting from private landlords. Sometimes not as the leaseholder.  
I did always give my address on my arrival card, but I suspect they don't count for much.

Should I have been visiting the local immigration office at all to notify them of my current/changed addresses? Do I owe them a few rounds of tea?

Thanks guys

If, as you say, you haven't had any dealings with your local immigration office, then there is no need to visit them specifically for address notification purposes.

That said, are you not aware that, after each border bounce with a multi-entry non-O visa for marriage, not only will you be stamped in for 90 days initially, but you can subsequently apply for a 60-day extension at your local immigration office for the purposes of visiting your wife before undertaking another border bounce? By my reckoning that would reduce the number of border bounces you would need to undertake within the lifetime of a multi-entry non-O from 3 to 2.

If you are minded to apply for a 60-day extension after your existing 90-day permission to stay expires, then you would be strongly advised to toddle down to your local immigration office ASAP with a completed TM30 form in hand. However, you do need to be aware that you might then run the risk of being fined - in which case it might be better to hold off doing this until immediately after your next border bounce (and delay applying for an initial 60-day extension until your new 90-day permission to stay is nearing expiry).

Edited by OJAS

25 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

They can't fine the Tennant 

It is the property owners obligation to report Foriegners 

I believe many have been fined.

Both tenant and owner.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, ba ba said:

i have not done one in 14 years and i do not entend to do one, i get my retirement visa from savannakhet also

OJAS when you are doing it this way why would you want to go near an immigration office and stuff up thing, he might be like me, work border bounce into to trips

Me Too.

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Both tenant and owner.

I'm not a tennant, my wife owns the house...do i have to go to the police to tell them where i live? I did it on the visa-non-o papers already and also in the plane.

4 minutes ago, Youlike said:

I'm not a tennant, my wife owns the house...do i have to go to the police to tell them where i live? I did it on the visa-non-o papers already and also in the plane.

Ask Britmantoo, he apparently knows better.

3 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

You need to be reported if you require a certificate of residence for anything.

I went to get a cert of res about the other day and the 1st thing i had to do was report, 1st time in 19 years.

I wasn't asked when I obtained a certificate at Jomtiem 6 months ago. Seems random. 

27 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Your reckoning is wrong, suspect you've never done it, it's 4 bounces.

Start new multi O 1st Jan get 90 days. Just before 90 days get 60 day extension = 5 months.

Get new 90 day entry and then 60 extension = 10 months

Get new 90 day extension. Just before enter by date get another 90 = 

15 months then 60 day extension = 17 months~ish.

You can add up the border hops. ????????

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Both tenant and owner.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

You're wrong.

Wrong in which sense?

I know for a fact that colleagues of mine, foreigners renting houses in Chiang Mai, have been fined at their first TM30 or for a very delayed update. I do not know whether their landlords have been fined too.

My understanding is that you get fined for the TM30 when the responsibility is on you to do it, ie when you own the property.

For tenants, responsibility is on the landlord. How that applies to people couch-surfing, or people staying with a partner whose name is on the lease, I don't know   

I am avoiding getting an extension on my visa now as I do not know if they will want to fine me for not-reporting, as I will then have to go and report every time I re-enter the country or rack up fines again (maybe? I don't know. Hence the thread...)

They do like to make things... awkward

Edited by Vizaviz