Is 90 Days Really 90 Days

Is 90 days 90 calendar days or is it the same date every 3 months?  If you file your TM-47 say 15 days early, when is the next report due, is it now 15 days less than the previous 90 date?  What I would like to see is if say you arrive for the first time on 15/1 the reports would all be on 15/4, 15/7, 15/10 and again on 15/1, or is that too much to hope for?

90 days is 90 days from your last report. So you can add or lose days for your next report by doing the current report within the plus or minus days you're allowed to file the report. 

It would be difficult to manage the reporting so that the due date fell on the same date every three months, but given the reporting window allowed you could probably manage visits to the immigration office on or about the same date ... if you really think it's worth all the effort.

• Like 1

Too much to hope for.

I used to try and synch my 90 Day reports with my Extension renewals but it was too much of a pain in the @** trying to work around weekends and holidays.
They give you a week on each side of the report date so you can go early (or late) or to account for if the date falls on a Sunday or holiday (or bad weather and so on).

One year was a little annoying as I renewed my Extension and got my new Multi Re-entry permit and asked if I could do my 90 day report then as it was due in 10 days.

No.

I could come back in 3 days, or 10 days, or up to 17 days (one week past the due date) but I couldn't do it 10 days ahead of time when I was already there and just renewed my Extension.

I think that works out for them better because otherwise, eventually, 99% of the 90 Day reports would all be due on the 30th (or the 1st, or the 15th) of the month. As it is now, they are scattered throughout the month which cuts down on the daily workload.

Keep in mind that you can do the reports online or by mail as well.

Would be nice if they did something like "Extension +90, +180, +270, +(whatever date your Visa/Extension is due)". Would cut down on one trip to Immigration per year (for some of us).

Or make it a "180 Day" report. Do it when you renew your extension, another report 180 days later and then not again until your next extension (regardless of how many times you may leave and re-enter the country).

• Like 1

Remember that nothing about Thai Immigration procedures is designed to make your life easier. I was flabbergasted that I have managed to complete two successive online 90 day reports, but I know it will all come crashing down when I go to do my next marriage extension. Extra copies of some irrelevant documents will be sure to be required as well as confusion about my financial status due to recent changes. 

You should download the Thaivisa.com 90 day reporting app. It reports automatically online and lets you know it was successful. It can connect to your online banking and download 65,000 bht when the exchange rate is favourable plus it will send this info to immigration so your annual extension will be automatic. It also connects with your digital driving licence, does TM30 reports and lets you know when your GF/Wife is ovulating so you can stay in the bar. ???????????? Big Joke is 51% shareholder.

• Haha 1

In practice 90 days becomes 91 days after a while as 90 is not a multiple of 7 and Immigration is closed in the weekends.

If, for instance, your last visit was on a Monday, you should have to come back in a weekend, which is impossible.

So, if you go back on Monday 13 weeks later, that will be after 91 days.

Anyway as there is a tolerance of one week, in this case you could go from Monday to Friday.

This way I have to do my “90 days” four times in 364 days, just short of a year.

As to visa extensions, you can do them from a month in advance.

9 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

Be aware that the 90 days includes the day you report.

You need to report no later than 89 days later.

You are really reporting that you have been in Thailand for 89 days more. 

Of course you do have 7 days leeway after the reporting date, so it's not imperative to report on the exact date.

14 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

You should download the Thaivisa.com 90 day reporting app. It reports automatically online and lets you know it was successful. It can connect to your online banking and download 65,000 bht when the exchange rate is favourable plus it will send this info to immigration so your annual extension will be automatic. It also connects with your digital driving licence, does TM30 reports and lets you know when your GF/Wife is ovulating so you can stay in the bar. ???????????? Big Joke is 51% shareholder.

I was using that app until I found out that it was sending the 65,000 baht to some guy named Ivan in Moscow.

• Haha 1