Record-Breaking Number Of Americans Want To Get Out Of U.S. Forever

webfact

5 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

The exodus started with Obama....Highest recorded numbers (at that time)....

So, the citation on this thread of 10% under Obama and 11% under 'W" is a lie/ Asking because I have not researched the issue. I'm just thinking you and I are here for a reason...I retired out in 2011, in part due to economics and not wanting to live in a rusting trailer in FL or AZ....

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, webfact said:

Record-Breaking Number Of Americans Want To Get Out Of U.S. Forever

If they just got rid of 1 guy who gained power on the votes of 30% of the population, I'm sure America would be better placed to retain it's residents!

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

The Chinese want to have their babies born in US for some reason, perhaps they've watched Happy Days.

Ha! Yes, and so do the Russians. it has been that way for decades. Watching American movies (one of our biggest exports) and ending up with views of the U.S based on those movies. But even years before, the U.S. was given the name Meiguo and was called the golden land...Ha! Then they came and opened the laundries and worked on building the western section of the transcontinental railroad (that was before the U.S. started passing laws forbidding/restricting Chinese immigration). Any smart person with money would hedge their bets...

People say all sorts of nonsense to pollsters.

When Obama was elected, many conservatives told pollsters by God they'd leave the country.  Not many did.  Now many liberals tell pollsters they want to leave.  Not many will.

29 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

It's even worse. Medical care is free, primary education is excellent and higher education is free or very inexpensive. In some parts of Scandinavia they even give University students living stipends. What a nightmare!

Absolutely right. If those things are important to you, then by all means go for it. But for a lot of people they aren't priorities.  I wouldn't want to live somewhere in which government spending is more than half of the GDP. I'd rather make some of those decisions on my own.  

5 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Seems the Greatest country on earths title seems to be slipping. Cant say I blame them. I wouldn't want to live somewhere with no universal health care, indiscriminate shootings all the time and a leader such as they have right now, just to scratch the surface of the issues.

Stay where you are and reflect on your own grand country. From your wording if sounds like you don't live in the USA or hold US Citizenship. Check the firearms murder rates in the world. The USA does not hold the top 10 in that area. Of course, the USA is always in the news, and a ready topic for citizens from a pip-squeak country full of arm-chair, liberal, better-than-thou critics.

6 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

Well someone got their facts right for once!

Not sure about that ...

The Trump era number is 16%.

The Obama era number was 10%.

Btw, the Gallup website has its own article and full details on the survey results. They do the survey on this regularly, nothing about Trump as the motivation.

One of the more interesting details in the result is alot of the increase during the Trump era is coming from women under age 30....

I guess theyve had enough of his misogynistic, adultering, p***y grabbing, sexual harassment supporting vulgarity.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. If the US is so bad, why are caravans of people walking from central America to try and get in?

I don't think they are having any problems giving out green cards either.

This is just another anti Trump journo writing a pointless piece of not much at all to try and get their anti Trump bias out there.

No, its simply the result of a regular national survey Gallup has done for many years, long before Trump came along.

Its news now only because, Trump's presidency has driven up the numbers of Americans who'd consider leaving to far higher levels than before.

Thats due to Trump's sordid and vulgar presidency, not any partisanship by Gallup.

LOL. If the US is so bad, why are caravans of people walking from central America to try and get in?

I don't think they are having any problems giving out green cards either.

This is just another anti Trump journo writing a pointless piece of not much at all to try and get their anti Trump bias out there.

who said they ONLY  want stop in the states<
prehaps their on their way to Canada

5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

The people who want out often are the most creative or wealthiest. They relocate for tax  and estate planning purposes. Consider the implications of the loss of their taxes on your  social security and medicare benefits, on military budgets etc.. Someone has to pay for your benefits.

You do understand that when Americans leave America they still have to pay income taxes.  Americans and Eritreans, the only two peoples in the world that have to do this and from what I understand the Eritreans aren't really serious about it.  So the Americans living outside of American don't really have the impact on government revenue you seem to imagine.  I'm guessing you're not American, are you?

If the people leaving are expecting to not have to pay income tax they may be the most creative and the most wealthy, but for darn sure they're not the sharpest knives in the drawer ????

IMHO, they are just traveling through usa... They are actually trying to get to Canada, so endlessly better from any point of view ????

26 minutes ago, skatewash said:

You do understand that when Americans leave America they still have to pay income taxes.  Americans and Eritreans, the only two peoples in the world that have to do this and from what I understand the Eritreans aren't really serious about it.  So the Americans living outside of American don't really have the impact on government revenue you seem to imagine.  I'm guessing you're not American, are you?

If the people leaving are expecting to not have to pay income tax they may be the most creative and the most wealthy, but for darn sure they're not the sharpest knives in the drawer ????

As an American who has a retirement in the top 92% I have not had to pay either California or Federal taxes while I file each year. Please explain how you can state "not the sharpest knives in the drawer". Thanks in advance.

I am an American who would like to spend my 'Golden Years' here in Thailand, because there is nothing I fear more than dying with a sense of deep regret, and this next is the important one for this thread, I don't want to leave this world feeling ridiculous.

That's why I don't want to die in America.  I'd like just a little dignity, please.

1 hour ago, JTXR said:

People say all sorts of nonsense to pollsters.

When Obama was elected, many conservatives told pollsters by God they'd leave the country.  Not many did.  Now many liberals tell pollsters they want to leave.  Not many will.

As an Independent tRump supporters scared the F+++ out of me. I decided to see how Thailand compared as an alternate. Respect and the sabai sabai culture persuaded me to relocate. I have many loved one there and fell badly for them. They hate this President with a PASSION. Americans have ZERO respect for opposing views.

1 hour ago, TooPoopedToPop said:

+1

Most of 'em are dumb as dirt ain't they?

Almost as bad as us Gringos.

Having visited and stayed on both the East and Wester Canada. I adore the people;e I met there in comparison to America. You however must have had different experiences, Prey tell?

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

the difference is that the people wanting in are unskilled, uneducated and according to Trump, violent filth. Whereas, the ones who want out are educated, higher income, and contribute to society. See the difference?

And I would add, in italiques:

the difference is that the people wanting in are unskilled, uneducated and have very few options in life, and the USA possibly all that's maybe within the reach of their very stretched individual resources, and according to Trump, violent filth. Whereas, the ones who want out are educated, higher income, and contribute to society. See the difference?

23 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

As an Independent tRump supporters scared the F+++ out of me. I decided to see how Thailand compared as an alternate. Respect and the sabai sabai culture persuaded me to relocate. I have many loved one there and fell badly for them. They hate this President with a PASSION. Americans have ZERO respect for opposing views.

And the current POTUS is strongly fanning that hatred and lack of respect for others / for opposing views. 

I and my friends sat down at a weekly meeting in 1998 to choose where we would move to and some friends moved to Panama, some to Uraguay, some to Ecuador, and I chose Chiang Mai in Thailand.   I have very few regrets and in Chiang Mai, and  In Thailand, I enjoy affordable massage and coconuts, beautiful heart-centred folks, butt squirters, Songkran water play, Yoga and dance, Conscious International Community, Alternative affordable healers, and being surrounded by mountains.   My move away from America had nothing to do with who was president at the time.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The divide between men and women is also telling. Since Trump took office, 20 percent of women would like to leave, compared with 13 percent of men.

I dont blame the women. Have you seen the men?

Image result for big belly guy

8 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

The exodus started with Obama....Highest recorded numbers (at that time)....

I agree. When Obama was elected POTUS in 2008, I immediately made plans to permanently leave the USA for where I am now. Best move I ever made in my life. 

1 minute ago, MikeOKitches said:

I agree. When Obama was elected POTUS in 2008, I immediately made plans to permanently leave the USA for where I am now. Best move I ever made in my life. 

What, about Obama, so strongly influenced you to leave?

Archived