Fatal Accident in Rajadamri Road Yesterday

neupaneaj

After hearing alarming number of fatalities during the New Years holiday another terrible tragedy in the roads of Thailand!!! This time involving a motorbike and van collision as I was walking back to my condominium after dinner.

It appeared that the a Toyota (HiAce) commuter van was trying to make a left to turn in to Rajadamri Soi 2 from the main Rajadamri Road (that runs along BTS line) as it got T-boned by a rather big bike (driven by a foreigner - a Caucasian male) darting down from Ratchaprasong intersection towards Silom. The impact was so severe that the van had flipped with its body crushed all the way in (see pic below). A guy at the scene told me that he heard the impact from his condominium in Hansar which is a good 100 yards from the intersection.

Paramedic and rescue people were busy trying to pry out trapped people inside of the flipped van. Motor bike was in pieces. In a stretcher lay a body on the street - not sure if it was the van passenger or the person on the bike. What was shocking was that the paramedics did not attempt to resuscitate the laying victim right away but rather several minutes later. Shouldn't that have been the first priority? Secondly, they were just pumping the chest and not doing mouth to mouth CPR. I am not a health expert by any means but years ago on my CPR training I was taught to do both - one in succession of another. With all the cops and paramedics I dare not enter the scene but a valuable time was wasted I thought.

Ten minutes later when I return to the scene, they were busy taking picture of a person that had passed away from what appeared to be from chest and neck injury. This I learned was the person on the bike although not sure it was same persons they were doing CPR on earlier. They went through his wallet and bags and took pictures of all his belongings. The laxed attitude of the paramedics and cop was rather strange but then I am sure they deal with this on daily basis given theseIMG_1006.JPG dangerous roads of Thailand.

I make a U-turn at the same place every evening to get to my condominium and realistically speaking you can't see oncoming traffic until you turn so far in that you are blocking the lane (due to them big pillars below the BTS line obstructing the view). Driving is very precarious here.

Does anyone know who and how many died at the scene?

After hearing alarming number of fatalities during the New Years holiday another terrible tragedy in the roads of Thailand!!! This time involving a motorbike and van collision as I was walking back to my condominium after dinner.

It appeared that the a Toyota (HiAce) commuter van was trying to make a left to turn in to Rajadamri Soi 2 from the main Rajadamri Road (that runs along BTS line) as it got T-boned by a rather big bike (driven by a foreigner - a Caucasian male) darting down from Ratchaprasong intersection towards Silom. The impact was so severe that the van had flipped with its body crushed all the way in (see pic below). A guy at the scene told me that he heard the impact from his condominium in Hansar which is a good 100 yards from the intersection.

Paramedic and rescue people were busy trying to pry out trapped people inside of the flipped van. Motor bike was in pieces. In a stretcher lay a body on the street - not sure if it was the van passenger or the person on the bike. What was shocking was that the paramedics did not attempt to resuscitate the laying victim right away but rather several minutes later. Shouldn't that have been the first priority? Secondly, they were just pumping the chest and not doing mouth to mouth CPR. I am not a health expert by any means but years ago on my CPR training I was taught to do both - one in succession of another. With all the cops and paramedics I dare not enter the scene but a valuable time was wasted I thought.

Ten minutes later when I return to the scene, they were busy taking picture of a person that had passed away from what appeared to be from chest and neck injury. This I learned was the person on the bike although not sure it was same persons they were doing CPR on earlier. They went through his wallet and bags and took pictures of all his belongings. The laxed attitude of the paramedics and cop was rather strange but then I am sure they deal with this on daily basis given theseIMG_1006.JPG.5b228464054dfb509ccec534fe9db80d.JPG dangerous roads of Thailand.

I make a U-turn at the same place every evening to get to my condominium and realistically speaking you can't see oncoming traffic until you turn so far in that you are blocking the lane (due to them big pillars below the BTS line obstructing the view). Driving is very precarious here.

Does anyone know who and how many died at the scene?

There's a topic already started on this.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

last year renewal of my CPR course, they actually don't recommend stopping for respirations between  chest compressions, fwiw .

you would think they would carry a defibrillator, if they were the rescue wagon, and not need to do compressions, which might just kill the guy anyway, if he had likely spinal injuries from the impact .......

amazing thailand, probably can find the  photos of page of Thai Rath's  fb page ...... sigh

Edited by chubby
a