RCBO's, Individual Circuit RCBO's, and some questions.

Thainesss

8 hours ago, Thainesss said:

So a wire bridge would basically be a jumper between the level changes, right? What size wire?

As big as you can bend to fit 10mm2 minimum.

These slight differences in parts from different manufacturers are a bit of a pain, but not insurmountable ????

• Thanks 1

My 2 main takeaways from this little project are this:

Im used to working with metal boxes with knockouts that you just tap with side cutters and twist off - done. Clean. 

I didn't really think about the fact that I had a plastic box with plastic knock outs until I had the old box removed and was getting ready to install the new plastic one. I tried a couple small taps, nope. Googled it and people said to use the edge of a flat screw driver on the edge of the knockout to pop it out - that cracked the box on the back about a half inch. This box was hard enough to find and I didnt want to damage it experimenting so I used a bare hacksaw blade. 

So takeaway 1 - ill never use another plastic box. They crack & flex too easily. Ill use a metal box with actual knockouts. 

Takeaway 2 - This box is way too small, all the wires had to be cut to fit, and there isnt any spare wire material in there to change your mind later.

If I ever do another project like this ill plan better and order an oversized cabinet type metal box with real knockouts and plenty of space. 

Oh and time wise I shut off the power at 07:25 and had the power back on and the air-conditioning running at 11:50 while I cleaned up. Would have been done there had the borrowed neutral thing not happened. Overall I had about 8 hours into it. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Thainess said:

Edit your edit, because that's not me. I'm Thainess and I think you meant to address this to Thainesss.

Edit edited (added a note), it was a while ago anyway and the thread has moved on.