Health insurance for expats over 65 in Thailand?

JTXR

I was compating rates with no deductible.

There is no $10,000 a year deductible option for the international plan so if that is what you want, you'd have to go with the Thai plan

The premium you wuote for a $5000 deductible on the intl pkan seems high though. What zone of cover is that for?

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Initially i wanted insurance for very expensive claims, i would pay for all the smaller ones so $10,000 deductible was fine. Depends what you want of course.

The International quote was provided by AA Insure. Looking at the email they mention "April My Health International Essential (inpatient Worldwide excl. USA)"

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Initially i wanted insurance for very expensive claims, i would pay for all the smaller ones so $10,000 deductible was fine. Depends what you want of course.

The International quote was provided by AA Insure. Looking at the email they mention "April My Health International Essential (inpatient Worldwide excl. USA)"

That's the problem I think. Ask about quote for just Zone 3, which is worldwide except for:

Bahamas, Puerto-Rico, United States , Japan, Singapore , Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Hong Kong, United Kingdom, Russia, Switzerland, Saint Barthelemy and Saint Martin.

As I read the situation it is likely at some point in the future that expats will be forced to buy one of 6 placebo policies that are now approved for A-X visas if mandatory insurance goes into effect for all long stay visas and extensions.  

What is the likely hood that any other policies will be approved that offer real coverage and who will make that determination. 

Not looking for facts only looking for best guess from people who have a clue.  It is obvious from my email conversations with insurance companies that they know little about the visas that will determine what policy to make and/or sell and have no credible connections with the Thai authorities that govern expat insurance.  

The reason I want to know this is because I am fast approaching an age where I will be unable to buy coverage (75).  

That's the problem I think. Ask about quote for just Zone 3, which is worldwide except for:
Bahamas, Puerto-Rico, United States , Japan, Singapore , Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Hong Kong, United Kingdom, Russia, Switzerland, Saint Barthelemy and Saint Martin.
Thanks for highlighting that, the agent only gave me one option. I've emailed back requesting zone 3, see what they say

The quotes for zone 3 came back the same for age 49

The premiums for the My Health International Essential Plan (Inpatient only), Zone 3 are as follows:

Premium in USD Deductible in USD

1735.00 0

1410.50 500

1329.50 1000

1248.40 2500

1167.30 5000

If Zone 3 quote came back the same it must have been a zone 3 quote to begin with (which makes sense, for someone living in Thailand). It definitely costs more to include Zones 1 and 2.  In know because I looked into it as I would have included it if the cost had nto been much more (nice to have a Singapore option). But it was a lot more.

Archived