Help with teaching license

jmgore1

Not sure where to post this.  I had worked a number of years from 2011 to 2018 in Thailand, mostly at 2 schools.  Neither school filled out paperwork to complete for teaching license at Krusapa (Thai Coucil Teachers).  They always had an excuse like they would at the end of my contract.  I now lost out on a great job opportunity when I returned to Thailand from another SE Asian country.  The school was going to hire me until they found out I had used three temporary licenses and had not obtained a license.  

It is my understanding you must be employed by a school to get your teaching license.  I have a Thai wife and want to return to Thailand.  How do I get my Thai teaching license from Krusapa?  Help Please.

On 1/9/2019 at 2:17 AM, jmgore1 said:

It is my understanding you must be employed by a school to get your teaching license.

That's correct. A temporary teaching permit a.k.a. provisonal teaching permit a.k.a waiver is a permission given by The Teachers' Council of Thailand to the OBEC school, to employ you as a teacher whilst not having a teacher license as required by law. When you change schools, a new temporary teaching permit has to be applied for by the new school.

Archived