Shampoo rip off

owl sees all

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's around this time of night when serious topics get ripped to pieces by the bar-stool crowd.

Last evening it was the same with some unmentionable innuendo. So much so that a mod had to step in, to restore calm.

I'm off to shower now and then to bed by 7-45.

I'll report back about the 2 litre canister tomorrow.

Good night to the team and may the force be with you.

I still have as many hair follicles as I did in my 20s. But for comfort and ease, I go for a No. 2 once a month...70Bht. Even though like you, I shower twice a day, I only use shampoo once a week. The hair's still there, and growing regularly.

I used to go for a skinhead every 3 weeks/month 80 baht but my barber sold up and I tried another shop and was not impressed ( their hygiene left a lot to be desired) so I bought a rechargeable hair trimmer back in the uk and the gf cuts it now.

I shower at least twice a day, sometimes more if I’m working in the garden but only use shampoo in the morning.

9 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Last evening it was the same with some unmentionable innuendo. So much so that a mod had to step in, to restore calm.

The innuendo was fine, it was the off topic part.....maybe Ill start a new Topic

1 hour ago, steve73 said:

Shampoo is good for anywhere (at least if you have some body hair).  Soap is terrible for hair... makes it very dry & stiff, which is fine if you want to "style" it...assuming you have some on top of course.

I was reading an industry newsletter that Proctor and Gamble are introducing a new addition to their globally successful "Head & Shoulders" shampoo product line. It's aimed at the follicly challenged and will simply be called "Shoulders".

Just now, NanLaew said:

I was reading an industry newsletter that Proctor and Gamble are introducing a new addition to their globally successful "Head & Shoulders" shampoo product line. It's aimed at the follicly challenged and will simply be called "Shoulders".

Thank God for that ! Be a bit uncomfortable asking a female assistant for "head" wouldnt it.....????

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

I try my best !   lol    I think Benroon had seen the humour in my post. You obviously had not.

Again no no no. Of course I saw it. The hair on your forehead is interfering with reception.

On 1/10/2019 at 11:21 AM, owl sees all said:

I'm going to check this out KK. My wife says it is 1 litre but she doesn't share my fact-finding enthusiasm in all this. And could be saying anything 'cause she don't use it; or care even. 

I've just checked the mouthwash and some of the water bottles. They are fine. It's just the shampoo. And this container is also used for conditioner; but I don't use that.

Bravo, this is the kind of investigative reporting we need more of.........Bravo Owl

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I'm glad you feel that €250 a litre is an OK price just to 'splash it on all over'. I hope you are standing in a bowl when you administer it. Wouldn't want any running off your body and down the plug-hole at that price. Then you wash it all off and you'd be lucky to smell of any wood at all, never mind old stuff.

Try the shampoo from Happy Mart, and treat yourself to a flagon of Lao Khow with the savings.

You must be from one of those hoity-toity provinces. €250 a litre. What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather drink it than,,,,. Fainted!

I grew up in New England, the Glorious State of Rhode Island - and growing up with the fragrance of English Leather cologne and Body Soap..............

12 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I grew up in New England, the Glorious State of Rhode Island - and growing up with the fragrance of English Leather cologne and Body Soap..............

It might have been English Leather for you, but for us Brits it was IMPERIAL Leather. Reminds me of me Mum. X

2 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

It might have been English Leather for you, but for us Brits it was IMPERIAL Leather. Reminds me of me Mum. X

Looks like we are both right, but I only remember boys & men using it.

On 1/10/2019 at 10:54 AM, owl sees all said:

I'll confront the shop that is complicit in all this.

No no  nooooooooooo just get out as  soon as you can, theyll surely inform the mafia/police/ to "do you in"

On 1/10/2019 at 11:42 AM, geriatrickid said:

Too bad you don't put as much effort into knowing what the actual ingredients are in the chemical concoction you are using.  @ 40 baht, I doubt you are getting anything considered "safe" in markets where such things count. Many of the fragrances used in the cheap perfumes and scents available in Asia are derived from very dangerous chemicals.

are you sure that there is any safe shampoo or detergent that you don't do yourself with natural products ?!

By the way, what are the cheapest prices that you have found for

- liquid and bar soap

- shampoo

- shaving cream

- clothes detergent

- home detergent

- toothpaste

I want to buy a ton for charity and I am wondering if there is cheaper than Makro ? Where ?

Thank you <3

6 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Dear Owl,

I admire your writing prowess-it is positively Dickensian!

I almost expected you to commence with..

"It was the best of shampoos,it was the worst of shampoos.."

But we have skipped that to 'Jarndyce V. Jarndyce"

Well done and I must say that I am enjoying the thread immensely..

I am surprised he didn't write

"It is a far, far better shampoo than I have ever used, it is a far, far better lather than I  have ever known.”

This whole thread has been frothing with wit.

(Owl, try saying that after a few lao khao and fruit juice bevvies)

46 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do recall a customer in the USA sued Heinz because the content of the bottles of ketchup were routinely less (by about 1%) than what was stated on the label .

Think they got 100's Millions $ in compensation 

Lots of unsubstantiated allegations of short measures and scams in this topic.

At least you quoted the sauce.

Archived