U.S. House panel eyes reported FBI probe of Trump

rooster59

10 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

^ Just to add detail of what Mueller has probably already done or is ready to do to make sure Trump with his huge legal team and the power of the President cannot quash or hide his report:

1.  He could try to indict Trump, which would ensure the results are made public (the worst outcome for Trump).

2. As mentioned by Chomper above, the subpoena power of Congress, yes, but Mueller could have and probably did already preemptively place under sealed indictment or other methods, a report of important or salient points or evidence, so that in any event Congress will see those. His full report may not be as important as fatal blows contained therein.

3. Carefully crafted and prepared leaks that will go out to trusted journalists should Trump fire Mueller or otherwise quash his report.

I'm sure there are many more things he has done. The truth will out.

Add:

Open testimony in court trials of Trump’s co-conspirators.

Cohen’s testimony before the House.

Purjury trials arising from the release (with bipartisan support) to Mueller of  testimony made to the House Intelligence Comittee.

• Like 2

I remember when that secret Oval Office meeting with the Russians happened, Lavrov made some sort of arrogant up yours comment to the press as he was entering.  Within hours of the meeting US intelligence determined DT passed on confidential info, anyone who has read LeCarre's Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is familiar with the way they played it -- yeah, as obvious as that!

And I'm enraged, saying "That's it?  They're just gonna let him get away with it!?"

I feel a little better now.

And yes, I've been suspecting that US military and intelligence have been restricting info passed to the WH as strictly need-to-know.

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, keemapoot said:

^ Just to add detail of what Mueller has probably already done or is ready to do to make sure Trump with his huge legal team and the power of the President cannot quash or hide his report:

1.  He could try to indict Trump, which would ensure the results are made public (the worst outcome for Trump).

2. As mentioned by Chomper above, the subpoena power of Congress, yes, but Mueller could have and probably did already preemptively place under sealed indictment or other methods, a report of important or salient points or evidence, so that in any event Congress will see those. His full report may not be as important as fatal blows contained therein.

3. Carefully crafted and prepared leaks that will go out to trusted journalists should Trump fire Mueller or otherwise quash his report.

I'm sure there are many more things he has done. The truth will out. Maybe some have seen legal drama or crime drama movies which depict the strategic story board, matrices, flow charts and other techniques used in legal war rooms. The very first thing Mueller did on day one was set up a war room for his senior brain trust. That inner circle started the end-game strategy of ensuring the truth gets out and to Congress from day one, before Trump's legal team had a chance to even start on this, which they are doing late in the game.

The indictment would be sealed until Trump left office.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Kelsall said:

The indictment would be sealed until Trump left office.

Good point, but there may be both federal and state indictments, and he won't skate on a state indictment. Also, if the evidence is strong enough in the federal indictment, that evidence will be replicated and detailed in the report to Congress, and Congress failing to impeach would be almost impossible, so the best path for Trump becomes resigning with an automatic felony pardon from Pence.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

Good point, but there may be both federal and state indictments, and he won't skate on a state indictment. Also, if the evidence is strong enough in the federal indictment, that evidence will be replicated and detailed in the report to Congress, and Congress failing to impeach would be almost impossible, so the best path for Trump becomes resigning with an automatic felony pardon from Pence.

Unless of course ‘Pence’ is a co-conspirator.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

So what happened, guys?  Was Trump was born in Russia and sent here or did they flip him here as a teen in military school or did he flip himself at age 70 because the Communist light bulb went off?

I think it was his debilitating bone spur condition, poor thing.

Edited by Becker
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I realize you are trying to bait me, but in case your Google doesn't work. Try this

https://wjla.com/news/nation-world/25-leaks-about-the-mueller-investigation-and-the-problems-they-may-cause

????... Which simply highlights the problems you have with internet searches.... juicy soundbite... not so juicy inside.

• Like 2