Brexit bedlam - May's EU divorce deal crushed by 230 votes in parliament

webfact

1 hour ago, rixalex said:

if the 2016 referendum isn't enacted first, as was promised, the precedent is set that referendum results need not be implemented.

As long as it is the wish of the people, I don’t see an issue with that.

The moment any future referendum result is announced, the losing side can simply block and obstruct the decision being enacted

No, they can’t. 

and call for another vote.

If you don’t appreciate freedom of speech, maybe consider China or Russia your new home. 

A stupid thing to do of course, not accepting the result, but validated and justified by the fact that it has happened already thanks to the wishes of people like you, unable to accept the 2016 vote.

I doubt you have any proof that anyone has not accepted the result. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Image result for telephone toilet

aside,

in Pattaya there is a bar called Telephone Box, its up relatively close to Sukhumvit,

Pattaya Klang soi 4 if I remember correctly,

its a private bar, you ust ring the bell and be admitted

anyway,

the entrance is through one of those UK telephone boxes

weird bit about the bar is that hostesses are completely naked

12 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

aside,

in Pattaya there is a bar called Telephone Box, its up relatively close to Sukhumvit,

anyway,

That used to happen to this bloke quite a lot...

Related image

29 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

aside,

anyway,

Yes, that's the one in the picture. Outside loo. Inside??

Oh, by the way, it's Pattaya Tai Soi 4 if you are thinking of returning.

35 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes, that's the one in the picture. Outside loo. Inside??

Oh, by the way, it's Pattaya Tai Soi 4 if you are thinking of returning.

whatever, always listen to the frequent visitors,   soi 4 Tai

ta

12 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

The bar is called : " Le Téléphone ";

girls don't wear knickers/panties and drop their tunic when you pay them a drink.

whatever, I am not fussy

what I find with google is "The telephone bar", but I know that the original owner was French.

Been there twice, all hostesses were stark naked.

relaxing venue - no Brexit on the agenda

6 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

whatever, I am not fussy

what I find with google is "The telephone bar", but I know that the original owner was French.

Been there twice, all hostesses were stark naked.

relaxing venue - no Brexit on the agenda

Have just pm'd you a female proffessor giving a brexit speech naked, dare not put it up on here.

20 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

ta

quite enjoy naked professors

I'd better hurry up and open my new bar in Pattaya, where the hostess are all naked professors who will have long stimulating intellectual conversations with you as long as you keep buying them drinks...   

8 hours ago, rixalex said:

I've "resorted to the trolling accusation" because the definition of trolling is posting inflammatory and off topic remarks with the intention of provoking anger that derails discussion. Claiming that a question you asked hasn't been answered, when it demonstrably has, multiple times, purely because you don't like or agree with the answer, IS trolling, and is the last resort of a person who can't, for whatever reason, engage in the debate.

Let me give you some help overcoming this trolling tendency of yours.

So, one of my reasons, as you know from my repeated mentions of it, for not wanting another referendum, is that if the 2016 referendum isn't enacted first, as was promised, the precedent is set that referendum results need not be implemented. The moment any future referendum result is announced, the losing side can simply block and obstruct the decision being enacted and call for another vote. A stupid thing to do of course, not accepting the result, but validated and justified by the fact that it has happened already thanks to the wishes of people like you, unable to accept the 2016 vote.

Now, rather than lying and saying your question hasn't been answered, have a go at completing this line of argument, if you can...

"Thank you rixalex (and others) for answering my question. The reason why I disagree with you on the point you made that all future referendums will be undermined and therefore pointless, if we don't enact the 2016 vote first, before having another referendum, is I think that......"

Alternatively just lie again and claim your question hasn't been answered. Up to you.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you believe that I am trolling, and therefore breaking the forum rules, you know where the 'report post' button is. But maybe you've already tried that and failed?

Having a second referendum on whether to accept whatever deal is agreed, leaving with no deal or cancelling the whole thing altogether is allowing the people their democratic say on one of the most important decisions this country will make. Referenda are not common in this country, that we had one at all in 2016 set the precedent; or actually the 1975 one did.

As I said, it is obvious why you don't want to allow the people that democratic say; you are scared that you will lose!

The truth is if you were confident of winning you would have no objections to a referendum which you believed would only confirm your chosen path.

You can deny that truth as much as you like, but you are convincing no one; least of all yourself.

4 hours ago, 7by7 said:

If you believe that I am trolling, and therefore breaking the forum rules, you know where the 'report post' button is. But maybe you've already tried that and failed?

Having a second referendum on whether to accept whatever deal is agreed, leaving with no deal or cancelling the whole thing altogether is allowing the people their democratic say on one of the most important decisions this country will make. Referenda are not common in this country, that we had one at all in 2016 set the precedent; or actually the 1975 one did.

As I said, it is obvious why you don't want to allow the people that democratic say; you are scared that you will lose!

The truth is if you were confident of winning you would have no objections to a referendum which you believed would only confirm your chosen path.

You can deny that truth as much as you like, but you are convincing no one; least of all yourself.

He convinced me. Minus 1 for your team. 1️⃣

On 2/10/2019 at 11:18 AM, welovesundaysatspace said:

As long as it is the wish of the people, I don’t see an issue with that.

Since you don't see an issue with the wish of the people in 2016 being ignored, i have no reason to believe you would think any differently with any other vote that didn't go your way.

Just carry on ignoring the wish of the people until they agree with you.

19 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Yes you are trolling, but no, i haven't reported you. Sorry to disappoint.

19 hours ago, 7by7 said:

"Thank you rixalex (and others) for answering my question. The reason why I disagree with you on the point you made that all future referendums will be undermined and therefore pointless, if we don't enact the 2016 vote first, before having another referendum, is I think that......"

Incapable of answering then it is.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:45 PM, nauseus said:

Looks like two of you agree with him as your post was liked by all of one person!

So that's three of you who think denial is just a river in Africa.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:15 AM, rixalex said:

Incapable of answering then it is.

Already answered, several times; but you choose to ignore it.

I will repeat, although I expect you will ignore the answer agai8n.

The time to rectify a mistake is before the consequences become too great to rectify; particularly when the margin was so small..

Leaving the EU is the biggest mistake the UK will have made since Chamberlain waved that bit of paper at Croydon Aerodrome.

The difference between you and me is that I want to give the British people the chance to rectify the mistake; whether or not they take that chance is up to them.

You don't want to give them that chance and the reason is obvious. It's because deep down you are scared that they will seize the chance and vote by an overwhelming majority to cancel Article 50 and remain.

Of course, if the majority was to leave, with or without a deal, then I would accept that as this time the decision would be based upon all the facts, what would happen if we left with a deal, without a deal or if we remained.

Unlike last time when the Leave campaign concentrated on what bastards the EU were and was headed by people who had no idea what to do if they won!

N.B. The Remain campaign weren't much better; they should have concentrated more on the benefits of membership and less on what we would lose by leaving.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:12 AM, rixalex said:

Yes you are trolling, but no, i haven't reported you. Sorry to disappoint.

I see, so you are simply falling back on the pathetic trolling accusation because you are confounded by my arguments and have no real response to them.

48 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Looks like two of you agree with him as your post was liked by all of one person!

So that's three of you who think denial is just a river in Africa.

Damn, I didn't know we were like counting!

23 hours ago, nauseus said:

Damn, I didn't know we were like counting!

Really?

So what did you mean by 

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:45 PM, nauseus said:

?

10 minutes ago, nauseus said:

That was a score. Not a "like". You are confused as always. Back to bed.

A score which you said we were not counting!

Yet again, you contradict yourself in a desperate attempt to repair one of your cock ups.

On 2/11/2019 at 1:59 PM, rixalex said:

Since you don't see an issue with the wish of the people in 2016 being ignored, i have no reason to believe you would think any differently with any other vote that didn't go your way.

Just carry on ignoring the wish of the people until they agree with you.

I explicitly said to not ignore the wish of the people, the wish to change their decision from 2016. I think you or others were promoting the idea of ignoring their wish. 

Archived