Driving slowly in high-speed lane to soon become a punishable offence

snoop1130

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This morning I was driving 100km/h on the Bypass in Phuket where you are allowed to drive 50, I could not get to the slow lane because it was full of scooters, the cars behind me where all flashing with their lights because I was upholding the traffic, I guess I would now get a fine for driving "slowly" on the fast lane. 

I also hate the drivers who drive far too slow, like going 40-50 on the main road where 80 is the limit....they should use the frontroad or better take a taxi. Taxi's also like to drive too slow when they are searching for customers. And those tricycles who recycle old crap should be banned totally.

Ha ha that is funny who is going to enforce it?  The police don’t enforce the law about motor bikes and cars driving on the sidewalk/pavement. They don’t enforce the law about helmets for motorbikes. The only law they enforce is the tea money same oh same oh

9 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

but here i am just proclaiming the problem is people going to fast in the fast lane and expecting every damn driver in the world to roll out the red carpet and get out of their way

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

When on the highway / express way the left most lane is the driving lane... and other lane is an over taking lane....

Meetings

Conferences

Boozy get togethers 

Plenty of bla bla bla

Plenty of insane ideas

Did they forget you have to slow down in fast lane when making a U-Turn

Vehicles start to slow down for their U-turn with 2k of road to go

All these meetings and conferences achieve zero. 

The road deaths are increasing.

The Police are doing nothing. 

Kids no helmets made to do press-ups as punishment LOL.

And these guys are paid ??? For what ??

I was driving back from Bangkok just past Ayuttaya and this nobhead in a black vios shot past at about 140 .

Just after there was a police check and cars were getting fined for speeding.

I thought that black vios will be paying a fine but nope he was in the next lane to us and he wound down his window and my wife said he's police (short hair,tight white t-shirt the size for a 12 year old).

He smiled and 2 minutes later he shot past again.

Way to go what a joke this country is but lets not forget they are sorting out those pesky bicyclists all drunk and falling into bushes.

500 baht that'll teach em..

And who is going to enforce this law, when they can't / won't do anything about the existing laws. No helmets, no lights, cars trucks buses blowing out black smoke.

You never see a highway policeman at night, if you do they are asleep parked on the side of the road in there nice comfortable Toyota

"Many NLA members also called for motorists hogging the right-hand lane at low speed to be punished and for heavily loaded trucks to be kept off the right-hand lane."

Of course ... these guys have to have somewhere to test out the pace of their new Mercedes !

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

a review of using CCTV images to issue tickets as some motorists claim they were not driving at the time of the offence and measures allowing officers’ discretion in case of such error. 

We all know how that works don't we........:whistling::smile:

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

But most of the time this isn't the issue.

Coming up (at a legal 120kph) upon someone in the right hand lane doing 80 (or even less) is.

Try hogging outside or centre lanes in the UK and you'll get a fine (even if you are driving at the speed limit).

UK along with most westernized countries, have robust and effective enforcement.

Here we are still waiting to see that, especially when it comes to moving traffic offences. Such transgressions require active mobile policing, not roadblock policing.

Many lessons yet to be learned here.

10 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

I have been in one accident in my entire life. One accident in 40 years of driving.

The reason... some <deleted> was coming up behind me at about 110mph, I got over out of the fast lane. It was raining and the guy in the slow lane was a putt putt vehicle that was crawling. I am fully bearing responsibility for my own accident, but here i am just proclaiming the problem is people going to fast in the fast lane and expecting every damn driver in the world to roll out the red carpet and get out of their way (after flickering their brights).

Nothing makes me mash my teeth more. If you are heavily speeding in the fast lane and want people to get out of your way, <deleted> you. You are not in the right! 

Maybe what you are calling the fast lane was actually the over taking lane and you had no rights to be there. 

7 minutes ago, kamahele said:

Great, but how will they enforce this as most police do not have access to a police car.

1) mentioned in the article, cameras

2)stand in the median during rush hour collecting fines as motorists waddle by, with the occasional officer being hit by a car using the median to pass.

7 minutes ago, kamahele said:

Great, but how will they enforce this as most police do not have access to a police car.

1) mentioned in the article, cameras

2)stand in the median during rush hour collecting fines as motorists waddle by, with the occasional officer being hit by a car using the median to pass.

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Police representative Pol Maj-General Ekkalak Limsankart also called for new regulations to be issued

Same old tired routine - some career official 'calling' for more regulation and forming special committee's to 'consider' the new law. However the Maj-Gen seems to ignore the fact that Thailand does not enforce it's laws. The lion has no teeth!

Oh and let's get our priorities straight - let's get those pesky drunk bicyclists!

10 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

people going to fast in the fast lane and expecting every damn driver in the world to roll out the red carpet and get out of their way (after flickering their brights).

dont know if things changed but on the german highway it was a pleasure to see slower fast lane vehicles allow faster ones to pass. signalling a left turn or maybe flashing lights was all that was needed.  isnt that the way it should be done? not about rolling out the red carpet

"He also said that many motorists ignored traffic tickets until their driving score drops so low that their driver’s licence needs to be suspended. "

I have a Thai license and I drive here since 30 years. I never heard about this "score". Can someone explain ?

There are many dual carriageways in LOS - indeed most of them - where the leftmost lane is worn out, patched and ridged, such that using it at any speed is a nightmare and destroys the vehicles suspension. That is why the majority are glued to the right lanes.

All due to poor workmanship, graft, and overloaded vehicles.

Archived