Pattaya reviews accessibility efforts with disabled residents

Rimmer

Pattaya reviews accessibility efforts with disabled residents

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya officials and representatives of disabled residents met to check on the progress of projects to improve accessibility and improve the quality of life for the disabled.

Deputy Mayor Banlue Kullavanijaya chaired the Jan. 8 meeting of city administrators, social workers and tourism officials who met with local residents who are physically or mentally disabled, blind, deaf or autistic.

Officials provided briefings on various projects, such as Dongtan Beach’s redevelopment, which includes three ramps leading to the beach and parking for the disabled.

Also discussed was improvements in sidewalks on North Road, wheelchair ramps at the Pattaya Youth Sports Center and the wheelchair-accessible overpass on Sukhumvit Road.

The meeting also discussed ways to provide learning equipment to Redemptorist Technological College so students there could study with non-disabled students at other schools, thus helping them integrate better into society. (PCPR)

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2019-01-18

Pattaya Immigration might be a contender! There is a ramp at the entrance but it is not practical being very steep. I doubt an electric chair could get up, or a disabled person using the strength of his/her arms, in fact it might take 4 people helping. 

Pattaya Immigration might be a contender! There is a ramp at the entrance but it is not practical being very steep. I doubt an electric chair could get up, or a disabled person using the strength of his/her arms, in fact it might take 4 people helping. 
To much force would result in a chair back flip. It's hard enough to walk up and the angle is unbelievable

On 1/18/2019 at 2:36 PM, jacko45k said:

this ramp is a complete joke.....just how does a disabled person ACTUALLY manage to get into the Immigraion Department....!!

this ramp is a complete joke.....just how does a disabled person ACTUALLY manage to get into the Immigraion Department....!!
I read that if you can get someone to take your paperwork to the front desk and explain your situation that IO will sort it out in the car park.. But who wants to sit in that heat

Archived