farang kids adoption by Thai - European kids adoption by Thai ? Buy land ?

NaDu

29 minutes ago, NaDu said:

so when there is a serious questions on this forum nobody has a clue ?!

should I talk about a bar girl I fell in love instead ?

????

Well you're not exactly endearing yourself to ThaiVisa.com members and encoraging favorable responses with that comment..... accusing us all of being more interested in 'bar girls' than your need to circumnavigate Thai law by having a Thai adopting a child and placing land in that Childs name.... 

Perhaps you feel entitled to an answer ???? its your right ?

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:02 PM, NaDu said:

????

Maybe you should change your aggressive attitude, so people would be more willing to help you.

I guess that if a thai family officially adopt a non thai kid, they would be able to apply for citizenship for the child and once the child is a thai citizen he/she would have all thai privileges and limits. However, once any property is registered under a minor's name, that property can't be sold or mortgaged without a court approval.

The childs own country adoption regulators would have their own criteria for adoption. As with most countries it isnt an easy thing to do as the childs interest is of utmost importance. Unless its a very well to do Thai with connections to the childs home country I think the original question is probably a moot point.

On 1/20/2019 at 5:02 PM, NaDu said:

????

this remark you make tells more about you and your view on things as well that I think it is that you underestimate the people in the forum.

the answer to your question is yes they can in the same way as Thai children can when you have doen all the paper work correctly, which takes lot of times and costs.

the question that pops up is why do you not adopt Thai children is more logic to do..

1 hour ago, LukKrueng said:

I guess that if a thai family officially adopt a non thai kid, they would be able to apply for citizenship for the child and once the child is a thai citizen he/she would have all thai privileges and limits. However, once any property is registered under a minor's name, that property can't be sold or mortgaged without a court approval.

Some further points that might be relevant:

- Are / were both parents foreigners but the child was born on Thai soil.

- Was the child born on Thai soil but basically abandoned and raised long term by Thai folks? And perhaps with the Thai folks holding guardianship documents?

- Was the child born on Thai soil but both parents died when the child was young and the child was raised long term by Thai folks? 

- Was the child NOT born on Thai soil but basically abandoned and raised long term by Thai folks?

etc., etc.

Perhaps these points might have some influence if the matter went before an appropriate court or committee? 

On 1/20/2019 at 11:02 PM, NaDu said:

????

Due to lack of responses Im guessing that your question is rather specific and not a common situation., maybe try asking a lawyer?

I understand the OP 's disappointment for not getting a very fast response.  and it's true you all must admit that a bar girl story gets more post and attention then hard to answer questions like this. And someone saying he is trying to circumvent the law is stupid &$@ hole. 

So many of you say not to buy land or house in her name but yet this guy is trying to find a way maybe to put assets in children's name and you accused him of doing wrong.   

If someone had a question like this where else would you suggest he asked except a lawyer?  

32 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I understand the OP 's disappointment for not getting a very fast response.  and it's true you all must admit that a bar girl story gets more post and attention then hard to answer questions like this. And someone saying he is trying to circumvent the law is stupid &$@ hole. 

So many of you say not to buy land or house in her name but yet this guy is trying to find a way maybe to put assets in children's name and you accused him of doing wrong.   

If someone had a question like this where else would you suggest he asked except a lawyer?  

You do understand that for a child to be adopted by somebody, the parent has to give away and loose any saying about the child.

On 1/19/2019 at 11:44 AM, NaDu said:

do you know if it is possible for a Thai to legally adopt a farang kid that would then be able to buy and own land ?

If the child become a Thai citizen, it should be possible, but under guardian until the child is 20 years old.

An experience real estate law firm should be able to give you a qualified reply, and inform you about legal details.

On 1/19/2019 at 5:44 PM, NaDu said:

do you know if it is possible for a Thai to legally adopt a farang kid that would then be able to buy and own land ?

You are asking two questions. Firstly, is it possible to adopt?

The chances are that you are talking about adopting from a Hague Convention country to a non Hague Convention country.

That is going to be difficult, as the "sending" country will have their own strict criteria for out of Convention countries. For example, some "sending" countries will specify the child must be an orphan. So to answer your question, it's not impossible, but improbable.

Onto the second part of your question: If the improbable did happen, the child would be granted Thai citizenship. Once that happens,  they can own land.

As has been stated though, you need Court permission to sell such land or place an encumbrance on it. Such permission is not given lightly or routinely.

Okay, Okay  I'll answer you  Not NO but you know what NO!!  now that is said, what is this another concocted scheme to circumvent the Thai Laws??  BUT if the Farang kids obtain Thai Citizenship, and become Thai, they can buy land for sure.  When they are old enough.

Archived