Trump proposes wall-for-DACA in bid to end U.S. government shutdown

rooster59

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Democrats don't want border security then they should change the laws to facilitate illegal immigration by making it legal. 

Like most "liberal views" they contradict themselves and are illogical.

They either support immigration controls and the stopping of illegal immigration or they don't. 

But that's not the point. It's just another chip in political card game of deals.

11 hours ago, Kelsall said:

You're right.  However Pelosi can't compromise because her hatred of Trump won't let her.  It's all about the hate.  Pelosi and her followers hate Trump and really don't care about the country.

So, unless the haters can get over their hate and do what's right, the next step will be for Trump to declare an emergency and build the wall.  It has to be done.

Well the clown is just as solid in his obvious and vocal hate for obama, so no contest.

...build the wall... it has to be done...

That's not fact, it's just your opinion, many many people don't agree. 

A question: 'Will the wall (at beyond belief cost) really stop illegal immigration?'

12 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

If the Democrats don't want border security then they should change the laws to facilitate illegal immigration by making it legal. 

They either support immigration controls and the stopping of illegal immigration or they don't. 

But that's not the point. It's just another chip in political card game of deals.

Again that nonsense that liberals don't want border security. This is not a discussion, it is one way traffic with the Trump supporters not listening at all, just sprouting the same incorrect mantra over and over again.

16 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Somebody else peddling the lie that Dems don’t support immigration control.

I’d tell you to go read the Government Finance Bill with its increased funding for border security, but you’re in full blown blame the Dems mode.

Pitty your man in the WH didn’t build your wall when he had a majority in both House and Senate!

30 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The bright and shining fact Illiberals need to get their heads around.

Trump had two years with a majority in both House and Senate, and he couldn’t get his wall built.

You are not getting your wall and it’s not th fault of the Democrats that you are not getting your wall.

Another dem talking point barfed up here like peolsi herself. 

We. Had. A. Simple. Majority. 

Republicans needed 60 votes, aka Democrat votes. 

14 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Trump Steaks

Trump Water

New Jersey Generals

Tour de Trump Bike Race

ACN & TrumpNet

Trump Board Game

Trump University

Trump Magazine

Trump Vodka

Trump Airlines

Trump Border Wall

Now the list is complete.  This is a list of ventures that Trump started up, even though he had absolutely no experience in any of them.  The border wall is a classic example of sinking many billions of dollars into a scheme that might prevent scant few from crossing the border.  In short, it's not worth the money.

Democrats support smart, cost-effective immigration controls, whether you acknowledge it or not.

18 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

???????????? what you smokin this fine evening?

all dems support border security and want laws in place to prevent illegal immigration... name one that does not.

19 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Which views are illogical and contradictory.... can you chew gum and drive at the same time? Name an illogical contradictory view.

20 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Again... what you smokin?

dems support immigration control.... name one that does not.

21 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Hey,! The weed seems to be wearing off.... this is pretty correct... I wonder who will win the hand. 

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Again that nonsense that liberals don't want border security. This is not a discussion, it is one way traffic with the Trump supporters not listening at all, just sprouting the same incorrect mantra over and over again.

It's true as the sky is blue. If you guys had control, nothing would be done. You'd probably make it easier. 

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Somebody else peddling the lie that Dems don’t support immigration control.

I’d tell you to go read the Government Finance Bill with its increased funding for border security, but you’re in full blown blame the Dems mode.

Pitty your man in the WH didn’t build your wall when he had a majority in both House and Senate!

Increases border security by adding judges, courts, medical, travel, transport and everything else you'd need to process more predominately ineligible asylum seekers. I fail to see how that will fix anything, and will do nothing at all to take the incentive out of trying. And add billions and billions and billions of dollars in operational costs. 

56 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Must be extremely hard being a liberal and the mental gymnastics it involves. 

True, using your brain can be hard sometimes. Nevertheless, may I suggest to the MAWA guys that you try it sometimes. Who knows - maybe you'll have an epiphany!

9 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

It's true as the sky is blue. If you guys had control, nothing would be done. You'd probably make it easier. 

Increases border security by adding judges, courts, medical, travel, transport and everything else you'd need to process more predominately ineligible asylum seekers. I fail to see how that will fix anything, and will do nothing at all to take the incentive out of trying. And add billions and billions and billions of dollars in operational costs. 

I suggested earlier you read the text of the finance bill.

I see you ignored my advice.

5 minutes ago, farcanell said:

????????????

dems support immigration control.... name one that does not.

Any Democrat that refers to illegal aliens as "immigrants" in the context of border control, knowingly and for the sole purpose of making republicans look racist and accusing them of being anti immigrant, and who refuses to vote yes on a comprehensive border control package that includes walls which keeps the government shut down - is a Democrat that is open borders, and doesn't support border control. 

And that would be just about every single one of them. Take your pick from any of the top 20. Or 30. 

5 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Any Democrat that refers to illegal aliens as "immigrants" in the context of border control, knowingly and for the sole purpose of making republicans look racist and accusing them of being anti immigrant, and who refuses to vote yes on a comprehensive border control package that includes walls which keeps the government shut down - is a Democrat that is open borders, and doesn't support border control. 

And that would be just about every single one of them. Take your pick from any of the top 20. Or 30. 

That kind of "logic" surely works with "trump" fans but that's the extent of it. 

8 minutes ago, Becker said:

True, using your brain can be hard sometimes. Nevertheless, may I suggest to the MAWA guys that you try it sometimes. Who knows - maybe you'll have an epiphany!

Are you calling me a racist? I would like to know, as the other poster didn't have the backbone to say it outright. You probably don't either. 

Not all racists are "trump" fans but chances are if you meet a racist he's a "trump" fan.

It's no secret that "trump" built his political career with the racist "birther" movement and won the presidency with endless race baiting toxic rhetoric.

So people that bought that shabby con's mans bill of wares can't cry innocence. 

Next … 

4 minutes ago, racket said:

Ask a criminal, drug dealer or a smuggler if they are against the wall. Their Hollywood customers might get a little bit sad after the wall has been built, and the bankers who launder the drug money. 

Except the drugs are mostly entering through official and already controlled ports of entry:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/16/fact-check-mike-pence-donald-trump-drugs-crossing-southern-border-wall/2591279002/

26 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Democrats support smart, cost-effective immigration controls, whether you acknowledge it or not.

Please elaborate on these so called smart things that they are on record of supporting, with exact details and verifiable references. 

Where, how much, and what is the evidence of their effectiveness and how much are they willing to spend. 

Who said it, when and what are the details.

I'll be sure to see these magical smart, cost effective details that you claim to know about. 

5 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Are you calling me a racist? I would like to know, as the other poster didn't have the backbone to say it outright. You probably don't either. 

The poster, who you don’t have the backbone to name is me.

I didn’t call you a racist, I mentioned racists and you (for reasons only you can explain) assumes I was referring to you.

4 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Please elaborate on these so called smart things that they are on record of supporting, with exact details and verifiable references. 

Where, how much, and what is the evidence of their effectiveness and how much are they willing to spend. 

Who said it, when and what are the details.

I'll be sure to see these magical smart, cost effective details that you claim to know about. 

Illiberals are not even responsible for doing their own research these days.

12 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

See? Either side is the exact same argument. They should make a deal right now. Pelosi could counter with make it permanent. It isn't that hard.

She probably has. Trump would have none of that. Currently, he's offering nothing on DACA that he hasn't tried to take away previously and failed. Art of the Deal? He hasn't got a clue.

7 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Are you under the impression that I'm a congressman?  This is the democratic party platform on immigration reform.  Details need to be hashed-out in a bipartisan arena.  Donald is preventing that from happening right now.

You don't even need to believe any of that, but you should still be able to understand that a massive, environmentally disastrous, vulnerable, ineffective wall is not worth $5 billion (and that is just the down payment).

20 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Trump is a racist. He unashamedly makes no bones about that fact.

If you lie down with dogs, you get fleas.

*Removed post edited out*

I'm embarrassed being a nationality that put such a criminally corrupt race baiting white nationalist con man demagogue as our top leader. The president is supposed to be one of our best. He's one the lowest human beings of any nationality that can even be imagined. The idea that any reasoned person would support him is horrifying. I'll feel better if he doesn't totally trash our democratic institutions and we get rid of him with those institutions intact. No guarantees. 

You said trumps wall is rooted in racist ideology and this his base is racist. You typed racist about 8 times in one post, and I'm a trump supporter so if you believe trumps base to be racist then you are calling me a racist.“

1. trump’s wall is rooted in racist ideology.

2. It seems the the number of times I used the word racist/ism in the post you refer to has doubled. The last time you stated 4 times. Make your mind up laddy.

3. My words were ‘Racist Base’. I accept you may not have the English language skills to understand that does not mean all Trump’s base are racist. Why you chose to believe mentioning Trump’s racist base was a reference to you personally is something I can’t help you with.

Archived