Trump proposes wall-for-DACA in bid to end U.S. government shutdown

rooster59

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Thainesss said:

Because with enough time and resources, any wall can be eventually overcome that is proof that walls dont work? 

How does this even resemble actual logic. Everyone knows that walls can be overcome eventually, the point is to create a bottle-neck and add much needed time to stop people from crossing. 

Anyone that says that because walls wont stop everyone and everything 100% all the time that they are somehow "ineffective" is flat lying. 

Really?

Ask the Israelis how many tunnels they have found under their "impenetrable" wall. It might be interesting to know how much that wall has cost.

4 hours ago, Thainesss said:

No it wouldn't. As long as Chuck & Nancy perceive themselves as "winning" they will keep the government shutdown and flat refuse any negotiation, just like they are doing now, and couldn't care less if workers miss paychecks. 

How strange. Chuck & Nancy propose legislation to the Republican Senate open the government shutdown who in turn refuse to pass it and people like you blame the House and say it is their fault.

If the truth be known and it is, the shutdown can be laid fairly and squarely at Trump who has admitted publicly that he is "proud to own it".

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

His game is to send it to the senate which needs 60 votes to pass. So it won't pass and then potus can try to shift the hot potato blame to Schumer. It's not about a solution or re-opening the government. It's about shutdown blame.

Its ALWAYS been about shutdown blame. 

47 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I did what? 

‘indirectly call you a racist’.

ie I did not call you a racist.

That you feel that me mentioning racist in anyway refers to you is not something I need to explain to you.

You specifically stated "his racist base" like 4 times in one post in a topic on border security, and building a wall. You're saying his base is racist. Its clear as day. Im part of his base and youre calling me, a part of his base, a racist. Are you denying this? 

If you don't have the testicular fortitude to explain yourself to a part of his base as to why you think they are all racists, then you really shouldn't say such nasty things and then play dumb. It makes you look weak. 

There is nothing even remotely racist about protecting your borders. None at all. And no amount of screeching at people about racism is going to make it so. It just makes you look like an overly emotional liberal who's trying to appeal to emotion and guilt. 

4 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Its ALWAYS been about shutdown blame. 

You specifically stated "his racist base" like 4 times in one post in a topic on border security, and building a wall. You're saying his base is racist. Its clear as day. Im part of his base and youre calling me, a part of his base, a racist. Are you denying this? 

If you don't have the testicular fortitude to explain yourself to a part of his base as to why you think they are all racists, then you really shouldn't say such nasty things and then play dumb. It makes you look weak. 

There is nothing even remotely racist about protecting your borders. None at all. And no amount of screeching at people about racism is going to make it so. It just makes you look like an overly emotional liberal who's trying to appeal to emotion and guilt. 

I’m sure that while much of Trump’s base is racist, some is not.

Why you jump to the conclusion that I refer to you personally when I mention Trump’s racist base is not something I need explain to you.

34 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Really?

Ask the Israelis how many tunnels they have found under their "impenetrable" wall. It might be interesting to know how much that wall has cost.

So because a wall can be tunneled under, no walls should ever be built? What kind if idiotic logic is that? 

If you have hypothetical people willing to tunnel hundreds of feet under a wall... Then... Dont build a wall and just let them walk through? 

And do you really want to compare the results of israel before and israel after the wall? Its like 90% on all fronts in illegal crossing reduction and suicide bombings. 

I honestly cant tell if you guys really believe what you're typing.

33 minutes ago, billd766 said:

How strange. Chuck & Nancy propose legislation to the Republican Senate open the government shutdown who in turn refuse to pass it and people like you blame the House and say it is their fault.

If the truth be known and it is, the shutdown can be laid fairly and squarely at Trump who has admitted publicly that he is "proud to own it".

I swear you guys are the most hypocritical and willingly blind people I have even seen in my life. 

They want to pass legislation that does NOT include border security, and specifically state that they WILL NOT negotiate. Any rational and objective person can clearly see that it takes 2 people to refuse to negotiate. 

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump is pandering to his racist base with a wall founded on racist ideology .

His latest offer ‘I’ll leave the DACA kids alone if you fund the wall that Mexico is paying for’, is already failing with his racist base.

They want a wall and the don’t want DACA.

There is no rational basis for racism, their is no rational basis for anything founded on racism.

Trump is in a racist trap of his own making.

It’s not Pelosi holding Trump from backing down, it’s his fear of his own racist base.

And all because Mexico are paying for the wall.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m sure that while much of Trump’s base is racist, some is not.

Why you jump to the conclusion that I refer to you personally when I mention Trump’s racist base is not something I need explain to you.

Simultaneous trolling and gaslighting is quite a feat. 

There is nothing racist about border security, and a wall is certainly not "racist ideology" and "much of trumps base" is certainly not racist, and your posts are extremely offensive. 

5 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

The year is 2019 and he has changed his tone dramatically. It is time for a deal.

Coulter mocked the plan’s “amnesty,” noting sarcastically that maybe Trump could finally get an entire border wall if “we grant citizenship to a BILLION foreigners.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/coulter-rips-trump-daca-offer-calls-him-a-jeb_us_5c43c6b1e4b027c3bbc25bf2

7 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

So because a wall can be tunneled under, no walls should ever be built? What kind if idiotic logic is that? 

If you have hypothetical people willing to tunnel hundreds of feet under a wall... Then... Dont build a wall and just let them walk through? 

And do you really want to compare the results of israel before and israel after the wall? Its like 90% on all fronts in illegal crossing reduction and suicide bombings. 

I swear you guys are the most hypocritical and willingly blind people I have even seen in my life. 

They want to pass legislation that does NOT include border security, and specifically state that they WILL NOT negotiate. Any rational and objective person can clearly see that it takes 2 people to refuse to negotiate. 

They want to pass legislation that does NOT include border security, and specifically state that they WILL NOT negotiate.”

I suggest you a quaint yourself with the text of the government funding bill passed by both House and Senate, but rejected by Trump and the text of the bill passed by the House but rejected by Mitch McConnell.

Doing so will give you the opportunity to avoidparading your ignorance of the facts as you just did in your post above.

2 minutes ago, Basil B said:

So what is the issue of illegals crossing,

Well if you're a liberal then nothing apparently. You'd be totally ok with the US spending hundreds of billions of dollars to support illegal immigration, but be aghast at the thought of spending a measly 5.7 billion on implementing measures to combat it. 

Dont forget to call everyone who disagrees a racist though. 

If your a conservative, you'd think the above liberal position is complete insanity (which is is). 

LMFREAKINAO!

humpty dumpy sat on the wall

Humpty Dumpty took a great fall

humpty dumpty is cracking apart

????????????????

pelosi had fun in the sun and has him on the run ???????????? keep going till you get a deal, I say.

as for trumpists trumpeting a trump deal... ppphhhht... they’ll suck anything... suckers, as trump well knows

trump took away dreamer protection.... the courts have acted to protect dreamers against trumps xenophobic policies, so what’s he really offering, by suggesting he will give back what he took away....absolutely nothing!

pelosi is 100% right in dissing this as trump is giving nothing, whilst maintaining his previous demands.... it’s simply an effort to change public perception about the trump shutdown... c’mon America, surely y’all arent that stupid.

11 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Yeah man, you just keep on insulting and trolling people. That'll fix it. 

Your statement at #127 was ignorant of the facts.

They want to pass legislation that does NOT include border security, and specifically state that they WILL NOT negotiate.”

I can’t change gat, but you can. Go read the Government Funding Bill you’ll have facts to discuss not uninformed nonsense.

Trump has ordered Thousands of Government Employees back to work without pay.

Why do they not tell him where to shove their jobs and find employment elsewhere???

I presume thousands have, and they are the the better employees who will find it easier to get other employment, when this is over there will be a hell of a problem filling vacancies. 

Really crappy salesmanship and poor negotiating techniques by Trump. He made a big deal (as usual) of an announcement, and we all thought he was going to either go nuts and call a national crisis (more his style), or put an offer on the table of substance that would make the Democrats look bad if they didn't accept.  He did neither. 

Instead he offered to give back what he had already taken away. Foolish waste of political capital, and piss poor negotiation technique. 

Amateur.

No, as long as Trump gets what he wants, he does not look bad dragging things out. Any disingenuous offers he makes are just being a “tough negotiator”.

He does not care who blames him for the shut down. This is all about retaining the base - those who stuck with the GOP in the mid-terms. His base does not care the government is shut down - they hate the government. If benefits stop coming, they will care, but we are not there yet.

Every time a balanced article is written on this topic, it helps the GOP:

- Why is Obama allowing 700,000 illegal immigrants (in particular Hispanics) to become US citizens? Obama isn’t President anymore!

- We are a nation of laws!

- I don’t need illegals taking my opportunities

- their parents are not with them so they will turn to crime

- Dems want to keep them because they will vote Dem, etc, etc

And Schumer/Pelosi look like <deleted> Zombies; every time they show up on TV, talking about no wall, Dems go downhill. A message of No is always a losing message.

Trump will go down as literally the worst US President in history, but he is media savvy.

Yes , let's spend all our resources building a wall , with no one to monitor it or ro react to incidents. While all our other points of entry where the majority of illegals and drugs come from remain underprotected. All to placate trump's fragile ego.   

Please do share source materials showing where illegals enter the US.

29 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Please.... a link, if you can, to dems stating that they will not negotiate.

every dem I’ve heard speak, agrees that border security is important, but disagree on the scope of a border wall.... when pelosi told trump she disagreed, he said bye bye... vs negotiate...

lmao... and then... rational and objective people were sat alone, ready to negotiate, but Humpty Dumpty had left the room.... so that demonstrates it only takes one party to refuse to negotiate to scupper a deal.... much like my last employer refused to negotiate a pay increase with me, even though I was ready and willing to do so.... ????????????

trumpists are such a funny lot... crazy even, I dare say

14 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Well if you're a liberal then nothing apparently. You'd be totally ok with the US spending hundreds of billions of dollars to support illegal immigration, but be aghast at the thought of spending a measly 5.7 billion on implementing measures to combat it. 

Dont forget to call everyone who disagrees a racist though. 

If your a conservative, you'd think the above liberal position is complete insanity (which is is). 

Funny though, as it is the Americans not indigenous to the continent who are doing the shouting... 

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your statement at #127 was ignorant of the facts.

They want to pass legislation that does NOT include border security, and specifically state that they WILL NOT negotiate.”

I can’t change gat, but you can. Go read the Government Funding Bill you’ll have facts to discuss not uninformed nonsense.

But but.... removing the uninformed nonsense will leave them speechless.... oh... I see... good plan ????

1 hour ago, Thainesss said:

Actually they are trying to pass a bill which DOES improve border security but not for a wall.

There is the problem.

Trump wants a wall with no compromise and he is the one if you remember who caused the shutdown in the first place and he is the on who walked out of the meeting saying that there is nothing to discuss.

Yet you and many others like you are blaming the Democrats.

Trump has ordered Thousands of Government Employees back to work without pay.

Why do they not tell him where to shove their jobs and find employment elsewhere???

I presume thousands have, and they are the the better employees who will find it easier to get other employment, when this is over there will be a hell of a problem filling vacancies. 

It's not that simple. If they've been. there awhile they may be invested in expecting future government pensions. Government jobs generally pay less than equivalent private ones but they do have some perks like pensions and more job security. At least they used to. This later mess is hardly a recruiting tool for getting good people to apply in future.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

can’t change gat, but you can. Go read the Government Funding Bill you’ll have facts to discuss not uninformed nonsense.

22 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Actually they are trying to pass a bill which DOES improve border security but not for a wall.

36 minutes ago, farcanell said:

But but.... removing the uninformed nonsense will leave them speechless.... oh... I see... good plan ????

Democrats funding bill does nothing to combat illegal immigration. It literally facilitates migration with zero being done to take away any incentive what-so-ever to limit illegal migration, and the enormous cost to the country. You dog-piling libs here keep trolling and insulting, calling people racist, ignorant, but you yourselves dont even understand what the Dems are proposing. You are so hard into your echo-chambers that Pelosi could write a funding bill that says dem voters have to eat white dog poo 2 times a day and you'd defend it. 

None of you care about border security, and none of you care about the 5.7 billion. Illegal immigration costs hundreds of billions of dollars, so spare me. For some twisted reason, liberals have gone so far to the left they've fallen off the chart, but somehow you jokers feel like conservatives are the extreme ones... 

End of the day there is no face saving way for democrats to end the shutdown. 

33 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Trump wants a wall with no compromise and he is the one if you remember who caused the shutdown in the first place and he is the on who walked out of the meeting saying that there is nothing to discuss.

Yet you and many others like you are blaming the Democrats.

Because it is literally and specifically the democrats fault. They know, 100%, that the government is going to be shut down and they do not care. They dont care about DACA, they dont care about TPS people, they certainly dont care about the 800k workers. Its ALL POLITICS. They will refuse to open the government for as long as they perceive themselves as winning. 

No objective person could possibly have a problem with more border security, including barriers, considering the overall costs to the country without it. Trump has completely illuminated the Democrat Party as the party of illegal immigration and forced them so hard left that they are unrecognizable from even 5 years ago. What the democrats are proposing is billions in funding to FACILITATE the migration and processing, and thats the polar opposite of "border security". 

6 minutes ago, Opl said:

MAGA generation at its best, perfectly mirrors American values under Trump Presidency

FYI that video lacks context. The native American barged into the school group while they were singing spirit songs and started beating his drum and telling them to go back to Europe and that they were on stolen land. This video is after all that so it appears hes being mobbed for no reason other than being an Indian. 

Context matters to some, but apparently not liberals nor the media. 

Because it is literally and specifically the democrats fault. They know, 100%, that the government is going to be shut down and they do not care. They dont care about DACA, they dont care about TPS people, they certainly dont care about the 800k workers. Its ALL POLITICS. They will refuse to open the government for as long as they perceive themselves as winning. 

No objective person could possibly have a problem with more border security, including barriers, considering the overall costs to the country without it. Trump has completely illuminated the Democrat Party as the party of illegal immigration and forced them so hard left that they are unrecognizable from even 5 years ago. What the democrats are proposing is billions in funding to FACILITATE the migration and processing, and thats the polar opposite of "border security". 
Nope. "trump" owns the shutdown. He said so. He's proud to do it!

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived